mcarterbrown.com

CCM Chipley Machine

Old 02-07-2013, 08:09 PM   #1 (permalink)
Fluffy Bunnies for life!!

CCM Fan
J12 help

Well more like trigger help. This is specific to the J12 so if you don't know don't bother. Ok I just got it and was playin around in the garage. After three or four shots the trigger started to slow down (pull and hold no fire). Okay so I started to look it over and I noticed that the trigger frame is missing (??) the set screw under the trigger. So I guess my question is two fold, is there supposed to be one? If not (T.F.) what else could it be?

Yes I already called CCM just they were closed by the time I got home from work.
So if you got any suggestions fire away.

Ebay Feedback
MCB Feedback
Jkoselka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:58 PM   #2 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
Yes there should be 2 set screws. Without one it is possible the frame slide back causing for trigger problem.
nostayhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 10:07 PM   #3 (permalink)
migrant bomb picking....

Quote:
Originally Posted by nostayhome View Post
Yes there should be 2 set screws. Without one it is possible the frame slide back causing for trigger problem.
He's talking about set screws for adjusting the amount of play in the triggers range of Motion, not the frame's mounting hardware.

To the OP, I have no clue
Mr. Hick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 10:16 PM   #4 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hick View Post
He's talking about set screws for adjusting the amount of play in the triggers range of Motion, not the frame's mounting hardware.

To the OP, I have no clue
If that is the case then my J12 has a trigger adjustment screw. The problem I had was when I didn't tighten the frame mounting screws enough. It caused the frame to slide back resulting in the same problem you are experiencing.
Old 02-07-2013, 10:24 PM   #5 (permalink)
migrant bomb picking....

Quote:
If that is the case then my J12 has a trigger adjustment screw. The problem I had was when I didn't tighten the frame mounting screws enough. It caused the frame to slide back resulting in the same problem you are experiencing.
That's good to know! I'll bank that for future reference!
Mr. Hick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 10:29 PM   #6 (permalink)
Blue - Red

CCM Fan
1) There is no 'undertravel adjustment screw' in the frame of the J12. The hole was accidentally drilled because the program that was used to make the J12 frame was never adjusted - the hole will be eliminated after the first 50 prototypes.

2) Ensure, as nostayhome mentioned, that your frame is fully to the front and the 1/8th attachment screws are tightened down.

TF

TF's MCB Trust.
Talfuchre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 10:47 PM   #7 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talfuchre View Post
1) There is no 'undertravel adjustment screw' in the frame of the J12. The hole was accidentally drilled because the program that was used to make the J12 frame was never adjusted - the hole will be eliminated after the first 50 prototypes.

2) Ensure, as nostayhome mentioned, that your frame is fully to the front and the 1/8th attachment screws are tightened down.

TF
TF- you may find this strange but my J12 does have a undertravel screw in it which uses a 3/32 allen key. I don't doubt the information you are giving being that I know you have been talking to Rod.
Old 02-08-2013, 12:37 AM   #8 (permalink)
Rec Poster

CCM Fan
Quote:
TF- you may find this strange but my J12 does have a undertravel screw in it which uses a 3/32 allen key. I don't doubt the information you are giving being that I know you have been talking to Rod.
This thread got me curious so I went into the garage and dug out my J12 to look. The hole is there and it appears to be threaded but there is no grub screw.

I have one of the newer 86 frames ( I assume because it has a T slot in bottom) for my WGP sniper and it has the same hole with a grub screw in it.

Last edited by PropperJ; 02-08-2013 at 12:41 AM.
PropperJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:58 AM   #9 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
PropperJ- when did you receive your J12? I got mine right before Christmas and now I'm wondering if only the very first ones had undertravel screws.
In any case, I'm sure it's not needed.

Last edited by nostayhome; 02-08-2013 at 01:02 AM.
Old 02-08-2013, 07:01 AM   #10 (permalink)
Fluffy Bunnies for life!!

CCM Fan
Due to the function of it, I can see where the J12 doesn't need one. Which is why I was surprised to see the hole and no screw.
The frame is all the way forward and still no fire (consistently at least), it will fire and then start to drop off again. The frame is tight so it didn't move. i will try that out and see what it does. Still planning on talking to Mel and Rod to see what else to do if the problem doesn't go away.

So I tried what you guys suggested, the frame is as far forward as it will go. Tightened the screws down snug, got about 20 shots and then it started the skipping and not firing. Took the frame off (making sure not to lose the pins) put it back on and then got a couple more shots before nothing. The hammer cocks but the trigger won't trip the sear. each time the screws were still snug and the frame hadn't moved. The issue started before I even had taken the frame off the gun, when I pulled it out of the box.

Ebay Feedback
MCB Feedback

Last edited by Jkoselka; 02-08-2013 at 07:46 AM.
Jkoselka is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCM