mcarterbrown.com  

CCM Chipley Machine

Old 08-28-2012, 11:00 PM   #151 (permalink)
Waiting on GoD.

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
So what can we do to get them more accepted at the fields?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOldSkool View Post
Im friends with the owners of the franchise.... then again I am a home team.
Old 08-28-2012, 11:07 PM   #152 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via AIM to BigOldSkool

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Convince them to make a cousins branded first strike they can sell you for $2.00 a shot?

It is a field paint issue no a first strike issue.

RIP - Ed "BigDaddy" Roth and "Indian" Larry
Wild Geese - Coney Isand White Fish - ECA
BOS's Feedback!
What Serial Number Is Your Cocker? WTB
ECAP - "Making players dreams other players nightmares"
COUSINS PAINTBALL
BigOldSkool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 12:09 PM   #153 (permalink)
Paintball Ballistician :P

I've spent a fair amount of time ttrying to get fields to accept them, and documenting those that do.

Here's what I've found. Recently, most fields have /heard/ of them. Most fields aren't worried about their biodegradability or higher impact velocities (especially after I've shot the staff from a distance of 20ft). The only rejections I've received stemmed from FPO policies.

For example, Pev's Paintball will not allow them because they are not sold in their field color (orange) and their ref's are trained to allow only orange colored paint (since I last asked they may have changed their field color as they've recently changed paint suppliers). They could certainly go in on an order with a non-competing field to get orange paint but, they've not seen enough interest to warrant stocking them.

In my own humble opinion, I think the smart option for an FPO field operator would be to allow them as BYO, monitor their usage, and if there are enough people using them, stock a field-only color and switch to FPO (without marking them up too much due to their reduced handling requirements and indefinite shelf life).

I maintain a list of fields that allow First Strikes over on TechPB (only because they're not Tiberius Arms, and they have an FS sub-forum). I'd gladly replicate it over here if I thought there would be a good place for it to not get lost in the sauce. If you know of other fields that allow them, and their specifics (BYO-FS, BYO-FS with Fee, FPO-FS), I'd greatly appreciate it if you could pass the info to me and I'll add it to the list.
Originally Posted by Tom Kaye -in response to FS price critics
Unfortunately all of you have played the one "speedball" game of paintball for so long you can't conceive of other ways to do this and hence any new ideas seem stupid.
uv_halo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 12:13 PM   #154 (permalink)
Shop Smart,Shop S-Mart

i would wonder if you payed the owner 10 bucks to use FS rounds, if the refs would become aware of their usage.
doc Zox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 12:17 PM   #155 (permalink)
Slowly making progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by uv_halo View Post
I've spent a fair amount of time ttrying to get fields to accept them, and documenting those that do.

Here's what I've found. Recently, most fields have /heard/ of them. Most fields aren't worried about their biodegradability or higher impact velocities (especially after I've shot the staff from a distance of 20ft). The only rejections I've received stemmed from FPO policies.

For example, Pev's Paintball will not allow them because they are not sold in their field color (orange) and their ref's are trained to allow only orange colored paint (since I last asked they may have changed their field color as they've recently changed paint suppliers). They could certainly go in on an order with a non-competing field to get orange paint but, they've not seen enough interest to warrant stocking them.

In my own humble opinion, I think the smart option for an FPO field operator would be to allow them as BYO, monitor their usage, and if there are enough people using them, stock a field-only color and switch to FPO (without marking them up too much due to their reduced handling requirements and indefinite shelf life).

I maintain a list of fields that allow First Strikes over on TechPB (only because they're not Tiberius Arms, and they have an FS sub-forum). I'd gladly replicate it over here if I thought there would be a good place for it to not get lost in the sauce. If you know of other fields that allow them, and their specifics (BYO-FS, BYO-FS with Fee, FPO-FS), I'd greatly appreciate it if you could pass the info to me and I'll add it to the list.
Desert Fox Paintball. Tucson, AZ. FPO, but have granted FS exemptions as BYO.

>>> Link to prototype Dust Devil<<<

DT1 Dust Devil want list. Click me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by neftaly View Post
New advertising tagline: "Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever."
Feedback
desertT1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 12:27 PM   #156 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

Scope and muzzle brake came in today!! Brake is going to need a little "massaging" for a proper fit as CP's internal shoulder is shallower than the thread protector CCM provides. Probably just going to make a ring out of the extra delrin I have laying around to fill the gap. Scope is just slapped on there, I need to move the APR2 forward for proper eye relief but all my allen wrenches are in the car.

FEEDBACK
PistolRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 12:33 PM   #157 (permalink)
Waiting on GoD.

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Hot! Are you putting / making a front cap for the CF shroud?
Old 08-30-2012, 12:42 PM   #158 (permalink)
Shop Smart,Shop S-Mart

heres a concern,

In an AR, the freefloat barrel nut is torqued up against the receiver face on the threads machined on the upper at 30-50 foot pounds.

on the Sr-1 the handguard mount threads are on the receiver breech extension that is threaded into the receiver

i can see the weight of an attached bipod causing the handguard to turn and possibly cause the receiver extension back out of the receiver.

I think we need to have an SPR rail that unitizes the handguards and the receiver.

doc Zox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 12:50 PM   #159 (permalink)
Post Whore

Now that's sexy
Aka "wagz" on the field
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Keebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 12:53 PM   #160 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

I torqued the base for my handguard onto the breech extension with a strap wrench while it was installed into the gun. I can still remove the handguard with the strap wrench without the breech extension coming out, if that makes you feel any better. I think the fact that the handguard nut somewhat sandwiches against the body above and below the extension is probably what keeps it from turning it/backing it out.

Also, depends on how heavy of a bipod you use. I selected the "featherweight" all nylon one for a reason!

Quote:
Hot! Are you putting / making a front cap for the CF shroud?
Nope, staying as-is.
FEEDBACK
PistolRogue is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCM