mcarterbrown.com

CCM Chipley Machine

Old 08-18-2012, 03:49 PM   #1 (permalink)
www.Axial-Photography.com

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Thumbs up Thank You CCM and Bill.

I wanted to give a Big Thanks to CCM and Bill and I wanted to do it right, rather than shove in the last page of a seldom seen thread.

Over the past 12 to 18 months (possibly longer), I have been involved in, at least in some part, three (3) NEW Stock Class Design builds/ sales. Of these three, only one had a working prototype BEFORE taking money. Only one Company has shown SUPERB customer service. Only one has delivered a product free from a cornucopia of issues.

When I received my SR-1, I was blown away by the quality. Of course, this isn’t the first CCM product I’ve ever had, nor the first one I’ve ordered new, so I shouldn’t have been surprised at the quality, but I was. I KNOW the tolerances on it are tighter than any AR I’ve ever worked on (and that’s quite a few).

What really strikes me is, each and every piece was thought out. No shortcuts, nothing halfway, just quality. I unwrapped all the parts, assembled it with my furniture, which gave me problems, (my furniture, not the gun) and took it outside. I popped in a 12gr, added some paint and it fired. No messing around with it, no making sure it was lubed up with vaseline. It just fired.

A couple days later, when I had more time, I went to chrony the SR-1 in. First three shots were 240, 242 and 240. I adjusted the reg and it dropped to 200. Went the other way, still 200. WHAT??? I fiddle-faddled around with it and was able to get it back above 200, but barely. I tried another 12ie (Lelands) and the same thing. With my head hung low, I traipsed back inside. After I stopped sulking, I shot Bill a PM. Within minutes, he responded with the CORRECT way to adjust velocity. Yes, I am an idiot. He wasn’t condescending or rude. He was helpful and courteous. A couple days later, I took his words and applied them to the rifle and sure enough (like there was any doubt) it was shooting great! She’s now nicely tuned around 290! Also, when he saw that I had a “Tactical Tie Wrap” keeping the front of the handguard secured, he sent me a front cap. Yeah, Bill’s a Class Act all the way!

He's asked for players feedback, listened to people's ideas and worked towards a better product. There is no telling how many hours of his personal time he poured into this project so people like me can sit back on the field and rack up elimination after elimination. Okay, maybe not people like but actual GOOD paintball players. You can tell that he never settled for "good enough", it had to be "right"!

Over the many, many years I’ve played the sport, there have been many reasons for me to quit, but people like Bill and companies CCM keeps giving me reasons to stay. So, I wanted to take this time, and this thread, to publicly give my thanks, so thank you CCM and thank you Bill!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gainman View Post
id let her do things to my backside
chopper duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 04:00 PM   #2 (permalink)
Buzz Killington

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper duke View Post
rack up elimination after elimination. Okay, maybe not people like but actual GOOD paintball players.
good luck finding me on the field I am a sneaky bastard. Ask John! lol

#SOSUNITEDSTATESCONSTITUTION
Scharfschutze91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 05:23 PM   #3 (permalink)
WALZ Jr.

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
I am really excited for the SR1. It's such a unique aspect way to play a well developed spot; Bill definitely hit it in the right spot with this.

Also, how are you liking the lefty CD? Are you shooting it right handed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukie View Post
I told him NOT to fart with an upset stomache. never trust a fart!
Bigtuana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 05:26 PM   #4 (permalink)
www.Axial-Photography.com

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scharfschutze91 View Post
Oh, I'll find you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtuana View Post
I am really excited for the SR1. It's such a unique aspect way to play a well developed spot; Bill definitely hit it in the right spot with this.

Also, how are you liking the lefty CD? Are you shooting it right handed?
I like it! I shoot left handed so it works great for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gainman View Post
id let her do things to my backside
chopper duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 05:44 PM   #5 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
Quote:
I wanted to give a Big Thanks to CCM and Bill and I wanted to do it right, rather than shove in the last page of a seldom seen thread.

Over the past 12 to 18 months (possibly longer), I have been involved in, at least in some part, three (3) NEW Stock Class Design builds/ sales. Of these three, only one had a working prototype BEFORE taking money. Only one Company has shown SUPERB customer service. Only one has delivered a product free from a cornucopia of issues.

When I received my SR-1, I was blown away by the quality. Of course, this isn’t the first CCM product I’ve ever had, nor the first one I’ve ordered new, so I shouldn’t have been surprised at the quality, but I was. I KNOW the tolerances on it are tighter than any AR I’ve ever worked on (and that’s quite a few).

What really strikes me is, each and every piece was thought out. No shortcuts, nothing halfway, just quality. I unwrapped all the parts, assembled it with my furniture, which gave me problems, (my furniture, not the gun) and took it outside. I popped in a 12gr, added some paint and it fired. No messing around with it, no making sure it was lubed up with vaseline. It just fired.

A couple days later, when I had more time, I went to chrony the SR-1 in. First three shots were 240, 242 and 240. I adjusted the reg and it dropped to 200. Went the other way, still 200. WHAT??? I fiddle-faddled around with it and was able to get it back above 200, but barely. I tried another 12ie (Lelands) and the same thing. With my head hung low, I traipsed back inside. After I stopped sulking, I shot Bill a PM. Within minutes, he responded with the CORRECT way to adjust velocity. Yes, I am an idiot. He wasn’t condescending or rude. He was helpful and courteous. A couple days later, I took his words and applied them to the rifle and sure enough (like there was any doubt) it was shooting great! She’s now nicely tuned around 290! Also, when he saw that I had a “Tactical Tie Wrap” keeping the front of the handguard secured, he sent me a front cap. Yeah, Bill’s a Class Act all the way!

He's asked for players feedback, listened to people's ideas and worked towards a better product. There is no telling how many hours of his personal time he poured into this project so people like me can sit back on the field and rack up elimination after elimination. Okay, maybe not people like but actual GOOD paintball players. You can tell that he never settled for "good enough", it had to be "right"!

Over the many, many years I’ve played the sport, there have been many reasons for me to quit, but people like Bill and companies CCM keeps giving me reasons to stay. So, I wanted to take this time, and this thread, to publicly give my thanks, so thank you CCM and thank you Bill!

Thanks CD for your faith in CCM people and products.

Getting this rifle into the hands of those that have believed in the product from the begining was not a single handed act of or by myself.

Chris who had sole descretion of design as long as AR furniture fit and Rods help in getting it on track with the right springs and vast knowledge of tuning these valves plus his mastery of the laser engraver and anybody in the shop who wanted to shoot it and lined up at the backdoor to try there hand at boltaction shooting.

This by far has been one of the most fun projects I have done to date.

I am so thankful for you guys who followed this project for 3 frickin slow painful years waiting for a post to say they are ready to ship.

Well that day has come and to hear the stories from the front lines inspires us to do something even better.

And for those of you that feel a single shot boltaction rifle is a fighting gun thank you. The implication of a single shooter competing in a high rate of fire world is pretty inspiring.

The smile on AJ's face at CC gave me everything I needed in knowing that it was a worth while project.

Thank all of you from all of us here at CCM.
“Do not yearn too much for a sword made by a famous smith. This is because even if you give a good man a sword worth ten thousand coppers, he will not be able to beat a hundred men each holding a spear worth a hundred coppers.” - Asakura Takakage Toshikage, 1462-1482

Ecc. 9-10
Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with your might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, where you go.

DOOR GUNNER handgun mounts for gunsafes.

http://www.machineshopdpm.com/
CCMachinist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 08:27 PM   #6 (permalink)
.67cal Buwwets!

CCM Fan
I agree, CCM is a big reason i still play, they are an inspiring company. I have shot nothing but CCM's forcthe last fee years, and rarely used anything else before that. Nothing else feels right.
crazyorigin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 10:22 PM   #7 (permalink)

Your markers, parts and service are top notch. My T2 is still my 'go to' workhorse.

But, uh, when do we get to see a production model and price for this new secret weapon?
kospauste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 10:34 PM   #8 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by kospauste View Post
Your markers, parts and service are top notch. My T2 is still my 'go to' workhorse.

But, uh, when do we get to see a production model and price for this new secret weapon?

The production model will have probably minor changes that may not be seen.

By the time we build the next 20 or so it will be pretty much dialed in.

We will still label the next 20 prototypes.
“Do not yearn too much for a sword made by a famous smith. This is because even if you give a good man a sword worth ten thousand coppers, he will not be able to beat a hundred men each holding a spear worth a hundred coppers.” - Asakura Takakage Toshikage, 1462-1482

Ecc. 9-10
Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with your might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, where you go.

DOOR GUNNER handgun mounts for gunsafes.

http://www.machineshopdpm.com/
CCMachinist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 11:18 PM   #9 (permalink)
Facta Non Verba

Send a message via MSN to Deuce

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:

I couldn't have said it better. While I was smart enough to not drop coin on those other two SC guns that was only due to getting burned on the SNAFU commonly known as the 2K9(11) PTP Micromag.

CCM is the standard by which I judge all other paintball companies. Even some of the best often come up wanting when compared to CCM. Truly a top notch company with great CS, and end user comments and criticism is always listened to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scharfschutze91 View Post
Bah, you sounded like an elephant running up but I had some serious tunnel vision going on. Still a great move though, jerk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCMachinist View Post
Thanks CD for your faith in CCM people and products.

Getting this rifle into the hands of those that have believed in the product from the begining was not a single handed act of or by myself.

Chris who had sole descretion of design as long as AR furniture fit and Rods help in getting it on track with the right springs and vast knowledge of tuning these valves plus his mastery of the laser engraver and anybody in the shop who wanted to shoot it and lined up at the backdoor to try there hand at boltaction shooting.

This by far has been one of the most fun projects I have done to date.

I am so thankful for you guys who followed this project for 3 frickin slow painful years waiting for a post to say they are ready to ship.

Well that day has come and to hear the stories from the front lines inspires us to do something even better.

And for those of you that feel a single shot boltaction rifle is a fighting gun thank you. The implication of a single shooter competing in a high rate of fire world is pretty inspiring.

The smile on AJ's face at CC gave me everything I needed in knowing that it was a worth while project.

Thank all of you from all of us here at CCM.
The wait was indeed long but was in no way boring. There's something to be said for you seeing it through to the end. We all understand when things have to come first to pay the bills. The constant updates (with teaser pics) showing the direction of the project, testing, changes in the overall design, etc.

I know I'm not the only one who's been drooling from the initial post 3 years ago. Heck, I'm still excited for the possibility of someday seeing that M98B clone making production. The vast amount of info and two way communication from the beginning made me feel like part of the project and I'm sure I'm not the only one to feel that way.

The fit, finish, and function of this gun is insane. One of my biggest things I would drill into my guys in the Army was always, always practice attention to detail. CCM has that down to a science. I'll stop now or I'll go on for 7 pages with more praise for the crew at CCM/DPM.

I friggin' love you guys.

Co-Captain/ Co-Founder
Team-Awesome

Quote:
I'd wipe, play-on and overshoot.
Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 02:46 AM   #10 (permalink)
Buzz Killington

Quote:
Oh, I'll find you.

still doesn't guarantee you will hit me!

#SOSUNITEDSTATESCONSTITUTION
Scharfschutze91 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCM