mcarterbrown.com

CCM Chipley Machine

Old 08-13-2012, 09:53 PM   #501 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via AIM to BigOldSkool

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Is there room on the body for an axial high torque and RPM electric motor? I think if I spin the barrel fast enough I can counter act the force of gravity and clear any barrel breaks without use of a swab.

RIP - Ed "BigDaddy" Roth and "Indian" Larry
Wild Geese - Coney Isand White Fish - ECA
BOS's Feedback!
What Serial Number Is Your Cocker? WTB
ECAP - "Making players dreams other players nightmares"
COUSINS PAINTBALL
BigOldSkool is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 10:03 PM   #502 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
I don't care what it is or what it cost.

Let's see what it does on paper at 100yards.
“Do not yearn too much for a sword made by a famous smith. This is because even if you give a good man a sword worth ten thousand coppers, he will not be able to beat a hundred men each holding a spear worth a hundred coppers.” - Asakura Takakage Toshikage, 1462-1482

Ecc. 9-10
Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with your might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, where you go.

DOOR GUNNER handgun mounts for gunsafes.

http://www.machineshopdpm.com/
CCMachinist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 11:33 PM   #503 (permalink)
DSA
One in the Pipe!

Send a message via Skype™ to DSA

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadawg View Post
I know the barrel he is talking about, and I believe what it cost him, he has had that barrel for quite some time now.
I've also seen you guys troll him like a pack of 12 year olds. I don't get it.
I also don't blame him for not sharing **** with you guys, pics, knowledge etc. You're being a pack of dicks. I know, being one myself.
I think the guys are just havin some fun passing the time

My Feedback Redux Knowledge Base My Email Line SI Knowledge Base
Quote:
Originally Posted by russc View Post

All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to shoot nothing.
DSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 12:04 AM   #504 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan

uh,what was the topic?
“Do not yearn too much for a sword made by a famous smith. This is because even if you give a good man a sword worth ten thousand coppers, he will not be able to beat a hundred men each holding a spear worth a hundred coppers.” - Asakura Takakage Toshikage, 1462-1482

Ecc. 9-10
Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with your might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, where you go.

Old 08-14-2012, 12:32 AM   #505 (permalink)
Paintball Ballistician :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
What Lapco barrel are you talking about? I have a .686 Lapco FS barrel for my 8.1 and it shoots regular paint just fine.
While I cannot be sure, I think he's referring to the LAPCO Rifled Barrel. It's a .683 with rifling. LAPCO specifically recommends not using it for regular paint for two reasons:
1. The likelihood of paintballs getting cut/damaged by the rifling (It's conventional firearm style vice polygonal like modern firearms but, in my opinion, if you were shooting .67ish balls, you'd be safe)
2. Rifling doesn't benefit regular paintballs.
Originally Posted by Tom Kaye -in response to FS price critics
Unfortunately all of you have played the one "speedball" game of paintball for so long you can't conceive of other ways to do this and hence any new ideas seem stupid.
uv_halo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 12:37 AM   #506 (permalink)
Paintball Ballistician :P

Quote:
I remember someone doing something like that with first strikes once upon a time (Carter?) But can't remember where I saw the video.
Longest indoor video I ever recall seeing was the video shot and posted by Tiberius Arms (100yrds):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjPxA4fjK-U
Originally Posted by Tom Kaye -in response to FS price critics
Unfortunately all of you have played the one "speedball" game of paintball for so long you can't conceive of other ways to do this and hence any new ideas seem stupid.
uv_halo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 12:41 AM   #507 (permalink)
Facta Non Verba

Send a message via MSN to Deuce

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by uv_halo View Post
While I cannot be sure, I think he's referring to the LAPCO Rifled Barrel. It's a .683 with rifling. LAPCO specifically recommends not using it for regular paint for two reasons:
1. The likelihood of paintballs getting cut/damaged by the rifling (It's conventional firearm style vice polygonal like modern firearms but, in my opinion, if you were shooting .67ish balls, you'd be safe)
2. Rifling doesn't benefit regular paintballs.
That's what I figured but you know what they say about assuming. My Lapco FS barrel is of the non rifled variety.

Quote:
Originally Posted by uv_halo View Post
Longest indoor video I ever recall seeing was the video shot and posted by Tiberius Arms (100yrds):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjPxA4fjK-U
Yep, that's the one I remember.

Co-Captain/ Co-Founder
Team-Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper duke View Post
I'd wipe, play-on and overshoot.
Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 12:45 AM   #508 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
Quote:
I think we all got caught up in that infamous fairy dust you guys lube everything with when it leaves the factory.

Question, does anyone have access to a ridiculously long indoors (read: warehouse) space for some serious controlled environment testing?

I remember someone doing something like that with first strikes once upon a time (Carter?) But can't remember where I saw the video.

Bill, have you been doing most of your testing with co2 or hpa?
I have done most of my shooting with 12 gram and paint just to make sure the gun works. The set up has been very reliable and really consistant for 12grams. The FS is much better than the paint within about 7fps

But if you want really close consistancy, hpa remote has been the best.
each time we tried it over the chrono its been within 3fps. Trinity can chime in here. We did this on saturday.

I think that was tiberius shootin in the warehouse.

Tiberius Arms - First Strike - YouTube

Ecc. 9-10

Old 08-14-2012, 03:29 AM   #509 (permalink)
Fortune and Glory

Send a message via AIM to Crimson Death

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Yea Deuce I was talking about the barrel UV posted.
Crimson Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 10:00 AM   #510 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

Quote:
I think we all got caught up in that infamous fairy dust you guys lube everything with when it leaves the factory.

Question, does anyone have access to a ridiculously long indoors (read: warehouse) space for some serious controlled environment testing?

Bill, have you been doing most of your testing with co2 or hpa?
I have a whole factory to myself this weekend assuming X077 comes in the mail soon enough.... Don't know how good my little point-and-shoot digi cam is going to do with video but I can try, provided the hillbilly contractors don't eff up the job so royally that I have to spend my time dealing with them and not playing with my guns for double-time...
FEEDBACK
PistolRogue is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCM