mcarterbrown.com

CCM Chipley Machine

Old 08-11-2012, 01:53 PM   #441 (permalink)
www.Axial-Photography.com

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Wife went to the PO and picked mine up for me so I had a surprise waiting when I woke up. Took me a little while to get it together, but that was due to no fault on the SR-1's part, but rather the Knights Armament Quad Rail being a major beotch. I finally got it on and it's crooked. I was so tired of fighting it, I left it for now. Everything else to went together super smooth.

Took it outside and shot a few rounds. I put the .684 sizer in and secured it so it wouldn't come out. Used some old paint that was crap when it was new. It wouldn't break on a log 20 yards away. At 25 yards, the ball was still lifting and at about 50 yards, it was back down about level with the barrel. I was able to lob shots to 100 yards and beyond, but don't know what kind of breaking potential a decent ball would have had.

I'll try to get pics today, but can't promise anything. I'm way behind on a bunch of things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gainman View Post
id let her do things to my backside
chopper duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 02:03 PM   #442 (permalink)
Facta Non Verba

Send a message via MSN to Deuce

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper duke View Post
Wife went to the PO and picked mine up for me so I had a surprise waiting when I woke up. Took me a little while to get it together, but that was due to no fault on the SR-1's part, but rather the Knights Armament Quad Rail being a major beotch. I finally got it on and it's crooked. I was so tired of fighting it, I left it for now. Everything else to went together super smooth.

Took it outside and shot a few rounds. I put the .684 sizer in and secured it so it wouldn't come out. Used some old paint that was crap when it was new. It wouldn't break on a log 20 yards away. At 25 yards, the ball was still lifting and at about 50 yards, it was back down about level with the barrel. I was able to lob shots to 100 yards and beyond, but don't know what kind of breaking potential a decent ball would have had.

I'll try to get pics today, but can't promise anything. I'm way behind on a bunch of things.
Z is awesome. Take her out for dinner as a thank you. As you know Josh we spent 12 hours driving last night. Got home around the tim BOB was rising and got a couple winks.

I got up this morning and locked the .684 in place to shoot some paint. I was using some really stale paint from the last Grand Finale and getting good breaks but I'm in the 'burbs with the new place so I'll have to wait for any real testing until I get some FS in and can get to my grandparents 12 acres.

Co-Captain/ Co-Founder
Team-Awesome

Quote:
I'd wipe, play-on and overshoot.
Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 02:28 PM   #443 (permalink)

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Here's my backyard and the distances (Picture was taken Oct last year. That dirt area is the neighbor around the corner's back yard. It's all sod now. Trees are 100ish yards. I can lob a ball into the top area of the trees:

Quote:
Old 08-11-2012, 02:38 PM   #444 (permalink)
Waiting on GoD.

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
You live in Metro ATL with 100 yards of backyard at your disposal?!?!
Old 08-11-2012, 02:39 PM   #445 (permalink)

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by D3adpool View Post
You live in Metro ATL with 100 yards of backyard at your disposal?!?!
I'm moving next month and will have a lot more than that.

Hoping to set up a real steel range in the corner of the new "yard".

Quote:
Old 08-11-2012, 02:51 PM   #446 (permalink)
Waiting on GoD.

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
lol wow.....If you said you lived in Athens GA or Lithonia I could say ok maybe... but Metro ATL, Im scratching my head as to where that could be (I went to college in Atlanta).

I really do envy you guys who have backyards / freedom to test and shoot paintballs from your porch. I really need to get out of NYC. Its so overrated.
Old 08-11-2012, 02:52 PM   #447 (permalink)
pk5
Stardust Memory

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
RTP Fan
I know everyone mount AR parts on this gun, but have anyone given the though into making this into a PTRD or something similar? For those that are anime fan, think Darker than Black
pk5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 02:59 PM   #448 (permalink)
Waiting on GoD.

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Might be more expensive to execute those ideas off. Someone will eventually do it but seeing as this is the first batch, folks would need to get the marker in their hands, figure out the measurements and then either start the project or commission someone to do it for them.

But I would love to see something along those line as well as more ppl get their hands on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pk5 View Post
I know everyone mount AR parts on this gun, but have anyone given the though into making this into a PTRD or something similar? For those that are anime fan, think Darker than Black
Something like this would be awesome (sans maybe the side grip)

Yeah you can get some of the parts (now) to pull this off but other parts like the muzzle break (might be able to sub a BMG on it but it wouldnt look exactly the same), parts of the body and that stock would have to be custom made. Anime sniper rifles are some of the most complicated (but cool looking) guns to pull that theme/look off exactly....

Last edited by D3adpool; 08-11-2012 at 03:10 PM.
D3adpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 03:21 PM   #449 (permalink)
Facta Non Verba

Send a message via MSN to Deuce

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Anyone able to find a place to get a rail with the right spacing? Everything I'm finding has 2.8" spacing. I'm running on fumes so I'm sure I'm doing it wrong.

Co-Captain/ Co-Founder
Team-Awesome

Quote:
I'd wipe, play-on and overshoot.
Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 03:24 PM   #450 (permalink)
Fortune and Glory

Send a message via AIM to Crimson Death

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
Anyone able to find a place to get a rail with the right spacing? Everything I'm finding has 2.8" spacing. I'm running on fumes so I'm sure I'm doing it wrong.
I'll link what I got. Let me go find it.

edit:

Found it:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ls_o05_s00_i00

They are angled rails (not flat).
Crimson Death is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCM