mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   CCM (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/ccm/)
-   -   Omg another vs thread! (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/ccm/220035-omg-another-vs-thread.html)

Dopamine 12-01-2012 09:06 PM

Omg another vs thread!

I know this has been done many times before but as many other people.. I am In a predicament. Trying to decide to get a s6 vs. s6.5.

Aesthetically I love full block markers not to mention the clear pump handles of the s6, but I like the versatility of the 6.5. I'm used to playing with a stock vsc phantom and would like to have the cram and jam as an option(which as far as I know is only available for the s6.5) I also like the idea of being able to play tighter and am worried about the moving back block as I have shot mostly closed bolt semis. I've been back and forth on the subject and still can't make up my mind. Regardless I know I'm going to be happy.

Pretty much what it all boils down to is looks vs function.. Anyone with some words of wisdom?

super_stanchy 12-01-2012 09:19 PM

the 6 and 6.5 both take the same feednecks and same pump handles

the major differences are....
full block vs halfblock
closed body vs open slot

6.5's get dirtier than 6's because of the open slot
the 6.5 weighs less than a 6, because there is less metal

i love halfblocks, i hate smackin myself in the face with a full block

crazyorigin 12-01-2012 09:30 PM

The S6 has a threaded feedneck if i am not mistaken, so no cram and jam for it but you can do the stick feed in the feedneck method. The moving backblock isnt an issue unless you remove the beavertail. It will keep it from ever hitting your mask.

Both can be equipped with the same pump handles. It all boils down to which one you think looks best and will fit you best. I personally, like the S6.5 the best. Aside from my first CCM, my SS25 i bought with bonds my grandparents gave me growing up, i have kept my S6.5 over the other 7 CCM markers i have owned.

There really is no wrong choice between the 2 IMO.

idkfa 12-01-2012 09:37 PM

In my opinion, the S6 is the best pump ever made. It is fast, reliable, and the most aesthetically pleasing of the CCM lineup.

If you can manage a fullblock gun, buy one.

Flying Dutchman 12-01-2012 09:47 PM

I've shot half block pumps forever, and wanted a CCM. A really good deal came up locally on a S6 with all the bells and wistles. I had never shot a full block before and was concerned about hitting myself in the face, even with the beavertail. I bought the S6, tossed my tank on it, threw my mask on and played. The marker was at a confortable position with the tank on. I have never noticed the back block and havent hit myself in the face. Unless you play realy tight to your marker, full block wont make a difference in play. It really comes down to a personal preferance.

I've also got a matching C+J for my S6. Not sure if they are still available, but its threaded like the standard S6 neck.

Hope this helps your descision

Dopamine 12-01-2012 10:59 PM

I think the weight difference is negligible. But does anyone know if they still make C&J for the new s6's?

I had my mind set on a s6 for a while but for some reason i keep second guessing myself. Thank you all for the replies, they helped a lot.

BLachance75 12-01-2012 11:13 PM

Yes you can get a cram and jam for the S6. There are a few on the CCM eBay store now.

I personally like the S6, I prefer full body markers. I had a T2 and ended up getting rid of it because I always used the S6.

fullofpaint 12-01-2012 11:34 PM

I personally much prefer the S6, and I know a few of my teammates who had T2's ended up selling them and going back to the S6

BassDude 12-02-2012 02:31 PM

I play really tight to my marker, and full blocks just don't work for me. The beavertail is always hitting me in the mask, and if I remove it, then I get smacked in the face with the backblock. For this reason I prefer halfblocks. But that is just me.

One thing good about an S6 is that the lower tube internals are not exposed to dirt, etc through the body slot (as Stanchy said). I am very anal about keeping my markers clean, so that is an advantage over the 6.5 in my opinion. Still, I would always choose the 6.5

swantrevor 12-02-2012 06:08 PM

Make friends with someone who has a S6 and a 6.5 - borrow them, try them in a game.