mcarterbrown.com

CCM Chipley Machine

Old 06-13-2013, 03:59 PM   #1191 (permalink)
.67cal Buwwets!

CCM Fan
Free floating is the way to go on the SR1 really, no need to less with a collar up front and it allows you to run whatever barrel you want and take it off easily. Most clamp onto a regular barrel nut for the AR platform, that nut threads onto the body of the SR1.
crazyorigin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 02:26 PM   #1192 (permalink)
DSA
One in the Pipe!

Send a message via Skype™ to DSA

Hooligan how was DDay?

My Feedback Redux Knowledge Base My Email Line SI Knowledge Base
Quote:
Originally Posted by russc View Post

All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to shoot nothing.
DSA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 07:56 PM   #1193 (permalink)
dragshank

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSA View Post
Hooligan how was DDay?
Yes, I'm also curious to hear stories of the SR1 kicking butt!
Old 06-20-2013, 08:00 AM   #1194 (permalink)
Not one of the cool kids

D-Day was a sick joke that cost me way too much money. Yall didn't miss much. The week before the big game was kinda fun, pretty confusing on the mini games and what they were good for, points, props, etc. The sniper course was ok, the shoot was a joke. " Ok can you shoot a round through a 3'x'4 open square at 20'?" You pass! The stalk was fun, but I wish they would have told us about the prizes instead of just letting people stumble over them and keep them. Basically, I paid $20 to be able to get a sniper card that let me on the field 2 hours early on Saturday. Oh yeah, It let me use another grade of paint that I had to buy. And of course, no first strike sniper paint. So that's 2 cases of normal graffiti, one case of white fill graffiti, and 340 firststrikes........

The mag fed game was a blast, except for a certain pro team face raping with Dam's. I have a new attitude about the Dam after the week at D-day. I never saw one used responsibly. Do you really need to burst fire first strikes at some one who is already out? I'm pretty sure I'm in someones video, yelling " Let the player out" at the top of my lungs.

My Saturday was cut short early after an eliminated tank came up and shot about 30 of us in the back way too many times. On the next reinsert, I was called out by the allies to be a sniper and they let me have it. SEVEN shots to the back of the head as I was trying to walk off of the field. I'm still having twitch/ vision issues with my right eye. I tried to tell a ref that I was marked, please go pull their honor tags for overshooting a dead man. He told me that I didn't know how to play paintball and that my own team was shooting me in the back of the head cause I had advanced too far....

On the plus side, the vendors were awesome, the paint was great and I made friends with the Carmatech guys. Great guys on and off of the field.
We won't be going back to D-Day again. We are thinking about a road trip to Living Legends next year.
Hooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 08:35 AM   #1195 (permalink)
DSA
One in the Pipe!

Send a message via Skype™ to DSA

Oh man that is disappointing. It sounds like the reffing has not changed changed much in the past few years. On our last trip the 82nd Airborne a blue team all used red tape to secure their gear to their LBE's when I mentioned it to the refs the just laughed. I mentioned it to the players the snickered, I mentioned it to the promoter and it was ignored.

As for your statement of the DAM overshooting, I suspected as much that is why I posted the FSR Mainstream thread.

That being said, it is still the biggest game around and is probably a monster to manage. There will always be problems and overshooting issues. As for jerks, our sport seems to attract them in droves, especially deep pocket jerks who can afford to spray and pray with FSR. As for pro teams slamming players just remember, just because they call themselves pros and win money at questionable tournaments dose not mean they are Professionals. A truly professional team would disband at a big game like D-Day and mentor younger players. This is where the sport fails.

Lastly, I would say hold off on being so doom and gloom, be an ambassador for the big game, contact Dewayne and in a very tactful and professional way explain your expierence and just hope he cares. The Sniper role seems to have been a last minute effort and might need to be revamped.

Maybe we the sniper community could pull together and submit our own criteria for consideration. I am disappointed that snipers were charged an additional $20.00 to play a sniper role, reeks of greed not evolution.

Tell me, in order to play a sniper was there a limitation on the equipment used? Example single shot rifles for true snipers or was it just another way to make money and if you had the extra $20.00 regardless of gear, you were miraculously deemed to be a sniper?

I hope this is just growing pains for the sniper class. I hope with the help of the community we can effect changes to the roles with the help of Dorsai and his legondary connection with the sport.

My vote would be to make it a crime for anyone to take out a sniper but a sniper ala Enemy at the Gates Scenario. Lets start there.

My Feedback Redux Knowledge Base My Email Line SI Knowledge Base
Quote:
Originally Posted by russc View Post

All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to shoot nothing.

Last edited by DSA; 06-20-2013 at 08:39 AM.
DSA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 10:38 AM   #1196 (permalink)
Sorry, that's classified.

Darn that stinks about the event.

For those interested, I looked up about that Daniel defense airsoft line of gear. Madbull is the manufacture for a lot of airsoft branded ar accessories. The have official licenses to reproduce ar company parts. Can't buy from them directly though but on their site it'll help you find a reseller. That way you get some quality ar gear for your sr-1 without breaking the bank.

For sale!--->Polished clear and pink Luxe 2.0, TiPX (to be posted...), Works project (to be posted...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteekay View Post
Shoulda Gone to Bacci.™
Donut SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 10:53 AM   #1197 (permalink)
dragshank

That's disappointing, I remember playing at a local field and getting overshot while running around with a phantom last year at fox pb here in Illinois. Still, I'd love to go to D-Day, never been, but for the seven years I've played paintball, I have always wanted to go, and with the SR1 in the works, I want to go even more!
Old 06-20-2013, 11:24 AM   #1198 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
SR-1 noob

Welp, I shot it for the first time yesterday. Pretty freakin’ cool.
I was hitting center mass at 70 yards with a decent wind blowing.

I tried to convince Bill afterwards, we should hop state line and start making real steel too. He laughed, but didn’t say no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bored383 View Post
I don't care what anyone uses to play - just don't be a douche to your fellow players. Its the golden rule.
CCM CHICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 12:02 PM   #1199 (permalink)
Sorry, that's classified.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCM CHICK View Post

I tried to convince Bill afterwards, we should hop state line and start making real steel too. He laughed, but didn’t say no.
Having been mulling over building my own AR, I would love a CCM AR platform to start off of.

For sale!--->Polished clear and pink Luxe 2.0, TiPX (to be posted...), Works project (to be posted...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteekay View Post
Shoulda Gone to Bacci.™
Donut SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 02:18 PM   #1200 (permalink)
Facta Non Verba

Send a message via MSN to Deuce

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCM CHICK View Post

CCM stripped receivers? Yes, please!

Co-Captain/ Co-Founder
Team-Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper duke View Post
I'd wipe, play-on and overshoot.
Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCM