mcarterbrown.com

CCM Chipley Machine

Old 02-18-2013, 08:28 AM   #1 (permalink)
Rec Poster

CCM Fan
S6.5 has never been consistent

I've had my S6.5 for about 2 years now, and in the looks department you can't get anything better. In the smoothness department too. But in the shot-to-shot consistency department it's sub par. Ever since the first day I played with it outside at a 280fps limit when it was shooting +/- 2 fps it's been at least +/- 10 or more. I've heard the paint argument many times but last time I played my loaner unregulated $50 Spyder was shooting more consistent than my $600 S6.5. Also before I played last time I took it apart and cleaned off the hammer with a microfibre cloth and swabbed out the lower tube because I have heard the debris in the lower tube argument as well.

Every time I play match my paint to my barrel back. Lately I've just been playing indoor with a max of 250fps, and I'm wondering if the marker is sweetspotted for 280+ and as a result it's inconsistent at lower velocities? I've never so much as touched the regulator so it's all factory settings. Anybody have any thoughts? I'm at the point where I'm thinking of just selling it and building a cheap sniper and pocketing a couple of hundred bucks.
yobonedaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 08:47 AM   #2 (permalink)
Sic Itur Ad Astra

Send a message via MSN to Falcon16 Send a message via Skype™ to Falcon16

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Of you watch mike's video on autocockers he shows how a sweet spot can float based on a number of things. Wouldn't surprise me if your marker was sweet spotted for 280 and was all over the place at lower velocities. Try re sweet spotting for 250fps and see if that helps. I'll be receiving my fully ccmd sniper on the mail soon so ill be able to help more once I have it

Feedback +31/-0
Click here to email me
My youtube channel
My downsizing/cleaning house sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApoC_101 View Post
Pump paintball is cheaper than any drug habit I've ever heard of.
Falcon16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 08:53 AM   #3 (permalink)
You know the music...

Yeah these CCM markers are garbage... You better send it to me immediately so I can have it crushed for you.

Do you have a reg tester? What's the reg set at?

I'm sure Mel will chime in here and invite you to call them up for help with the marker... If we can't help you, CCM certainly will.
Old 02-18-2013, 09:22 AM   #4 (permalink)
Newbie++

CCM Fan
I would try a different tank first(Since that is the easiest thing to change). A lot of time people getting high +/-FPS on high end markers are caused by the tank reg being dirty.

REMEMBER! DON'T USE OIL ON YOUR TANK REG!

My MCB Feedback

Last edited by noclue119; 02-18-2013 at 09:25 AM.
noclue119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:49 AM   #5 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by yobonedaddy View Post
I've had my S6.5 for about 2 years now, and in the looks department you can't get anything better. In the smoothness department too. But in the shot-to-shot consistency department it's sub par. Ever since the first day I played with it outside at a 280fps limit when it was shooting +/- 2 fps it's been at least +/- 10 or more. I've heard the paint argument many times but last time I played my loaner unregulated $50 Spyder was shooting more consistent than my $600 S6.5. Also before I played last time I took it apart and cleaned off the hammer with a microfibre cloth and swabbed out the lower tube because I have heard the debris in the lower tube argument as well.

Every time I play match my paint to my barrel back. Lately I've just been playing indoor with a max of 250fps, and I'm wondering if the marker is sweetspotted for 280+ and as a result it's inconsistent at lower velocities? I've never so much as touched the regulator so it's all factory settings. Anybody have any thoughts? I'm at the point where I'm thinking of just selling it and building a cheap sniper and pocketing a couple of hundred bucks.
Feel free to call us direct and we will be more than happy to see what we can do to help. We want your gun up and running properly as it should be.

Mon-Thurs 7am to 3:30pm pst
1-877-412-6850

Mel @ CCM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bored383 View Post
I don't care what anyone uses to play - just don't be a douche to your fellow players. Its the golden rule.
CCM CHICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 11:05 AM   #6 (permalink)
Blue - Red

CCM Fan
I would need to break this down to more specifics to get to the problem.

1) Read my manual and watch the latest S6 videos. Clean and polish everything I tell you to.

2) Set the reg between 300 - 325.

3) Get a good paint to barrel match and report back to me. I will help.

TF

TF's MCB Trust.
Talfuchre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 11:17 AM   #7 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
I bought a used J2L, it shot "ok", not great. Set the reg @ 300 and it was shooting absolute darts. I would start with the reg adjustment.
Old 02-19-2013, 12:46 PM   #8 (permalink)
Doesn't care (/◕ヮ◕)/

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
I also agree with that tank reg idea. I found my 6.5 was super inconsistent suddenly, played with it for a while until i decided to try another tank, shot fine after that.

I don't always play pump, but when I do, I prefer a rotor.....stay agg my friends.
JLuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 02:47 AM   #9 (permalink)
The Janitor

Send a message via Yahoo to Honk

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Clean up that bottom tube, no lube in there. I cleaned one up yesterday, was all over the place @ 350 psi (T2) cleaned the bottom tube, owner was lubing with tri-flo. Absolutely as consistent as the paint would allow.
Originally Posted by Deathwish_DW View Post
Become a gun whore.

Seriously.

It pays very well.
Honk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 12:54 PM   #10 (permalink)
Rec Poster

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talfuchre View Post
I would need to break this down to more specifics to get to the problem.

1) Read my manual and watch the latest S6 videos. Clean and polish everything I tell you to.

2) Set the reg between 300 - 325.

3) Get a good paint to barrel match and report back to me. I will help.

TF
Yup!

Played two weeks ago at my local field, dialed the reg up slightly moved the IVG a little bit and no freakin' word of a like 279, 278, 279. Ref almost pooped his pants (I went from +/- 15 to +/- 1 with some tiny reg adjustments.

Mad love TF!
yobonedaddy is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCM