mcarterbrown.com  

CCM Chipley Machine

Old 08-19-2012, 12:26 PM   #1 (permalink)
Autotriggerhappy. :)

CCM Fan
Dissasembly of a SS-25 bolt?

I'm stripping down a SS-25 to get it ready for anodising. All the other parts are allready done, but it seems the pin that joins the delrin front and the aluminum back does not want to budge... Any idea's? I've tried pressing it out under the drill press, tried tapping with a drill bit, no movement at all.

I could just drill it out, but over here in the metric part of the world it will be hard to find a matching pin.. Masking is an option i really don't want to use, since the mask has to be removed by paint thinner, and i think that will not go well with the delrin.
Yes! I love being in battle! I love the moment when my marker stops being a machine and becomes part of me! My blood boils and my mind goes all white! It's an incredible high! There's no time to think, only action!

FiXeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 12:42 PM   #2 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
It should be just a spring (split) pin.

We have a fixture that has a matching radius of the bolt.

Then we press them in with a small bench top press.

We drive them out with a pin punch about the same diameter as the pin.

If you use a smaller diameter pin that goes in the hole of the pin you will spread it open and it won't come out.
“Do not yearn too much for a sword made by a famous smith. This is because even if you give a good man a sword worth ten thousand coppers, he will not be able to beat a hundred men each holding a spear worth a hundred coppers.” - Asakura Takakage Toshikage, 1462-1482

Ecc. 9-10
Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with your might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, where you go.

NEW STORE http://store.chipleymachine.com/

DOOR GUNNER handgun mounts for gunsafes.

http://www.machineshopdpm.com/
CCMachinist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 02:17 PM   #3 (permalink)

CCM Fan
It's indeed a spring pin, didn't know how it was named in english... This seems something i will have to do at work to do right, thanks for the speedy reply!
Yes! I love being in battle! I love the moment when my marker stops being a machine and becomes part of me! My blood boils and my mind goes all white! It's an incredible high! There's no time to think, only action!

Old 08-19-2012, 04:57 PM   #4 (permalink)
Red

CCM Fan
Here is what I did once - right diameter pin (I actually turned down some steel a little on a lathe) and then made some wooden jaw covers for my bench vise - I drilled a small hole in one wooden jaw cover and used the other normal metal jaw cover - lined everything up and then simply closed the vice slowly. The pin was placed in the wooden jaw cover (magnet took it out) and everything was fine.

I don't have a press - so I had to do it the hard way. A press would make this super easy with the right sized pin.

TF

TF's MCB Trust.
Talfuchre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 11:04 AM   #5 (permalink)

CCM Fan
The pin's out! At work i found a small block of steel that had a hole drilled trough it just a tad bigger than the bolt. Then i drilled a 3mm hole trough the block, and drilled one hole a bit bigger to make sure the pin had enough clearance, and with a few taps with the rear of the same 3mm bit it came out perfectly! 1/8" = 3,175mm, so that was close enough. Why that didnt work with my own drill bit is now pretty obvious... That one has a chamfer on it so it wants to press the pin outwards.

Old 08-21-2012, 09:03 AM   #6 (permalink)
Red

CCM Fan
Good deal Fixel. I can't wait to see the marker. Props to my wooden shoe wearing breatheren.

TF

TF's MCB Trust.
Talfuchre is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCM