mcarterbrown.com  

CCM Chipley Machine

Old 11-07-2012, 06:13 PM   #11 (permalink)
DSA
One in the Pipe!

Send a message via Skype™ to DSA

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadawg View Post

As far as consistency, I am not noting any variation more than +/- 2 and I am getting 30 shots per 12 gram out of mine using lelands. 30 full shots and then nothing. The reg keeps the shots full till the last one.
I don't see a need for HPA unless you can't source 12grams where you are located.

You hit a home run with this statement Shadawg. I was pleasantly surprised at the efficientcy of the SR-1. Bang, Bang.....then nothing. The regulator is that good, it was shocking! There was no drop down or degassing of the unit. The last shot has a different sound, more of a pop then completely out of gas. It's remarkable to say the least, especially for a sniper set up.

One word of advice, cock the weapon prior to 12gm swap or you will bleed the 12gm.it took me a few try's before I figured that out.

My Feedback Redux Knowledge Base My Email Line SI Knowledge Base
Quote:
Originally Posted by russc View Post

All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to shoot nothing.
DSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 06:16 PM   #12 (permalink)
Big guy in a wig

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSA View Post
One word of advice, cock the weapon prior to 12gm swap or you will bleed the 12gm.it took me a few try's before I figured that out.

Been there....Done that. Ordered extras from Titus to get me through the year.

Feedback
The Flounder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 10:56 PM   #13 (permalink)
Idiot Fanboy.

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Dare I say it but nobody has more 12grams thru an SR1 than I except maybe for Bill.
The first day I put close to 45 thru mine and at least 30 thru Crimson Death's

"The future is already here - it's just not very evenly distributed."
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_chemist View Post
"If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bull****" is my motto

Last edited by shadawg; 11-07-2012 at 11:00 PM.
shadawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 05:45 PM   #14 (permalink)
firsttime 4 pb 2/4/2014

Although I love the accuracy of HPA.I too have yet to see the need for it.
With the mods I have done I couldn't ask for anything better than the co2 set up.
I learned everything I need to know about how to fix and run a successful paintball venture from the Internet.
The $aint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 05:59 PM   #15 (permalink)
Banned

HPA is no more accurate than well-configured use of CO2... I've scored +/- 1 FPS with both, repeatable. You can definitely get top notch consistency from 12 grams with the right setup, no problem... this setup is a very good one for high consistency with 12 grams (though it should be capable of more shots per cartridge, maybe some tuning?)
ApoC_101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 07:20 PM   #16 (permalink)

Let me add another side to this discussion. I won't get into exactly how many 12 grams I have used, but suffice it to say that I have been shooting only first strikes for the past three years. lnitially, I shot those rounds through a Tiberius T8, T9, T9.1, and, now, through two different SR1s. Up till about a year ago, I ran the Tiberius guns exclusively with 12 grams. I don't care about efficiency. I only care about accuracy and velocity swings impact accuracy.

Initially, I went away from HPA with an Electro because I hated, really hated, using a remote line and filling HPA bottles. Accuracy was the reason I jumped to first strike years ago, but doing away with HPA tanks, air lines, and hoppers was a huge bonus. I sold all that stuff when I bought into the first strike gear.

About a year ago I started conversing with some other serious shooters who were getting +/- 2-3 FPS on their T9.1s using HPA. No matter who hard I tried, I could not duplicate that (or even come close using 12 grams). My swings were in the +/- 5-10 FPS range. Reluctantly, I purchased the 13/3000 CI HPA tank and tested that. My consistency immediately improved to +/- 3-5 FPS.

When I first got an SR1 Protype, I tested the gun using both HPA and 12 grams. While the SR1 was slightly better than the T9.1 with either propellant, the differences between 12 grams and HPA were still apparent to me. I probably shoot over a hundred rounds over the chrono just testing the gun's velocity with 12 grams and HPA using different velocities as starting points.

A couple of things were apparent to me during the testing. When I first put in a 12 gram, the velocity usually spiked a bit. Not much, maybe 6-8 FPS higher than usual. Also, before the gun ran completely out of air, the velocity began to drop just a bit. Not a lot, and probably not noticeable to the eye of the shooter, but the chrono saw it.

When I bought my own SR1 I ran the same tests on it hoping for a different result. I reached the same outcome. With HPA in my SR1, I am seeing +/- 2 -3 fps difference. With 12 grams, I see a +/- 5-8 FPS variance.

Your own mileage may vary and, for some players, those kinds of small swings may, in the end, not mean enough to make much difference to them. In fact, for most players that kind of variance isn't worth buying and lugging around a small HPA tank and remote line. Let's face it, the SR1, no matter how you shoot it, is a very consistent gun. Unfortunately, for me, a +/- 5-8 FPS velocity variance means I will be carrying that Ninja tank and using a remote line.

Just another line of thought.
Trinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 11:55 PM   #17 (permalink)
DSA
One in the Pipe!

I too have a Ninja 13/3000 and I will be doing some testing hopefully this weekend if the dust settles down here in Texas. I really can't see running a remote line on the SR-1 so I was considering acquiring a 203 grenade launcher and slipping the 13/3000 inside the grenade tube, purely for aesthetics mind you.

Quote:

Old 01-29-2013, 11:48 PM   #18 (permalink)
DSA
One in the Pipe!

For the full scoop visit The Tango Down Sniper Blog. It also appears as if Trinity has stumbled upon some new to me forums where our style of play will be welcomed.

Quote:

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCM