mcarterbrown.com  

CCM Chipley Machine

Old 05-05-2013, 01:32 PM   #1021 (permalink)
Sorry, that's classified.

I'm looking into a rail system instead of my free floating hand guard. I found a nice Daniel defense rail. The locking mechanism looks different than a delta ring system. What do I need to attach that? Any special tools/parts to put it on my breach?
Donut SD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 01:52 PM   #1022 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
If the DDr will fit the real steel it should fit the SR1.

I don't know if there is any special tools for the DD. The systems I have seen use standard allen wrenches.
“Do not yearn too much for a sword made by a famous smith. This is because even if you give a good man a sword worth ten thousand coppers, he will not be able to beat a hundred men each holding a spear worth a hundred coppers.” - Asakura Takakage Toshikage, 1462-1482

Ecc. 9-10
Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with your might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, where you go.

NEW STORE http://store.chipleymachine.com/

DOOR GUNNER handgun mounts for gunsafes.

http://www.machineshopdpm.com/
CCMachinist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 02:14 PM   #1023 (permalink)

Ok awesome, I like the omega rail. Gonna go for that one.

And gosh there was a company I had found a while back with a neat honeycomb pattern on their hand guard... I can't find them anymore but they did some neat ar accessories.
Old 05-05-2013, 06:10 PM   #1024 (permalink)
Big guy in a wig

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donut SD View Post
Ok awesome, I like the omega rail. Gonna go for that one.

And gosh there was a company I had found a while back with a neat honeycomb pattern on their hand guard... I can't find them anymore but they did some neat ar accessories.
Try Yankee Hill Machine.

Diamond Series AR-15 : YHM, Yankee Hill Machine Co., Inc. | Makers of High Quality Firearms, Accessories & Sound Suppressors, Makers of High Quality Firearms, Accessories & Sound Suppressors

We are lucky to still be talking about paintball.
Feedback
The Flounder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 08:25 AM   #1025 (permalink)
Not one of the cool kids

I'm using the stock barrel with an Alpha434 Typhoon on the end. I was shooting at concrete tubes with a very slight crossbreeze( 2-4mph). My 2 longest targets are 285 and 320', cuz the concrete pieces are too heavy to move to 300' dead on.
I plan to paint some body size shapes on the tubes this week to be able to really gauge my shots. This past weekend I had a spotter down range with a mask, marking my hits with red paint for me.
I'll be sure to bring home lots of pics from D-Day for everyone. I'll also click a couple of pics of the first strike range that I'm using.
Hooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 01:46 AM   #1026 (permalink)

Flounder, that's darn near close. The honeycomb venting was more...honeycomb-ish. But the yhm rail is looking really nice.
Old 05-09-2013, 12:10 AM   #1027 (permalink)
DSA
One in the Pipe!

Send a message via Skype™ to DSA

Man if we can get two of these on the field with some nice ROF markers, I know the sniper spot that we can get an easy 40 eliminations and some of the best video action ever. Mongo, and I found it our first time out and it is where Zack popped his cherry of 20 straight elims without being hit.

My Feedback Redux Knowledge Base My Email Line SI Knowledge Base
Quote:
Originally Posted by russc View Post

All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to shoot nothing.
DSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 07:14 AM   #1028 (permalink)
I like to watch. ^_^

Location: Somewhere in the bowels of south eastern Virginia....

I spoke to Bill about getting on the list for the next run of rifles that he produces. I am really looking forward to getting one, and I will be watching this thread intently to gather as much info as I can.
"Sniping's a good job, mate! It's challenging work, out-of-doors... I guarantee you'll not go hungry, 'cause at the end of the day, as long as there are two people left on the planet, someone is gonna want someone dead."

-The Sniper
Nessy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 10:00 AM   #1029 (permalink)
Not one of the cool kids

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSA View Post
Man if we can get two of these on the field with some nice ROF markers, I know the sniper spot that we can get an easy 40 eliminations and some of the best video action ever. Mongo, and I found it our first time out and it is where Zack popped his cherry of 20 straight elims without being hit.
Oooh! Sounds good, I hope to see you in OK this year. I have my team captain, Rowlf, willing to spot and provide heavy cover fire for me. If you have never played with Rowlf before, he is a beast on the trigger and has eagle freakin eyes. In C/S here, he can read the tail #'s on the planes at the airport from the tower at the zoo on cheyanne mountain. It's scary...
Hooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 11:13 PM   #1030 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
Well, I was shooting my SR1 over the chrono today just to see where the gun was at with the new barrel.

So for some reason I decided to back away from the chrono about 11 feet just to see if I could shoot over the chrono without blowing it up.

I was able to accurately shoot over it with ease using FS. Shooting about ten shots the FPS dropped 20 FPS. wow. I just didn't think it would be that drastic .

I repeated this several times to see if it was consistent. It was.

So now I want to try it at 70 yards.
“Do not yearn too much for a sword made by a famous smith. This is because even if you give a good man a sword worth ten thousand coppers, he will not be able to beat a hundred men each holding a spear worth a hundred coppers.” - Asakura Takakage Toshikage, 1462-1482

Ecc. 9-10
Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with your might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, where you go.

NEW STORE http://store.chipleymachine.com/

DOOR GUNNER handgun mounts for gunsafes.

http://www.machineshopdpm.com/
CCMachinist is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCM