mcarterbrown.com  

CCM Chipley Machine

Old 07-28-2012, 12:00 PM   #231 (permalink)
Photo Guru

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keebler View Post
The holo is intended for use with a magnifier of some sort since its true parallax free. The red dot isn't but at the ranges its intended for it won't matter. If you not going to use aagnifier the holo is a waste of money IMO. Iron sights are very versatile pd course you have to worry about mask clearence. And I find a red dot draws my eye better
I disagree with pretty much everything, but that's a whole other discussion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyorigin View Post
I have my lower done already, DPMS with a Stag LPK. I need an upper and furniture still. I am debating on building or buying an upper, i will probably just buy one complete, thinking about 6.5 grendel right now. I am just curous what tools specific to AR assembly and maintenance i would need? I see a few different fore end/shroud removal tools, i am going to be ordering a buffer tube castle nut wrench but would like to get everything i need in one shot. I will probably get the Magpul MOE furniture to match the stuff i have for the SR1 now.
IMHO, unless there's just a bunch of very specific pieces you're wanting, I'd buy a complete upper. As for tools, unless you're planning on swapping out the barrel nut assembly for a free float foregrip (which I doubt since your said you're going MagPul), I wouldn't worry about tools an "Armors" tool. A delta ring can easily be pulled down enough to swap out hand guards. As for the stock/ Castle Nut, I really like the Tapco Stock Wrench. It was pretty cheap (like $14 shipped or something). As for maintenance, there's no special "tool" that's really needed, but there are some that help. I got a Dewey AR Cleaning Link free when I bought a scope from PA and it's a pretty cool little tool. You pop out the take down pin, pull the upper apart just enough to fit the stainless pin of the Cleaning Tool into the same place the take down pin would go on the upper. You then put the lower part of the tool into the lower and slide the take down pin through it. This keeps the upper in a fixed position so you can pull the BCG and clean the barrel. It's a great little tool I would have never bought myself but I'm glad I've got it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
chopper duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 12:02 PM   #232 (permalink)
Facta Non Verba

Send a message via MSN to Deuce

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keebler View Post
The holo is intended for use with a magnifier of some sort since its true parallax free. The red dot isn't but at the ranges its intended for it won't matter. If you not going to use aagnifier the holo is a waste of money IMO. Iron sights are very versatile pd course you have to worry about mask clearence. And I find a red dot draws my eye better
Are you high? Legitimate question. The only part of that I can agree with is the part about irons.

Co-Captain/ Co-Founder
Team-Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCMachinist View Post
$400 per 1000

smoke'em if you got'em.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper duke View Post
I'd wipe, play-on and overshoot.
Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 12:18 PM   #233 (permalink)
.67cal Buwwets!

CCM Fan
Quote:
I disagree with pretty much everything, but that's a whole other discussion.

IMHO, unless there's just a bunch of very specific pieces you're wanting, I'd buy a complete upper. As for tools, unless you're planning on swapping out the barrel nut assembly for a free float foregrip (which I doubt since your said you're going MagPul), I wouldn't worry about tools an "Armors" tool. A delta ring can easily be pulled down enough to swap out hand guards. As for the stock/ Castle Nut, I really like the Tapco Stock Wrench. It was pretty cheap (like $14 shipped or something). As for maintenance, there's no special "tool" that's really needed, but there are some that help. I got a Dewey AR Cleaning Link free when I bought a scope from PA and it's a pretty cool little tool. You pop out the take down pin, pull the upper apart just enough to fit the stainless pin of the Cleaning Tool into the same place the take down pin would go on the upper. You then put the lower part of the tool into the lower and slide the take down pin through it. This keeps the upper in a fixed position so you can pull the BCG and clean the barrel. It's a great little tool I would have never bought myself but I'm glad I've got it.
So is the Delta Ring assembly like a spring loaded collar that locks on the fore end? i am not fimiliar with them, the SR1 and my current AR build is my first experience with one. I am probably not the only one in the same boat.
crazyorigin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 12:22 PM   #234 (permalink)
Photo Guru

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyorigin View Post
So is the Delta Ring assembly like a spring loaded collar that locks on the fore end? i am not fimiliar with them, the SR1 and my current AR build is my first experience with one. I am probably not the only one in the same boat.
That's correct. It's a spring loaded collar that uses a "Weld Spring" to push it up. It's pretty stiff, but it's not impossible, ever for one person. I made a video for my brother when he changed his out. Let me see if I can find it.

Edit: Here ya go. First 2:30 minutes:

Quote:

Last edited by chopper duke; 07-28-2012 at 12:28 PM.
Old 07-28-2012, 01:03 PM   #235 (permalink)
Post Whore

No I'm not high that's basically what they are for. Eotechs without the magnifier is basically the same thing as a red dot. Except its parallax free but like I said that feature is only important If your using a magnifier . So having the holo is expensive and pointless unless you Intend to use the magnifier . And basically unless your willing to shell out 400 bux for an authentic eotech or equivalent it probably wont be true parallax free anyways. You can still get it if you want though
Aka "wagz" on the field
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Keebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 01:15 PM   #236 (permalink)
Post Whore

Unless you count durability and extremely long battery life as qualities over a single pane red dot which is technically referred to as a reflex sight . I don't really count those when referring to paintball applications since neither are all that important and both raise the price point
Aka "wagz" on the field
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Keebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 01:31 PM   #237 (permalink)
Facta Non Verba

Send a message via MSN to Deuce

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Ok, let's get back to topic before this gets derailed further. There is already a thread dedicated to SR1 optics, take it there.

SR1 folks...

Co-Captain/ Co-Founder
Team-Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCMachinist View Post
$400 per 1000

smoke'em if you got'em.
Quote:
I'd wipe, play-on and overshoot.
Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 01:42 PM   #238 (permalink)
Photo Guru

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
If you're referring to Paintball ONLY, than you can use a cheap $15 "red dot" from Wally World and get the same effects. A true EOTech offers much more than just a being a "red dot". With a 65 MOA circle and 1 MOA dot, you've got a 1/4" dot with a 15.25" circle at 25 yards. When clearing a house, quick acquisition and knowing all you need to do it place the circle on the target is invaluable. Also, having a NV option is a major plus in my book! But I wouldn't put an EOTech on a Paintball gun.

Quote:
Old 07-28-2012, 02:03 PM   #239 (permalink)
firsttime 4 pb 2/4/2014

Exclamation Update:

Ok, now that my ban is lifted( and for you guys reporting me.yes it does have a battery ........ in the scope)
I have modified my SR-1 and will be sending Bill a pm on what I have done to it and will only be reporting any modifcations to Bill and Bill ONLY!
so don't ask what was done, out the box the sr-1 is impressive.
In order to serve you better in the production of the SR-1 for the masses.
I hope my findings and work is passed on to YOU and Only hope Bill has the same results that I alone am experiencing an enjoying.
and I must say I'm very very happy with the results I have gotten so far but need to actually play some games with it. and will be shooting it in the A.M. At Picasso lake
I started in 86 and making pb stuff for well over 17 years.
Some of you have seen my work most have not. I am just one guy who has and under standing of air smithing beyond a paid for class.
Again I hope my mods make it to your reliable SR-1 for enjoyable and exciting play.
The $aint out......

Ps. Bill look for my PM Monday
I learned everything I need to know about how to fix and run a successful paintball venture from the Internet.
The $aint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 05:44 PM   #240 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by splattttttt View Post
how many of you agree with this comparison...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8KTK9xuHfc&feature
Take note that eotech holographic sight reticules do not actually look like that. Poor job on Infinity Wards part for not doing their research. Thats what they look like when u look at it through a video camera (or what you would find on youtube). But in real life, the reticule is much bigger and clearer cross target-ish reticule.
-=ArchAngel=- is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCM