mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   CCM (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/ccm/)
-   -   What would you like in a CCM repair kit? (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/ccm/225548-what-would-you-like-ccm-repair-kit.html)

Talfuchre 02-06-2013 08:42 AM

What would you like in a CCM repair kit?

I have been thinking for some time what would make a great CCM repair kit - something I could build and ship easily that would take care of any seal problem that you might have on the field or at home.

I have that kit built (on paper) and it would include 30 o-rings that would allow you to service any CCM marker (excluding just a few o-rings on the J12 - and that I will include when the full release of the marker comes out). The price would be around 9 to 10 dollars shipped.

However, how important is including lubrication with this kit?

I have priced Dow 33 and Dow 55 even in LARGE quantities and it is not cheap - it would then have to be repackaged and it would make the shipping cost a little more.

However, I know finding this stuff for just one person means a lot of money and then you often have WAY too much.

So - I have a few questions for you.

1) Do you want lube as a part of the base kit?
2) How much do you think each .5 ounce container of Dow should cost?
3) Do you want lube as an option for your kit (and would you honestly buy it)?
4) Do you want tools as an option (Allen Keys)?

Any answers, please be honest as to what you would buy - not what you think would be cool to offer - would be of great help.

Thanks,

TF

shredxcam 02-06-2013 09:08 AM

A reg tester and reg o rings and a spot of lube?
Ccm s don't really require and maintenance unless you enjoy taking them apart

Mabye a couple grip frame screws and macro filling o rings for the ccm ones

95 % of the broken ccm s I've seen is due to people trying to do maintenance and not just leaving them stock and alone

JLuke 02-06-2013 09:15 AM

I pretty much agree with the person above.

Mabey sell a small oring kit, something like a 5x rebuild tops, package it into the smallest container possible with a small chart on the lid of each size and where it goes. I wouldn't be so worried about the lube is all though, most of us already have our own, if you do decide to package the lube into the kit, try to fit it into the small container that the orings are in so it doesn't just end up being that thing getting squished into the bottom of people's gearbags.

In the end, i'd rather buy a small hard segmented plastic box with an o-ring kit in it before i would buy a plastic bag of o-rings with lube included.

BLachance75 02-06-2013 10:06 AM

I say just do the orings. It is easy to get lube from any store and most people have it already.

Zondo 02-06-2013 10:24 AM

Spyder detents for T2s.

superman 02-06-2013 10:53 AM

orings mainly. like 5x rebuild

most people have lube,allen keys, reg tester is easy to build because most people have a spare asa.

sbrooker 02-06-2013 01:11 PM

O-rings, spyder detents, optional lube.

Talfuchre 02-06-2013 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zondo (Post 2616258)
Spyder detents for T2s.

All of the modern T2's are made with o-ring detents.

This still applies for the S6's, S6-P's and S6.5's though.

TF

Talfuchre 02-06-2013 06:21 PM

Actually - I have been looking at this. Thinking about it - and I think this has already been done - and the market is small enough that it doesn't really make sense to do again.

I looked at the product the o-ring monkey is putting out - and for 30 bucks he sells a full stocked, sorted kit with a chart on the lid, lube, a pick. This would last a player for years.

I am going to check out their product - but it was fun to think about for a while. ;)

TF

Zondo 02-06-2013 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Talfuchre (Post 2616479)
All of the modern T2's are made with o-ring detents.

This still applies for the S6's, S6-P's and S6.5's though.

TF

Mine is a vintage T2 :old: