mcarterbrown.com  

CCM Chipley Machine

Old 08-23-2012, 04:03 PM   #601 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCMachinist View Post
I don't care what it is or what it cost.

Let's see what it does on paper at 100yards.
Which is exactly why I believe you’ll have no trouble selling every one of those SR1s. Too few companies look at it in this light, my hat is off to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
The new small-bore barrel required a major increase in the reg pressure to force a first strike down the barrel. Using 12 grams, I began to see some wild swings in the velocity of the T9.1 In my experience, swings in velocity clearly impact vertical accuracy and I was seeing the results of those swings on the field in the form of misses that should have been hits. Misses that were dead-center accurate but impacting higher or lower than they should have been for the range I was shooting. I started checking the gun against the chrono more carefully. I found that 10-15 FPS swings were pretty common using 12 grams with the small bore barrel. In large part, that was probably because the Tiberius regulator was probably outside of its optimum pressure level, but the 12 grams were also a contributing factor.
Guys like uv_halo on this forum and Chicago on the Tiberius forum were doing some parallel testing that seemed to verify my own work. The remedy to the swings was to double reg using an HPA tank. Using a 3000 CI Ninja reg set at about 400 PSI, my swings in velocity dropped to 5-7 FPS (so about a 50% improvement). It got even better when I dumped the small bore barrel and went to the .688 rifled Hammerhead barrel.
Similarly, I have shot both HPA and 12 grams through two different SR1s. I have nothing that I would characterize as definitive test, however, I have put about a dozen rounds over the chrono with both prototypes using both HPA and 12 grams. I believe that there is a definite consistency difference between using 12 grams and HPA with a second reg.

The SR1, shooting first strikes, using HPA has velocity swings of only about 2-3 FPS. In fact, two weeks ago when I first started using HPA I thought my chrono was broken because for the first three shots with the SR1 using HPA, the FPS was exactly the same. Then it varied by 1 or 2 FPS with one swing of 3 FPS.
The ultimate question for anyone using either Tiberius rifles or the SR1 is whether the difference in vertical accuracy is important enough to you to go through the bother of using a remote line with HPA. Remember though, that the ballistic chart I mentioned above was measuring the differences at just 25 yards.
As always Trinity, you hit the nail on the head. This is one question I was going to ask of those using the Lapco Tiberius Rifled barrel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keebler View Post
I think that for most people if your hand loading one round at a time you should be willing to sacrifice everything for optimum accuracy
I currently run first strike breach fed in a Trracer on unregulated C02 and I regularly get +-5 FPS. I’m sure it’s the fact that I’m not double tapping.
Rover Lead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 04:17 PM   #602 (permalink)
Post Whore

That's what I'm doing as well. But with dual reged hpa. You and I will be in contact more once I.get my ducks in a row
Aka "wagz" on the field
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Keebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 07:21 PM   #603 (permalink)
Idiot Fanboy.

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by PistolRogue View Post
Ok guys, ready to order some furniture here, just wanted to be clear that all I need for an A2 style fixed stock is an A2 buffer tube, right? No other fancy/hidden hardware I'm unaware of? I have zero firsthand experience with the AR15 platform. Same goes for handguards, if it's free-floating and comes with the mounting nut/bushing I don't need anything else, right?
You may have issues accessing the velocity adjustor with a2 style stock.
the free floating fore end should have everything needed for easier install.

"The future is already here - it's just not very evenly distributed."
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_chemist View Post
"If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bull****" is my motto
shadawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 08:04 PM   #604 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadawg View Post
You may have issues accessing the velocity adjustor with a2 style stock.
the free floating fore end should have everything needed for easier install.
You know, I hadn't thought of that... But eff it, I've got a mill, I can figure something out lol.... If anything I'll figure out some alternate way to lock it in place (thumbscrew, mayhaps?) and still be able to turn the stock out of the way to set the IVG. I just really am not a fan of collapsible stocks looks-wise on these things. They're screaming for a fixed sniper/match-grade rifle stock.
FEEDBACK
PistolRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 10:59 AM   #605 (permalink)
Photo Guru

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
It's a sad day for me. Things have been getting tough the last few months, pretty much since the kiddo was born. Wife decided to not go back to work and them we moved so I could go to school. Anyway, without writing out the laundry list of things going on, funds are very tight and the government owes me money both for my week of annual tour and from the VA. Since trying to get an actual live person on the phone is just this side of impossible and my urgency isn't really their urgency, I'm afraid I must list the SR-1 for sale. None of the real steel stuff I have listed here, and mostly elsewhere, is really moving. Just trade offers. I understand it's tight everywhere.

Anyway, just wanted to put that out there before I listed and everyone started talking about me under their breath.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
chopper duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 11:21 AM   #606 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via AIM to BigOldSkool

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Any one else having issues with cheapy 12 grams?

I have to crank the 12 gram know down something fierce.

RIP - Ed "BigDaddy" Roth and "Indian" Larry
Wild Geese - Coney Isand White Fish - ECA
BOS's Feedback!
What Serial Number Is Your Cocker? WTB
ECAP - "Making players dreams other players nightmares"
COUSINS PAINTBALL
BigOldSkool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 11:23 AM   #607 (permalink)
Photo Guru

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOldSkool View Post

Deuce mentioned he was having issues with JT 12ies. I've only used Lelands and have had great success.

Quote:
Old 08-25-2012, 11:47 AM   #608 (permalink)
Post Whore

Aww chopper man that sucks hopefully things start looking up
Aka "wagz" on the field
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Keebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 12:01 PM   #609 (permalink)
Photo Guru

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keebler View Post
Aww chopper man that sucks hopefully things start looking up
Thanks man. Things are supposed to start getting better, but when is anyone's guess.

Quote:
Old 08-25-2012, 01:32 PM   #610 (permalink)
Facta Non Verba

Send a message via MSN to Deuce

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOldSkool View Post

Yep, JTs are an issue. I was dumping most of a 12g trying to get a seal. Bill confirmed they had issues with them as well. Tried some Crosmans and those seal perfectly without a hiss. I'm about to order some Lelands from Titus as well so I can report back on those soon.

With the JTs I was having to use an allen for extra leverage and still losing air. Adding some dow to the inside of the cap helped a little.

Co-Captain/ Co-Founder
Team-Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCMachinist View Post
$400 per 1000

smoke'em if you got'em.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper duke View Post
I'd wipe, play-on and overshoot.
Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCM