mcarterbrown.com  

CCM Chipley Machine

Old 04-18-2013, 09:42 AM   #991 (permalink)
Big guy in a wig

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSA View Post
Talk to us about the sound signature of that muzzle break. I had purchased one for my SR1 but found the pop turned into a "POP" similar to the effects of a loudener. Because I didn't want to drop coin and fail again I am on the wait n see when it comes to finishing off my barrel.
What did you try for a muzzle break? Was it louder for you as the shooter or was it louder down range?
I have been using a hammerhead M-50 this did seem louder when shooting but it was quieter downrange due to directing the pressure wave back at the shooter.
I have recently picked up a sound signature modifier and it did work amazingly well. I was surprised at how loud the hammer and valve action on the SR1 sounded once I had all be eliminated the report form the muzzle. Once you are a few feet from the gun it is hardly noticeable.
That evening, the cruise director gave me a very stern lecture.
Feedback
The Flounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 06:06 PM   #992 (permalink)
DSA
One in the Pipe!

Send a message via Skype™ to DSA

Ill get you a photo, it was a typical looking muzzel break. I suspect too much meat and not enough venting so the sound signature was wayy loud on both sides of the barrel. I do like the look of the Lapco 50 but its just too big up front.

As for my Carter Whoosh, although the sound signature is less the decrease in FPS makes it an unacceptable option with out modification. It is clearly made for smaller diameter paintballs.

My Feedback Redux Knowledge Base My Email Line SI Knowledge Base
Quote:
Originally Posted by russc View Post

All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to shoot nothing.
DSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 03:18 PM   #993 (permalink)
firsttime 4 pb 2/4/2014

As of right right now I will only be making a limited run of SR-1 only barrels for testing. AJ, dean sniper,and DSA are my picks till some of the mfg issues are fixed.
I learned everything I need to know about how to fix and run a successful paintball venture from the Internet.
The $aint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 03:38 PM   #994 (permalink)
It's All In The Reflexes.

Send a message via AIM to Crimson Death

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by The $aint View Post
As of right right now I will only be making a limited run of SR-1 only barrels for testing. AJ, dean sniper,and DSA are my picks till some of the mfg issues are fixed.
Glad I made the cut!
Crimson Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:10 AM   #995 (permalink)
Not one of the cool kids

I'd love to be able to snag one of those compression barrels, if they become available. I have a friend whipping up an adapter for me this week so I can try my Typhoon on my SR-1. I have high hopes. I'll post up as soon as I have tried it out.
Hooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 11:22 AM   #996 (permalink)
Facta Non Verba

Send a message via MSN to Deuce

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSA View Post
Agreed, I honestly cant understand why anyone would lock a shell in the barrel and breech load. Its fun, but not as fun as breech loading shells. If you all will notice Carmatech has now offered a "builder version" of the SAR12. I cant help but think they ran across an SR-1 thread or read my review and thought wow that is a good idea.
I did exactly that during the Grand Finale. It was really no other reason than trying to increase efficiency in my loading under pressure. I got some pretty awesome shots off. I just wish that SOMEONE had advertised that they were allowing first strikes as they advertised FPO.

I had hundreds of FS with me, but my integrity kept me from using them since it was supposed to be FPO.

Co-Captain/ Co-Founder
Team-Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCMachinist View Post
$400 per 1000

smoke'em if you got'em.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper duke View Post
I'd wipe, play-on and overshoot.
Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 11:43 AM   #997 (permalink)
Big guy in a wig

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
I just wish that SOMEONE had advertised that they were allowing first strikes as they advertised FPO. (
That is why I always call ahead to ask if it is not listed in the information about the game. If they are allowed the issue becomes making sure the players and refs know that white (or blue) paint hits count. I hate that feeling you get when you make a great shot and then watch a ref wipe the hit off a player because it was not the standard field paint color.
Feedback
Old 04-24-2013, 12:02 PM   #998 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Flounder View Post
What did you try for a muzzle break? Was it louder for you as the shooter or was it louder down range?
I have been using a hammerhead M-50 this did seem louder when shooting but it was quieter downrange due to directing the pressure wave back at the shooter.
I have recently picked up a sound signature modifier and it did work amazingly well. I was surprised at how loud the hammer and valve action on the SR1 sounded once I had all be eliminated the report form the muzzle. Once you are a few feet from the gun it is hardly noticeable.

OoOOoOHHH! where where?
Cheeserocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 02:14 PM   #999 (permalink)
DSA
One in the Pipe!

Send a message via Skype™ to DSA

Quote:
Originally Posted by The $aint View Post
Oh my the Gods are smiling on me today, Thank you for your consideration.

My Feedback Redux Knowledge Base My Email Line SI Knowledge Base
Quote:
Originally Posted by russc View Post

All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to shoot nothing.
DSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 02:33 PM   #1000 (permalink)
Big guy in a wig

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheeserocket View Post
OoOOoOHHH! where where?
Sorry at the request of the artisan, that information is not available.
Feedback

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCM