mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   CCM (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/ccm/)
-   -   J12 Thoughts (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/ccm/224169-j12-thoughts.html)

Deuce 01-21-2013 10:41 PM

J12 Thoughts

So I've been following the project for quite awhile now. I really like what we're seeing from it, I can almost see myself with one but I have a hang up.

The slotted frame/ASA. I'm not a fan of the direct mount or the ergonomics it forces. I've been playing for ages and I like options, drops/cradles, etc.

Basically, what I keep coming back to and asking myself is, will CCM release a compatible drop (I can't remember if this was covered or not)? Maybe a slotted version of the current CCM Drop/Reverse Drop?

Bill? Mel?

n0xid 01-21-2013 11:43 PM

There is 4 holes in there you can mount a normal asa. I tried on a POPS with the regular mount adapter just for a laugh and it goes on, just looks ugly and dropped lower witht he empty t slot. Although a proper sized adapter would be awesome.

Jebus 01-22-2013 12:14 AM

n0xid are you going to the Alberta Civil War? Mind if I take a few shots with it???

Cheers!

Deuce 01-22-2013 04:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by n0xid (Post 2600293)
There is 4 holes in there you can mount a normal asa. I tried on a POPS with the regular mount adapter just for a laugh and it goes on, just looks ugly and dropped lower witht he empty t slot. Although a proper sized adapter would be awesome.

I read about the holes, but that sounds less than appealing to me as a solution. Am I alone in that?

senghing27 01-22-2013 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deuce (Post 2600396)
I read about the holes, but that sounds less than appealing to me as a solution. Am I alone in that?

I'm sure when there a bunch more of J12s in the wild, they might make a run of rail adapters or something.

In all honesty, try it. It might change your mind.

Talfuchre 01-22-2013 12:40 PM

Just mill off the T. ;)

Honestly Deuce - I used drops for the longest time too - but what I found was that the point and aim of a drop did not allow for smooth transition from lefty to righty - AND - if it felt right in my dominant hand - it felt like **** in my non-dominant hand.

A straight rail is popular for a reason - I think it is because you can switch to your off hand easier - and your point and aim is more natural.

So - do you shoot off hand all that much?

This is simply my opinion.

I wonder, too, is CCM going to release a .45 grip for the J12. With that said - I enjoyed the 86 degree - the grip is a little thin for my hands - and with no wrap around options - it is one of my FEW caveats about this marker.

With that said ( ;) ), it isn't a deal breaker. Gun shoots really instinctively for me.

TF

ROAD DOG 33 01-22-2013 03:14 PM

Quick question about the autotrigger-

Does the new 2 stage trigger in the J12 prevent that little push back you feel in the trigger with the T2s and S6s when autotriggering?

CCM CHICK 01-22-2013 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deuce (Post 2600233)
So I've been following the project for quite awhile now. I really like what we're seeing from it, I can almost see myself with one but I have a hang up.

The slotted frame/ASA. I'm not a fan of the direct mount or the ergonomics it forces. I've been playing for ages and I like options, drops/cradles, etc.

Basically, what I keep coming back to and asking myself is, will CCM release a compatible drop (I can't remember if this was covered or not)? Maybe a slotted version of the current CCM Drop/Reverse Drop?

Bill? Mel?

It is something Bill and Rod have talked about, but I havenít gotten any definitive answer on which way that will go.

HokiePB 01-22-2013 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Talfuchre (Post 2600636)
Just mill off the T. ;)

I wonder, too, is CCM going to release a .45 grip for the J12. With that said - I enjoyed the 86 degree - the grip is a little thin for my hands - and with no wrap around options - it is one of my FEW caveats about this marker.

I would definitely buy one if I had the option of a 45 frame.

Talfuchre 01-22-2013 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROAD DOG 33 (Post 2600760)
Quick question about the autotrigger-

Does the new 2 stage trigger in the J12 prevent that little push back you feel in the trigger with the T2s and S6s when autotriggering?

In short. Yes. There is no cam and thus no rocking of the cam. ;)

TF