mcarterbrown.com  

CCM Chipley Machine

Old 11-09-2012, 12:08 AM   #1 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Are the normal CCM S6.5s any good?

Hey guys,

I just ordered a s6.5 and I was wondering if I should upgrade to the deadlywinds carbon fiber barrel or keep the stock one. Also will the techt ifit barrel insert/adapter be able to be used on the stock barrel?

Thanks guys!
georgewang919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 12:10 AM   #2 (permalink)
Paintball Fox

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Keep the ccm barrel and get appropriate bore size back from ccm.
Was sponsored by(2010):
Point Of View Cameras - For your helmet camera needs
BenoitOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 12:12 AM   #3 (permalink)
Stock Class Aficionado

CCM Fan
Nah, CCMs suck. Send it to me and I will dispose of it.
Old 11-09-2012, 12:18 AM   #4 (permalink)
Not Banned Kerry

AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgewang919 View Post
Hey guys,

I just ordered a s6.5 and I was wondering if I should upgrade to the deadlywinds carbon fiber barrel or keep the stock one. Also will the techt ifit barrel insert/adapter be able to be used on the stock barrel?

Thanks guys!
Just leave it stock, guns dont really need "upgrades" especially somthing like a CCM that comes with a 600$ pricetag. They're plenty good out of the box IMO.
Old 11-09-2012, 12:19 AM   #5 (permalink)
The Man With No Plan

CCM Fan
PBN Fan
CP barrel for the win!

Freak Inserts are great too!

I loveeee longer control bores Freaks are 5.063, CP 2 piecers are 5.100

super_stanchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 12:38 AM   #6 (permalink)
.67cal Buwwets!

CCM Fan
I love the stock CCM barrels. If you have an order in now you will be getting the new, longer control bores which was the main thing people did not like about the older ones. I have not tried the new longer bore sizers but i would imagine they are an improvement or it would not be happening. I have great success with the old style short sizers, i find they are gentler on bad paint than the normal 5-6" control bores. Field paint isnt always perfect around here and i used to get a lot of breaks unless i wanted some rollouts here and there, i can run the shorter CCM backs a little more snug and never worry about rollouts and rarely ever have breaks. Many people either do not order the barrel or they just get one back and they end up changing or using something else they already have, i like the full CCM sizer kits match anno'd with a nice new CCM marker package, no need to upgrade anything when they are perfection out of the box.
crazyorigin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 12:48 AM   #7 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyorigin View Post
I love the stock CCM barrels. If you have an order in now you will be getting the new, longer control bores which was the main thing people did not like about the older ones. I have not tried the new longer bore sizers but i would imagine they are an improvement or it would not be happening. I have great success with the old style short sizers, i find they are gentler on bad paint than the normal 5-6" control bores. Field paint isnt always perfect around here and i used to get a lot of breaks unless i wanted some rollouts here and there, i can run the shorter CCM backs a little more snug and never worry about rollouts and rarely ever have breaks. Many people either do not order the barrel or they just get one back and they end up changing or using something else they already have, i like the full CCM sizer kits match anno'd with a nice new CCM marker package, no need to upgrade anything when they are perfection out of the box.
Am I also able to use the ifit sizers on the normal barrel?
Old 11-09-2012, 12:57 AM   #8 (permalink)
.67cal Buwwets!

CCM Fan
Is the iFit cocker threaded male on one end and female on the other? I had an old Python kit which i think is what the iFit is, if so then yes it will fit but you will still need the CCM sizer so you will want to make sure it is not smaller than the iFit sizer you choose.
Old 11-09-2012, 01:00 AM   #9 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyorigin View Post
Is the iFit cocker threaded male on one end and female on the other? I had an old Python kit which i think is what the iFit is, if so then yes it will fit but you will still need the CCM sizer so you will want to make sure it is not smaller than the iFit sizer you choose.
Thank you very much for this information!
Old 11-09-2012, 01:08 AM   #10 (permalink)
.67cal Buwwets!

CCM Fan
No problem, enjoy your 6.5, i love mine, i have kept it over a couple other very rare and desirable CCM markers. What grip and color combo did you go with? Did you opt for a full kit or just a single sizer?

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCM