mcarterbrown.com  

CCM Chipley Machine

Old 02-23-2013, 10:45 AM   #1 (permalink)
Owner of Crazy Cats

CCM Fan
J12 problem.......

I have a J12 that is making me bang my head on the wall at the moment.
I am going to be talking to Rod at CCM about this on Monday just to see what we can do to resolve the issue (he wasn't there on Friday when I got the gun back in my hands )

I am going make a video of this issue to help explain it (it is really odd and has baffled Rod and I)

When you cock the gun, and pull the trigger (with the bolt held back), you can trip the sear.
There is a linkage in between the trigger and sear that should prevent this but will only do so when you are holding the trigger down and pumping the gun.
I have tried my coworker's gun, Total Greif's J12, and the prototypes and they all don't have the quirk mine does.

Here is the list of trouble shooting that I have done at the shop to see what I can do diagnose the problem.

1) Switched frames with another J12 (my coworkers) and tried my frame on his gun (and his on mine). My frame will work normally on his body but his frame on my gun does the quirk where you can trip the sear with the bolt held back.

2) Switched "front blocks" between the guns. Thought that there might be a imperfection with the rod that controls the autotrigger function. When just switching the front blocks didn't work, I using both the frame and front block from the "working" gun

3) Switched the hammers between the guns. Still was doing it. Tried the other guns frame and then tried the other guns front block.

TF, Seudog, Carter, anybody else - is there something that I am missing here?
I have tried switching everything between the guns and my gun still does the exact same thing

The trigger frame (and all it's parts), frontblock and hammer from my gun work fine on my coworker's gun but not on mine and will allow my to pull the trigger while the bolt is held back without tripping the sear.

What it seems like is that the hammer is resting on just the tip of the sear, when you pull the trigger with the bolt held back, it wiggles the sear just enough to release the hammer from it.

Switching my coworker's J12's frame, front block and hammer to my gun, the gun still does the quirk where the sear can be tripped while the bolt is held back. Best way to describe it is it acts like a sniper without an autotrigger.
Could this be an issue specific to my body and the area machined for the sear?

Thanks for any help
Mel - I feel bad having to phone you and Rod about this

Update:

Here is the issue that I was having with the gun.
Autotrigger is held down and as a slowly increase the speed that I autotrigger, the sear starts letting go of the hamnmer prematurely.

here is a video from my phone
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOlQWOdbxUU
Thunder Bay Pump Club
Dementia Paintball
MCB Feedback

Last edited by EgoPossum; 03-08-2013 at 11:58 AM. Reason: random thoughts
EgoPossum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 03:55 PM   #2 (permalink)
Serving Tea for CCM

Send a message via AIM to senghing27

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Burn it with fire!!!!

But seriously, send the marker in and have them check it out. That would be the least amount of headache on your end.
~My Feedback~
senghing27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 04:33 PM   #3 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Kilt Fan
Fear not, Rod WILL get your problem taken care of!

Rocking it for the Fringe Division!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Fring...616810?fref=ts
Broch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 05:21 PM   #4 (permalink)
Merc

Send a message via AIM to JOESPUD27

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by senghing27 View Post
But seriously, send the marker in and have them check it out. That would be the least amount of headache on your end.
Maybe, maybe not. He's in Canada.

Jay

Best Field in STL
JOESPUD27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 01:18 PM   #5 (permalink)
Owner of Crazy Cats

CCM Fan
Update:

I talked to Rod about the quirk that my gun has and it is part of how the J12 works and my coworker's is the odd duck of the group. I sent it off to CCM last month to get it looked at and get Rod to give it the once over.

It acts like a sniper (un-autotriggered) when the trigger is not held down with the bolt held back and the autotrigger works only when the trigger is fully depressed.
He told me to try it out a bit and see how it feels and how I like it.

The way I shoot my T2 is with my riding slightly on top of the trigger. I snap shot it a bit at the shooting range at the shop and sat with it at home for a few hours dry firing the J12 and my T2 switching between them.

From 4 years of using the T2/S6/J2l I have a way of shooting 2-4 quick shots at electro-semi players and I just cannot get the timing down with the J12 where my first shot doesn't fart or sputter occasionally. It seems that I pull the trigger as I pump forwards and the autotrigger a few extra shots. There is nothing wrong with anything in the gun, it is just the end user that is messed up here.

I wanted to thank Rod for all the time that he helped me out trying to get this figured out.
Thunder Bay Pump Club
Dementia Paintball
MCB Feedback
Old 02-26-2013, 01:25 PM   #6 (permalink)
The Man With No Plan

CCM Fan
PBN Fan
mine sounds like its the exact same as yours....

10 uses already... and i've learned to shoot "correctly"
super_stanchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 11:58 AM   #7 (permalink)
Owner of Crazy Cats

CCM Fan
updated....... with a video
gotta talk to Rod
Thunder Bay Pump Club
Dementia Paintball
MCB Feedback

Last edited by EgoPossum; 03-08-2013 at 12:05 PM.
Old 03-08-2013, 02:56 PM   #8 (permalink)
Serving Tea for CCM

Send a message via AIM to senghing27

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by EgoPossum View Post
updated....... with a video
gotta talk to Rod
Blarghhhh
~My Feedback~
senghing27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 03:23 PM   #9 (permalink)
Owner of Crazy Cats

CCM Fan
yea....... its like the sear is not getting back high enough to latch on the hammer when I pump fast
Thunder Bay Pump Club
Dementia Paintball
MCB Feedback
Old 03-08-2013, 05:26 PM   #10 (permalink)

So is it fixed?
SeuDog is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCM