mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   CCM (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/ccm/)
-   -   S6 setting up fail... (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/ccm/217228-s6-setting-up-fail.html)

idkfa 10-28-2012 09:28 PM

S6 setting up fail...

I have been having issues with my S6 since last year. I haven't been able to play much, but every time I hit the field I was getting inconsistent, low shots, with burping. I tore apart the gun, cleaned everything, lubed what should be lubed, and set my regulator to 325 psi with my reg tester. No luck. I ended up shelving it and using my Ghost or Phantom. And then today I figured out the problem...

...it was the reg tester. :bang:

The Ashcroft gauge was busted and reading 100-150 psi lower that the actual pressure. Once I stopped using it and sweet-spotted it at the chrono, I got consistent 285 fps. I love my Chipley again.

JOESPUD27 10-28-2012 09:39 PM

That's why I don't use a reg tester. (Never needed one, not that they cause problems) Worked for years.

Jay

shredxcam 10-29-2012 09:14 AM

If you never take your gun apart you never have to worry about these things

And sweetotting is possible without a tester

idkfa 10-29-2012 11:20 AM

I bought it used, so it was never working 100%.

And I know, but I was following TFs advice.

Talfuchre 10-30-2012 08:02 AM

Let me say this on the topic.

1) Jay is a turd - don't listen to him.

2) I have heard and seen FAR more problems from a person 'sweet spotting' a CCM or trying to feel their way through a set up than using a reg tester.

Gauges do go bad - but this is the FIRST time I have heard of a reg tester CAUSING issues. Indeed - I know a guy who has a guage that is WAY off - he set his reg with one of my guages - then marked (with a sharpie) where his reg should be - and uses that. ;)

I am just glad your CCM is figured out and rocking for you.

TF

idkfa 10-30-2012 11:30 AM

Hahaha, want to send me your gauge? ;)

I am a definite proponent of using a reg tester, I just need to source a gauge that works. Unfortunately, my other Ashcroft doesn't have the gradation to be helpful.

Tracker 10-30-2012 12:57 PM

i picked up a liquid filled ashcroft from ebay recently for like 12 shipped..

ebay is a really good source for cheap guages

idkfa 10-30-2012 01:24 PM

I will head that way, thanks!

shredxcam 10-30-2012 04:08 PM

Grainger has a good 0-500 psi dry gauge. Seems to be accurate for like 5$

JOESPUD27 10-30-2012 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Talfuchre (Post 2519699)
Let me say this on the topic.

1) Jay is a turd - don't listen to him.

I am just glad your CCM is figured out and rocking for you.

TF

As am I. But c'mon, it's Sniper/Autococker based. They were setup and ran for years without a tester. It's like people just freeze up, "Oh lawd, no tester, I'll never pump again" I highly doubt the 7+ CCMs I've owned or the countless other "cocker pumps" I've setup were all flukes because I didn't use a reg tester. :rolleyes:

My paintball setups worked, currently work, and will work in the future. No tester needed....yet? I'll throw in the "yet" just to be open minded.

Jay