mcarterbrown.com  

CCM Chipley Machine

Old 11-25-2012, 01:27 PM   #1 (permalink)
Stock Class Rec Baller

Got an S5. What pressure to adjust tank to?

After some time of not-so-much-money, I am again able to play. Picked up a Series 5, and next is a tank. Most likely going with a 4-way adjustable Ninja, 800psi, 700psi, 550psi, or 450psi. Can anyone tell me what would be the best pressure to set to for this particular marker to achieve the best efficiency? Some other variables to list, FPS will be set around 250-270, using a 14" .678 Lurker.

Thank you!
MCB +24/-0
iamthelazerviking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 06:18 PM   #2 (permalink)
Red

CCM Fan
Why go with an adjustable? Buy the 450 or an 800 and forget about it.

TF

TF's MCB Trust.
Talfuchre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 06:22 PM   #3 (permalink)
Stock Class Rec Baller

Adjustable just so I have the option to set where needed. So you would suggest 450 psi?
MCB +24/-0
Old 11-25-2012, 10:53 PM   #4 (permalink)
Rec Poster

I believe ccm markers can operate anything above 350 so anything around there should be fine
georgewang919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:05 AM   #5 (permalink)
Rec Poster

set the reg to 300-350 and dont worry about your tank pressure. i never understood low pressure tanks when you have a regulator on your gun
Old 11-26-2012, 01:07 AM   #6 (permalink)
Stock Class Rec Baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxearing View Post
set the reg to 300-350 and dont worry about your tank pressure. i never understood low pressure tanks when you have a regulator on your gun
True that. And I guess there is no way to know what the reg is set to without a gauge.
MCB +24/-0
Old 11-26-2012, 01:18 AM   #7 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthelazerviking View Post
True that. And I guess there is no way to know what the reg is set to without a gauge.
i made pressure tester for like 15. its a very helpful tool
Old 11-26-2012, 07:30 AM   #8 (permalink)
Red

CCM Fan
With all of that said - there is a theory that regulators need a certain amount of pressure into a marker to work efficiently.

If you regulate a marker down to 350 psi - but only give it 400 PSI input - in rapid fire situations - you could end up starving the marker. However, on a pump - this is not really an issue.

On the other end - if you regulate the marker to 350 psi but you are giving it 1000 psi input - the regulator has to work very hard to regulate - and thus may not have time in rapid fire situations to fully regulate.

This is all in theory - and in practice I have not seen the difference between my 450 PSI output tanks and my 800 psi output tanks.

However, - were I to be using one tank on multiple markers - I would make sure I had the right input for all of them.

TF

TF's MCB Trust.
Talfuchre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:53 PM   #9 (permalink)
Sidewinder Hoarder

Generally one should give one's primary reg (in the case of HPA almost always the tank's reg) output 200-150psi above what you want to set your secondary (inline reg in this case) reg's output.

So if you're going to set your inline reg to an output of 250-350psi you should either set or buy an hpa tank with an output of 400-500psi (minimum). Of course a normal/hp output hpa tank or co2 (room temp pressure for the co2) will work fine, as has been pointed out.

Edit: Woops, didn't see the above post. TBH I also rarely see any difference in whether that rule is low or high pressure. The exceptions to that rule are guns that shoot at high rates of fire and require low large volumes of pressure to operate (i.e. Gen E Matix, certain stock impulse models, shoebox shocker, classic valve level 10 mag with an electropneumatic trigger setup, etc. etc.). In the case of a pump cocker that doesn't run at significantly under 200psi, you probably once experience any problems. But if I were you and were in the market for a new tank or had an adjustible tank, I'd make sure to get/set it with an output of 650ish-850ish psi. That's why I love my ninja regs.

Last edited by toymachine; 11-30-2012 at 08:58 PM.
toymachine is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCM