mcarterbrown.com  

CCM Chipley Machine

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-14-2012, 10:12 AM   #511 (permalink)
Shop Smart,Shop S-Mart
 
doc Zox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006

The bullet-shaped, plastic rounds are fired from our gas powered launchers at upwards of 450 feet per second and have an effective range of 100 yards. These MMS/MEMS controlled devices act as accelerometers and sense when the round is fired and when it makes contact with its target. It then activates the payload in a millisecond before the round can penetrate the body. The payload doesn't activate unless the smart round has experienced sufficient acceleration, centrifugal force and deceleration, which can only occur by firing from one of our approved launchers.

DMAG Launchers Projectiles


A number of other smart payloads are near completion, this includes:

1. Smart pepper-powder filled round
2. Smart FN303 metal powder type round
3. Smart flash-bang round
4. Smart compressed gas-filled round
5. Several other innovative smart rounds

SmartRounds- Non-Lethal & Less-Lethal Smart Bullets

I could see the SR-1 being a very stabile, predictable launch platform for less lethal rounds


Will SmartRounds be available for private citizens? The answer is possibly. Product liability and other legal issues need to be resolved before we can make these smart weapons available to the general public.
http://www.smartrounds.com/id11.html


maybe they will have first strike clones, but i wonder about the IP...

Last edited by doc Zox; 08-14-2012 at 10:17 AM.
doc Zox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 10:21 AM   #512 (permalink)
Idiot Fanboy.
 
shadawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: S. NJ

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc Zox View Post
The bullet-shaped, plastic rounds are fired from our gas powered launchers at upwards of 450 feet per second and have an effective range of 100 yards. These MMS/MEMS controlled devices act as accelerometers and sense when the round is fired and when it makes contact with its target. It then activates the payload in a millisecond before the round can penetrate the body. The payload doesn't activate unless the smart round has experienced sufficient acceleration, centrifugal force and deceleration, which can only occur by firing from one of our approved launchers.

DMAG Launchers Projectiles


A number of other smart payloads are near completion, this includes:

1. Smart pepper-powder filled round
2. Smart FN303 metal powder type round
3. Smart flash-bang round
4. Smart compressed gas-filled round
5. Several other innovative smart rounds

SmartRounds- Non-Lethal & Less-Lethal Smart Bullets

I could see the SR-1 being a very stabile, predictable launch platform for less lethal rounds


Will SmartRounds be available for private citizens? The answer is possibly. Product liability and other legal issues need to be resolved before we can make these smart weapons available to the general public.
Micro-Controlled Smart Bullets


maybe they will have first strike clones, but i wonder about the IP...
Talk about snake oil salesmen.
That is the K1 paintball gun that was on here that RAP4 bought rights to distribute. Plus different color first strikes. There is no sensor in that package. They just bought pepperball too. Gullible ill-informed agency purchasers are going to be lulled into buying **** like this at triple the cost of our tax dollars.
__________________


"The future is already here - it's just not very evenly distributed."
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_chemist View Post
"If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bull****" is my motto
shadawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 10:26 AM   #513 (permalink)
Shop Smart,Shop S-Mart
 
doc Zox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyoctlSqOfk


doc Zox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 12:03 PM   #514 (permalink)
MCB Member
 
Broch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Ottawa, IL

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Kilt Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCMachinist View Post
We can do that.

Do you want on the list?
Yes, please. I would love to be!
__________________
I finally decided to start a thread for my Feedback: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html

Rocking it for the Fringe Division!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Fring...616810?fref=ts
Broch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 12:28 PM   #515 (permalink)
Idiot Fanboy.
 
shadawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: S. NJ

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by dundadun View Post
What about the changes to the Sr-1 and reg that you did? I'm still curious about that riser you are using. What angle is it at?
He is sharing that stuff directly with Bill only.
I know he stated that here before.
__________________


"The future is already here - it's just not very evenly distributed."
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_chemist View Post
"If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bull****" is my motto
shadawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 01:59 PM   #516 (permalink)
DSA
One in the Pipe!
 
DSA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Lubbock TX
Send a message via Skype™ to DSA

Wink

Bill, just a bit of feedback on the SR1 top rail design.

1) 1inch hole spacing for a rail adaptor is a bit of a PIA when trying to locate after market rails. The fix could be going with the average hole spacing if there is one or supply a rail and call it a day. I prefer the latter for ano matching purposes. I would even pay extra for an after market adpt to match.

2) Change the top rail from flat to an angle maybe 3-5 degrees with the high point at the rear ( minimal is better both for aesthetics and zero. This in effect would give the SR1 a "built in arc" when zeroing the rifle thus giving the "illusion" of a true long ball rifle out of the box. The user could then add any number of rail adjusters for zeroing in on the mark.


More to come....
__________________


My Feedback Redux Knowledge Base My Email Line SI Knowledge Base
Quote:
Originally Posted by russc View Post

All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to shoot nothing.
DSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 02:20 PM   #517 (permalink)
BEES BEES BEES
 
Harbinger[TG]'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Earth
Send a message via MSN to Harbinger[TG]

Fan of EMR
Dear children,
Shut it and grow up. I am fairly sick of seeing pages of bickering, trolling, instigating, BS. I warn all of you now, I will ban each and every single one of you for at least a week if you cannot act civilly and respect each other. And I can safely say that will happen before I close this thread or spend hours cleaning it.

And yes, I basically deleted the last 20-30 posts.
__________________
TRAILGUNNERS SCENARIO | RULES and FAQs

Last edited by Harbinger[TG]; 08-14-2012 at 02:32 PM.
Harbinger[TG] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 02:25 PM   #518 (permalink)
Idiot Fanboy.
 
shadawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: S. NJ

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSA View Post
Bill, just a bit of feedback on the SR1 top rail design.

1) 1inch hole spacing for a rail adaptor is a bit of a PIA when trying to locate after market rails. The fix could be going with the average hole spacing if there is one or supply a rail and call it a day. I prefer the latter for ano matching purposes. I would even pay extra for an after market adpt to match.

2) Change the top rail from flat to an angle maybe 3-5 degrees with the high point at the rear ( minimal is better both for aesthetics and zero. This in effect would give the SR1 a "built in arc" when zeroing the rifle thus giving the "illusion" of a true long ball rifle out of the box. The user could then add any number of rail adjusters for zeroing in on the mark.


More to come....
I believe Bill has rail coming, it was sideburnered to allow getting the guns out the door.
__________________


"The future is already here - it's just not very evenly distributed."
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_chemist View Post
"If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bull****" is my motto
shadawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 02:49 PM   #519 (permalink)
MCB Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007

CCM Fan
These are the ones I got.

it will be awhile before we can get into making them.

UTG Deluxe M4/M15 Picatinny Rails, 2-Pack - UTG - Weaver Bases/ Rails
__________________
“Do not yearn too much for a sword made by a famous smith. This is because even if you give a good man a sword worth ten thousand coppers, he will not be able to beat a hundred men each holding a spear worth a hundred coppers.” - Asakura Takakage Toshikage, 1462-1482

Ecc. 9-10
Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with your might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, where you go.

DOOR GUNNER handgun mounts for gunsafes.

http://www.machineshopdpm.com/
CCMachinist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 02:53 PM   #520 (permalink)
Idiot Fanboy.
 
shadawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: S. NJ

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Bill those look exactly like the ones we have on our SR1's. Are yours completely level or are they angled to one end?
__________________


"The future is already here - it's just not very evenly distributed."
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_chemist View Post
"If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bull****" is my motto
shadawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCM

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO
© MCB Network LLC