mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   CCM (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/ccm/)
-   -   Are the normal CCM S6.5s any good? (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/ccm/218132-normal-ccm-s6-5s-any-good.html)

georgewang919 11-09-2012 01:08 AM

Are the normal CCM S6.5s any good?

Hey guys,

I just ordered a s6.5 and I was wondering if I should upgrade to the deadlywinds carbon fiber barrel or keep the stock one. Also will the techt ifit barrel insert/adapter be able to be used on the stock barrel?

Thanks guys!

BenoitOWN 11-09-2012 01:10 AM

Keep the ccm barrel and get appropriate bore size back from ccm.

idkfa 11-09-2012 01:12 AM

Nah, CCMs suck. Send it to me and I will dispose of it.

Mr.Smith 11-09-2012 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by georgewang919 (Post 2528955)
Hey guys,

I just ordered a s6.5 and I was wondering if I should upgrade to the deadlywinds carbon fiber barrel or keep the stock one. Also will the techt ifit barrel insert/adapter be able to be used on the stock barrel?

Thanks guys!

Just leave it stock, guns dont really need "upgrades" especially somthing like a CCM that comes with a 600$ pricetag. They're plenty good out of the box IMO.

super_stanchy 11-09-2012 01:19 AM

CP barrel for the win!

Freak Inserts are great too!

I loveeee longer control bores Freaks are 5.063, CP 2 piecers are 5.100

:)

crazyorigin 11-09-2012 01:38 AM

I love the stock CCM barrels. If you have an order in now you will be getting the new, longer control bores which was the main thing people did not like about the older ones. I have not tried the new longer bore sizers but i would imagine they are an improvement or it would not be happening. I have great success with the old style short sizers, i find they are gentler on bad paint than the normal 5-6" control bores. Field paint isnt always perfect around here and i used to get a lot of breaks unless i wanted some rollouts here and there, i can run the shorter CCM backs a little more snug and never worry about rollouts and rarely ever have breaks. Many people either do not order the barrel or they just get one back and they end up changing or using something else they already have, i like the full CCM sizer kits match anno'd with a nice new CCM marker package, no need to upgrade anything when they are perfection out of the box.

georgewang919 11-09-2012 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazyorigin (Post 2528985)
I love the stock CCM barrels. If you have an order in now you will be getting the new, longer control bores which was the main thing people did not like about the older ones. I have not tried the new longer bore sizers but i would imagine they are an improvement or it would not be happening. I have great success with the old style short sizers, i find they are gentler on bad paint than the normal 5-6" control bores. Field paint isnt always perfect around here and i used to get a lot of breaks unless i wanted some rollouts here and there, i can run the shorter CCM backs a little more snug and never worry about rollouts and rarely ever have breaks. Many people either do not order the barrel or they just get one back and they end up changing or using something else they already have, i like the full CCM sizer kits match anno'd with a nice new CCM marker package, no need to upgrade anything when they are perfection out of the box.

Am I also able to use the ifit sizers on the normal barrel?

crazyorigin 11-09-2012 01:57 AM

Is the iFit cocker threaded male on one end and female on the other? I had an old Python kit which i think is what the iFit is, if so then yes it will fit but you will still need the CCM sizer so you will want to make sure it is not smaller than the iFit sizer you choose.

georgewang919 11-09-2012 02:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazyorigin (Post 2529002)
Is the iFit cocker threaded male on one end and female on the other? I had an old Python kit which i think is what the iFit is, if so then yes it will fit but you will still need the CCM sizer so you will want to make sure it is not smaller than the iFit sizer you choose.

Thank you very much for this information!

crazyorigin 11-09-2012 02:08 AM

No problem, enjoy your 6.5, i love mine, i have kept it over a couple other very rare and desirable CCM markers. What grip and color combo did you go with? Did you opt for a full kit or just a single sizer?