mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   CCM (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/ccm/)
-   -   SS25 Maintenance (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/ccm/208361-ss25-maintenance.html)

Broch 07-17-2012 10:09 AM

SS25 Maintenance

I've just received a beautiful SS25, and there is one issue I need to take care of before it goes to its next owner. No matter what I do, cocked or uncocked, she leaks down the barrel. I've done my due diligence, read the stickies, and of course have become indoctrinated by the manual that TF lovingly created and had blessed by Velcor. OTHER THAN the valve seal and making sure that the pressure isnt' too low, is there anything else that I need to check?

I remember reading in this forum that there was a change made to the lower tube for SS25's that eliminates the likelyhood of this occurring. To the best of my memory, it had to do with changing something that was Delrin to something else. :bang: Any ideas?

crazyorigin 07-17-2012 08:05 PM

Early SS25's used delrin valve pins. They proved to be problematic so they were changed to stainless with an o ring seal.

My guess us your valve pin seal is bad or your pressure us to low like you mentioned. It is easier to remove the pump kit and pull the valve out the front, it is also easier on the valve body o rings.

Talfuchre 07-17-2012 11:05 PM

They changed not only the valve stem - but also the valve body slightly. Please call CCM and have both sent to you. Make sure you have the pressure set at 350 psi - and I would toss in a set of springs to make sure you valve spring is not too weak.

That makes sense to me. It would not be dumb to call Rod and have him talk you through what you have tried. He is great about knowing little things that I can't think of or have had experience with. Rod is one of the best listeners concerning tech issues I know of.

Good for you for being open and honest and selling a good marker.

TF

crazyorigin 07-17-2012 11:10 PM

Rod is a good listener. He is quite dreamy.

Broch 07-18-2012 01:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Talfuchre (Post 2414217)
They changed not only the valve stem - but also the valve body slightly. Please call CCM and have both sent to you. Make sure you have the pressure set at 350 psi - and I would toss in a set of springs to make sure you valve spring is not too weak.

That makes sense to me. It would not be dumb to call Rod and have him talk you through what you have tried. He is great about knowing little things that I can't think of or have had experience with. Rod is one of the best listeners concerning tech issues I know of.

Good for you for being open and honest and selling a good marker.

TF

This is MCB after all, not kiddie land. Karma is a beautiful thing, and I enjoy watching it play out in balance.

The new owner has decided that he is going to tech the marker himself in exchange for a $50.00 discount. Works for him, works for me.

crazyorigin 07-18-2012 01:28 AM

Don't sell off my old S6 so fast! It needs a good home and some use, it shoots like a dream. I constantly regret selling it but, we all know how things go.....

Broch 07-18-2012 01:53 AM

Lol, that marker is different. You won't see that baby whored like that in public. She is a back alley kinda girl. Lol! In all seriousness, I have a special affinity for S6's.

JOESPUD27 07-18-2012 09:31 AM

Make sure you are careful with the frontblock o-rings when removing/installing it. Those are easy to nick and cause a leak. Little grease and steady hand and you'll be fine.

Jay

Talfuchre 07-18-2012 09:59 AM

I mention this in the manual too Joe - great point - Rod told me to use a small screw driver to guide the o-rings past the two screw holes.

It has worked for me in the past.

TF

Dr. VonDeafingson 07-18-2012 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Broch;
In all seriousness, I have a special affinity for S6's.

Yeah I figured that out when you kept pestering to buy mine :p