mcarterbrown.com  

CCM Chipley Machine

Old 09-25-2012, 09:36 PM   #1 (permalink)
Sidewinder Hoarder

Running Stock Class T2 on Unregged CO2

Anyone have any experience running a T2 on unregged co2 12g from stock class play? I'd be interested to hear from anyone who's used a CART reg 12g changer as well as PPS's HP valve. Are there any other HP valve options out there?

I've heard of folks using a volume reducer in the valve's air reservoir but not what specific valve they were using.

Thanks for any help!
toymachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 10:21 PM   #2 (permalink)
.67cal Buwwets!

CCM Fan
The T2 is quite efficient on reg'd 12g's with the stock reg. It would be possible to do a vertical 12g changer but you would need to re spring it and i would highly recommend a different valve like the Palmers HP like you mentioned. Original WGP valves will also work quite well on un reg'd co2 also. I used the Palmers LT valve on a couple un reg'd co2 builds with good results. I would recommend sticking with a reg to keep the stroke light but it would be cool to see a true SC T2.
crazyorigin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 11:09 PM   #3 (permalink)
Sidewinder Hoarder

Yea, the force required to pump the gun isn't a big deal because I won't be able to autotrigger with the sc setup anyways and on top of that I'm used to a heavy pump stroke. Of course a/t in open class CA setup is f'ing awesome, way higher rof than most people realize a pump is capable of. Thanks!
Old 09-26-2012, 07:49 AM   #4 (permalink)
Red - Black

CCM Fan
CO is right. I had a buddy who ran a S6P on 12 grams (through a Micro CA) and got over 30 shots per 12ie. I know the T2 is more efficient than the S6p. If it were me - I would run it on stock reg and see what you find.

TF

TF's MCB Trust.
Talfuchre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 10:25 AM   #5 (permalink)
Freelance Aphorist

CCM Fan
Interestingly, I did this last night while messing around (well...cleaning my gear after this weekend...long week) and got 22 shots off of a Crossman 12 gram with my T2. I have an old gas-through T-stock that screws into the ASA, and by some creative use of some old brass 90* fittings, and a vertical ASA from an old Automag, I can mount the bucket changer right below the stock. Yes, it looks pretty ghetto, but seems to work... Anyway, all this to say, there is quite a bit of dead space between the 12ie and the reg. I wonder what kind of effect such dead space has on this setup.

I have been playing around with an old sniper to try and get a decent stock class setup. The best I seem to be able to do is get about 20 usable shots of one 12 gram, which I guess isn't horrible. But my understanding is that a well-tuned Phantom gets in the 40-range... So, different valves, a hammer and springs courtesy of the magic of the Internet are en route, and I''ll have more options to play with and see what I can do. I suppose I should have just bought a PPS CART reg, but that seems like the easy way out.

Anyone else want to weigh in?
Old 09-26-2012, 01:14 PM   #6 (permalink)
Sidewinder Hoarder

40 shots is really the upper range of a well tuned/upgraded phantom, anything over that and it's something verging on extraordinary, although not impossible. I am fairly confident with the right springs and valve (and possibly devolumizer) 30+ shots will be not unusual with my T2. I mean, bare bones stock, unregged and no upgrades, my Bronze Sterling can get 30 shots pretty regularly at good velocity - if she can do it so can a cocker!
Old 09-26-2012, 03:20 PM   #7 (permalink)
Total wreath

CCM Fan
Tracker has Caleb's old palmers inline reg or what ever.
Either one of those 2 may have some in sight
shredxcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 03:57 PM   #8 (permalink)
Wookie D*ck

Quote:
Originally Posted by toymachine View Post
40 shots is really the upper range of a well tuned/upgraded phantom, anything over that and it's something verging on extraordinary, although not impossible. I am fairly confident with the right springs and valve (and possibly devolumizer) 30+ shots will be not unusual with my T2. I mean, bare bones stock, unregged and no upgrades, my Bronze Sterling can get 30 shots pretty regularly at good velocity - if she can do it so can a cocker!
regged snipers have much more potential for efficiency compare to Phantoms, in my experience.
russc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 04:01 PM   #9 (permalink)
.67cal Buwwets!

CCM Fan
My old Duckslide Phantom with a dropout changer and freak bored 6 or 8" barrel would get 40-42 good shots on a 12g around 270. I have a "sniper" (more of a bolt action pistol) that currently gets 30-33 shots but at speeds of 295-315 so i need to de tune it a bit. Switching springs killed my efficiency so i am going to modify my IVG a bit to bring the speeds down some. I have heard some people claim some insane numbers with a T2 but i personally have never tried it with one. I dont see why it couldnt get around 30 with some minor tuning, which is about ideal.
crazyorigin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 04:07 PM   #10 (permalink)
Wookie D*ck

In my opinion, regged Snipers have much more potential for 12 gram tuning than Phantoms.
russc is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCM