mcarterbrown.com  

CCM Chipley Machine

Old 05-09-2013, 11:07 PM   #1031 (permalink)
DSA
One in the Pipe!

Send a message via Skype™ to DSA

Man that is a huge drop in inertia, or is it? I would like to see the same test conducted with long and short barrels alike, lubed and unlubed at the same distance from the chrono.

My Feedback Redux Knowledge Base My Email Line SI Knowledge Base
Quote:
Originally Posted by russc View Post

All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to shoot nothing.
DSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 09:31 AM   #1032 (permalink)
Ranger of the South

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooligan View Post
Oooh! Sounds good, I hope to see you in OK this year. I have my team captain, Rowlf, willing to spot and provide heavy cover fire for me. If you have never played with Rowlf before, he is a beast on the trigger and has eagle freakin eyes. In C/S here, he can read the tail #'s on the planes at the airport from the tower at the zoo on cheyanne mountain. It's scary...
I was there last summer at that tower - just beautiful! Do you mean without binoculars? That's crazy!

My MCB Feedback
longhornjake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 10:43 AM   #1033 (permalink)
Facta Non Verba

Send a message via MSN to Deuce

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooligan View Post
I finally got some good trigger time this morning to sight my SR-1 in for D-Day.
It was a slow day at the paintball field I work at so I took the time to walk off distances to targets on our concrete field from my benchrest using a meter wheel.
I marked distances on the structures with spray paint.
I am pretty comfy with first strike rounds and their capabilities; the SR-1 is my 9th marker that can shoot first strikes.

I am absolutely blown away by the accuracy of the SR-1. I was rocking a target at 320' all morning long. Where I may have hit something at this range with a first strike before, it has never been this tight of a grouping or consistant. I don't know what magical fairy dust and unicorn boners you sprinkled in the reg, but it is unreal. 5 shots over a big red chrono, 299, 299, 298, 299, 297.

I cannot wait to take this marker to D-Day this year and get let loose in such a target rich environment. ( Play for the German side or be a target all weekend; your choice).

Will there be anymore SR-1 owners at D-day with me this year.
I'm wanting to make it this year with the SR-1 but it's still up in the air for me.

Co-Captain/ Co-Founder
Team-Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCMachinist View Post
$400 per 1000

smoke'em if you got'em.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper duke View Post
I'd wipe, play-on and overshoot.
Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 12:19 PM   #1034 (permalink)
Not one of the cool kids

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhornjake View Post
I was there last summer at that tower - just beautiful! Do you mean without binoculars? That's crazy!
Yup, no binoculars for Rowlf. His lasik came out pretty well I'd say. Next time you come through Co. give me a yell. There is always something fun and paintball related going on here.
Hooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 10:43 PM   #1035 (permalink)
a.k.a. FullSpinPaintball

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nessy View Post
I spoke to Bill about getting on the list for the next run of rifles that he produces. I am really looking forward to getting one, and I will be watching this thread intently to gather as much info as I can.
I'm right there with ya. I'm convinced this will be my next p-ball purchase. Of course, no hope of getting one by my next game (Sedition "242 Incident" scenario up in Maryland next weekend), so I'll be playing with my Hurricane. Anyone with an SR-1 attending this one?!

** Spin Doctor's Paintball Page
** MCB Feedback
** PBN Feedback
** PBN Feedback (old)

Agglet re: Frink: "Much like a newborn baby your collection is both beautiful and disgusting."
russc: "PBN is a business, and that's why they prefer thousands of morons to hundreds of intelligent posters"
drum: "Between the ammo shipments and all the long rectangular packages, not to mention regular mail from the Pa. Superior Court, my mailman is pretty sure that I am a freak."
SpinDoctor15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 11:44 PM   #1036 (permalink)
dragshank

Quote:
I spoke to Bill about getting on the list for the next run of rifles that he produces. I am really looking forward to getting one, and I will be watching this thread intently to gather as much info as I can.
As am I, if only I could paypal him my tax return right now
Old 05-12-2013, 07:52 AM   #1037 (permalink)
Big guy in a wig

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpinDoctor15 View Post
I'm right there with ya. I'm convinced this will be my next p-ball purchase. Of course, no hope of getting one by my next game (Sedition "242 Incident" scenario up in Maryland next weekend), so I'll be playing with my Hurricane. Anyone with an SR-1 attending this one?!

I will have mine there.
That evening, the cruise director gave me a very stern lecture.
Feedback
The Flounder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 08:51 AM   #1038 (permalink)
I like to watch. ^_^

Location: Now hiding in the southwest. Soon to be in the Far East. ;)

I like the fact that Bill doesn't ask for money until the rifle is ready to ship. That way, you aren't out money, like I am waiting for my SAR 12 to come in, and have been waiting since the March 15th when they initially said they were going to ship. >_<

Plus, it helps me out since I am currently deployed overseas and wont be back till August. ^_^

Also, for any interested. When I get back from deployment in August, I will be doing a side by side by side by side accuracy and range comparison of the Milsig Paradigm Pro, Carmatech SAR 12, Tiberius T 9.1 and CCM SR-1. I will have them built as I want (except the 9.1. That is my friend's rifle), and I will determine which sniper marker reigns supreme in terms of distance, accuracy, and consistency. If anyone is near the Hampton Roads area of VA or possibly Command Decisions Paintball in Taylorsville, NC (I haven't decided the venue yet. Runaway of Team Boxer expressed interest in being involved with the test) area during that time, I would love to have some helping hands for this extensive and detailed test. Plus, I'll have over 1000 FSRs to play with, so everyone can shoot. ^_^
"Sniping's a good job, mate! It's challenging work, out-of-doors... I guarantee you'll not go hungry, 'cause at the end of the day, as long as there are two people left on the planet, someone is gonna want someone dead."

-The Sniper

Last edited by Nessy; 05-12-2013 at 09:00 AM.
Nessy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 12:46 PM   #1039 (permalink)
dragshank

Quote:
I like the fact that Bill doesn't ask for money until the rifle is ready to ship. That way, you aren't out money, like I am waiting for my SAR 12 to come in, and have been waiting since the March 15th when they initially said they were going to ship. >_<

Plus, it helps me out since I am currently deployed overseas and wont be back till August. ^_^

Also, for any interested. When I get back from deployment in August, I will be doing a side by side by side by side accuracy and range comparison of the Milsig Paradigm Pro, Carmatech SAR 12, Tiberius T 9.1 and CCM SR-1. I will have them built as I want (except the 9.1. That is my friend's rifle), and I will determine which sniper marker reigns supreme in terms of distance, accuracy, and consistency. If anyone is near the Hampton Roads area of VA or possibly Command Decisions Paintball in Taylorsville, NC (I haven't decided the venue yet. Runaway of Team Boxer expressed interest in being involved with the test) area during that time, I would love to have some helping hands for this extensive and detailed test. Plus, I'll have over 1000 FSRs to play with, so everyone can shoot. ^_^
This, plus one! I've been a fan of CCM for a long time, but I could never warm up to any of their offerings (S6.5 or the T2), the SR-1 really struck a cord with me though. My local woodsball field has been invaded by electro's and after couple month's hiatus from pball, I just am tired of running into hailstorms of paint with a pump gun, call it getting older, I just like the concept of the SR-1, sit back, smoke a stogie, pull the trigger and watch them cry as you use only ONE round on them.

I was going to ask, does anyone know of some good, high-quality, but reasonably priced AR furniture I can get for this?

Last edited by commandoman; 05-12-2013 at 12:51 PM.
commandoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 01:08 PM   #1040 (permalink)
Sorry, that's classified.

I've been shopping for furniture. I was pretty much set on Daniel defense and am about to get a Yankee hill machine handguard/rail system. Yhm prices are somewhat more bearable than some other while still getting a sold product from what I've seen. Buying direct, they are sold out of what I want. But found the same model rail I wanna get on ebay. Waiting on another check as I'm gonna get me a new handguard
Donut SD is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCM