mcarterbrown.com  

CCM Chipley Machine

Old 05-27-2014, 03:05 PM   #1331 (permalink)
a.k.a. FullSpinPaintball

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
I've been asking for mag-fed too ;-) Any hope of this appearing in the new design, Bill? I know it's a long shot, but just contributing potential user inputs!

** Spin Doctor's Paintball Page
** MCB Feedback
** PBN Feedback
** PBN Feedback (old)

Agglet re: Frink: "Much like a newborn baby your collection is both beautiful and disgusting."
russc: "PBN is a business, and that's why they prefer thousands of morons to hundreds of intelligent posters"
drum: "Between the ammo shipments and all the long rectangular packages, not to mention regular mail from the Pa. Superior Court, my mailman is pretty sure that I am a freak."
SpinDoctor15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 04:24 PM   #1332 (permalink)

Nina aka Raven was on the Red Team. Its her in the picture.
Mischievous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 08:51 PM   #1333 (permalink)

My SR1 - one year and nine months after delivery:

[IMG][/IMG]

Extra large, bead-blasted throw bolt (custom work from CCM);
First strike holder tube (custom work from CCM);
Hammerhead Mofo Carbon Fiber 14" barrel;
Daniel Defense Rail;
Tango Down vertical foregrip;
Nikon M223 rangefinder scope;
Cold Shot adjustable rail;
MagPul PRS stock;
Harris Ultralight swiveling bipod;
Ergo Tactical Grip with palm shelf;and
Accushot monopod.

Nobody makes a better dedicated sniper rifle. Nobody.
Trinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 09:30 PM   #1334 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpinDoctor15 View Post
I've been asking for mag-fed too ;-) Any hope of this appearing in the new design, Bill? I know it's a long shot, but just contributing potential user inputs!
This rifle will probably always be just what it is. Everybody makes mag feed guns and there is a lot of choices.

The SR1 was designed as a First Strike only sniper rifle. It is only for a few people.

We do have some ideas for a mag feed but it's a ways off.
“Do not yearn too much for a sword made by a famous smith. This is because even if you give a good man a sword worth ten thousand coppers, he will not be able to beat a hundred men each holding a spear worth a hundred coppers.” - Asakura Takakage Toshikage, 1462-1482

Ecc. 9-10
Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with your might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, where you go.

NEW STORE http://store.chipleymachine.com/

DOOR GUNNER handgun mounts for gunsafes.

http://www.machineshopdpm.com/
CCMachinist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 05:36 PM   #1335 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

That's a beautiful rifle man I'm chomping at the bit waiting for mine. I have had so much fun playing big games with a fs Traccer breach fed I KNEW that the SR1 is for me.
Rover Lead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 04:10 AM   #1336 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rover Lead View Post
That's a beautiful rifle man I'm chomping at the bit waiting for mine. I have had so much fun playing big games with a fs Traccer breach fed I KNEW that the SR1 is for me.
Thanks. It has taken me almost two years to get the rifle exactly the way I wanted it. That's the beauty of the SR1; it can be whatever you want it to be. Some players keep them quick and light so they can shoot and move. I, on the other hand, built mine for shooting out of the prone position. It is big and heavy but it is rock steady for really long-range shots off the bipod. The Cold Shot adjustable rail is letting me build my own first strike ballistic figures using minutes of angle. It makes for a very precise way of shooting.

The other thing I am doing is working to learn the effect of various wind velocities on first strikes. It is a real eye opener how much wind effects the rounds at longer ranges and how important it is to know exactly how fast the wind is blowing. For example, I have found that at 70 yards a 3 MPH wind blowing across the field can move a first strike round 21-24 inches. A 5 MPH wind moves that same round about 36" at that range. Misjudging the wind can result in a clear miss. Any kind of wind at distances of 80 yards and beyond is a very ugly situation.
Old 06-12-2014, 11:27 AM   #1337 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
it's good to see you blog back and updated.Lots of good info.
“Do not yearn too much for a sword made by a famous smith. This is because even if you give a good man a sword worth ten thousand coppers, he will not be able to beat a hundred men each holding a spear worth a hundred coppers.” - Asakura Takakage Toshikage, 1462-1482

Ecc. 9-10
Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with your might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, where you go.

Old 06-12-2014, 08:10 PM   #1338 (permalink)

Now that I have a bit more time I should have the blog up and running again soon. By the way, it was shooting in the wind at the end of the shop there at CCM that got me to thinking about the effects of wind on first strike rounds.
Old 06-13-2014, 10:47 AM   #1339 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
Now that I have a bit more time I should have the blog up and running again soon. By the way, it was shooting in the wind at the end of the shop there at CCM that got me to thinking about the effects of wind on first strike rounds.

My own personal wind tunnel. lol

Ecc. 9-10

Old 06-13-2014, 07:04 PM   #1340 (permalink)
DSA
One in the Pipe!

Send a message via Skype™ to DSA

Nice to see you guys talking SR-1 again...

My Feedback Redux Knowledge Base My Email Line SI Knowledge Base
Quote:
Originally Posted by russc View Post

All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to shoot nothing.
DSA is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCM