mcarterbrown.com  

CCM Chipley Machine

Old 08-21-2012, 08:44 AM   #91 (permalink)
Photo Guru

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
I've got to hold off on the FSR 2 until VA money comes on. Whenever that might be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
chopper duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 09:35 AM   #92 (permalink)
DSA
One in the Pipe!

Send a message via Skype™ to DSA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
Very, very nice DSA. I especially like the zombie killer buffer tube. Great photo work too.

Thank you, I can honestly say its the most fun I have had building in years. I still have a few surprises up my sleeve to keep it unique. I actually got to play with it this weekend and had a blast. The only problem is getting a legit sight for sniping. Once the FSR arrives I will need to make a decision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
I figured it can serve as a pocket for field maps, role information, etc. Or just to hold my Clif bars.
Why not a real mag with real brass, just for looks think of the reaction in the staging area

My Feedback Redux Knowledge Base My Email Line SI Knowledge Base
Quote:
Originally Posted by russc View Post

All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to shoot nothing.

Last edited by DSA; 08-21-2012 at 09:40 AM.
DSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 01:29 PM   #93 (permalink)
Facta Non Verba

Send a message via MSN to Deuce

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper duke View Post
I've got to hold off on the FSR 2 until VA money comes on. Whenever that might be.
Good luck bro, you know my situation. It took them 3 years to correct my pay for my wife and two kids instead of paying me as single with no dependents.

They also conveniently lost my payment for August, luckily for me I got that other payment since it'll be 4-6 weeks for them to fix their error and reissue the payment. They don't care that you have bills due. That's the #1 reason I'm not in school, I simply can't afford to pay out of pocket when they screw up school/book payments.

Sorry for the VA rant, I've got a lot of disdain for that organization.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSA View Post
Why not a real mag with real brass, just for looks think of the reaction in the staging area
Hmmm. I could deprime and remove the powder from a few rounds. Not sure about how some fields would look at that. I've seen fields react unfavorably even to KPs (ask Josh) "Why did you bring that here? We don't allow those here" (thinking its real steel lol)

Wife told me a Fedex package showed up for me, should be my rails and stuff but I'm laid up in bed with stones again. Not quite ready to be active, hopefully I can pass 'em soon and tool around with the SR1.

Co-Captain/ Co-Founder
Team-Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCMachinist View Post
$400 per 1000

smoke'em if you got'em.
Quote:
I'd wipe, play-on and overshoot.
Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 02:43 PM   #94 (permalink)
Facta Non Verba

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Well the rail I picked up doesn't fit. Neither does the FSB I snagged. The FSB I can massage a little to make it work but I'm kinda pissed about the rail. Not only does it not line up but there is a radius on the bottom that wasn't there in the pics so I won't even bother to drill holes to make it work.

Deuce is a sad panda right now.

I guess this will also serve as a PSA. The CP branded medium picatinney rail is a no-go.

Co-Captain/ Co-Founder
Team-Awesome

Quote:
$400 per 1000

smoke'em if you got'em.
Quote:
Old 08-21-2012, 03:34 PM   #95 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
It's disapointing that you guys are having trouble finding rails to fit this gun.

I bought some off e-bay that had a a lot of holes in them and that is what we used.

It is really hard to find a definitive hole pattern for picatinny rails.

The only issue with us making them is that everybody would want something different and we would end up milling custom rails. I don't have an issue with that but it would be expensive.

We could do a flat rail and call it good.

If we do another run of bodies we will just mill the rail on the body.
“Do not yearn too much for a sword made by a famous smith. This is because even if you give a good man a sword worth ten thousand coppers, he will not be able to beat a hundred men each holding a spear worth a hundred coppers.” - Asakura Takakage Toshikage, 1462-1482

Ecc. 9-10
Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with your might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, where you go.

NEW STORE http://store.chipleymachine.com/

DOOR GUNNER handgun mounts for gunsafes.

http://www.machineshopdpm.com/
CCMachinist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 03:59 PM   #96 (permalink)
Facta Non Verba

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
No worries Bill, I'm not digging on the SR1. The gun is fantastic. If I seem upset its because I'm posting while trying to tough out another bout of kidney stones. That and I'm slightly upset at receiving something different than what was pictured when I ordered this rail. After doing more research on the particular rail (i'd thought I did enough before the order) it's made for handguards, hence the radius.

I'm sure it would work if I drilled it, but it would be aesthetically unappealing to me with the radius. That and I don't have a press to do it accurately, just a weak 12v cordless. I'm also on a fixed budget since my income comes from the VA, so I can't keep buying rails that might work at almost $20 each.

I suppose some of the frustration is from going against my gut and buying a CP product anyways.

I do love my SR1. I also picked up a Rap4 1" FSB (aesthetics again) and its too snug. I realized I was having to try too hard and it looked like I was marring the ano on the barrel. Keep in mind guys, I have the dust finish. I suppose the rough finish may be contributing to the fitment issue but get this...

I pull off the FSB and notice the ano is coming off the ID of that part, it also looks like I removed ano from the barrel. I rub the barrel with a soft cloth and its all good. They dust hard ano was actually removing the ano and aluminum from the Rap FSB! How's that for durable?

I could probably sand it just by twisting it in place, but I'm protecting my baby. I'll hit the FSB and get it to fit with some personal hands on attention after I pass these stones. I'm thinking I'm going to swap the carbine length guards for rifle length too.

Co-Captain/ Co-Founder
Team-Awesome

Quote:
$400 per 1000

smoke'em if you got'em.
Quote:
Old 08-21-2012, 04:29 PM   #97 (permalink)
Idiot Fanboy.

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Bill if you just did a run of flat low profile rails for the SR1 that is tapped for your mounting pattern and a hole cut for the lock down screw I would be eternally happy. I can't find any rail that is flat that is going to fit this gun. The one I have is angled and it is only 5" long.

"The future is already here - it's just not very evenly distributed."
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_chemist View Post
"If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bull****" is my motto
shadawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 04:32 PM   #98 (permalink)
Facta Non Verba

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadawg View Post
Bill if you just did a run of flat low profile rails for the SR1 that is tapped for your mounting pattern and a hole cut for the lock down screw I would be eternally happy. I can't find any rail that is flat that is going to fit this gun. The one I have is angled and it is only 5" long.
Yep, the CP rail I settled on hoping to leave clearance for a thumbscrew up front but it ended up being completely unsuitable. I can only use one hole and that causes me to block the lockdown screw.

I just found this one that could work (likely would still need drilled), but I can't afford to guinea pig it right now.

http://m.opticsplanet.com/egw-marlin...310-0-moa.html

Co-Captain/ Co-Founder
Team-Awesome

Quote:
$400 per 1000

smoke'em if you got'em.
Quote:
Old 08-21-2012, 06:51 PM   #99 (permalink)
Shop Smart,Shop S-Mart

JCS Paintball Products

14 dollars
doc Zox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 07:05 PM   #100 (permalink)
Facta Non Verba

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc Zox View Post
Yeah without seeing the bottom I'm not going to gamble again, even if its only $14.

Good news is I found a rail that works. Of all places, it was at WM. I had to run out for a couple things to make the day more bearable and stumbled across it in the new AR section.

Its the Blackhawk Sportster handguard rail, measures 5 7/8 inches and more importantly, it's easy to get two holes to line up. Bottom is flat, but looks to have about a 10MOA slant which isn't really a negative for the application. Still shorter than i'd like but it'll work for now. I'll still have access to the lockdown screw and there's room if I wanted to put in a thumbscrew.

Best part, there are two rails in the package. So if you order the complete rifle from Bill you can bolt a rail directly to the handguard for a bipod or vertical grip as well. Price was just under $24.

Once I'm feeling a little better I'm going to work on that FSB. I was able to strip most of the ano earlier with scotch pads but its not an easy task while dealing with the friggin' kidney stones.

Co-Captain/ Co-Founder
Team-Awesome

Quote:
$400 per 1000

smoke'em if you got'em.
Quote:

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCM