mcarterbrown.com  

CCM Chipley Machine

Old 04-10-2013, 12:18 AM   #1 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Barrel question

I'm about to purchase my first CCM gun (T2) on here. It won't come with a barrel though. I can't decide if I should get the original barrel and sizer kit with it, or a deadlywind fibur barrel with a few inserts. Which one do you prefer? Or is there another barrel/barrel kit that you prefer?
Old 04-10-2013, 01:14 AM   #2 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
The CCM barrel kits have only 2" sizers, which myself and many others are not a fan of. And for the price of a new CCM kit, there are many better options available, some of which are cheaper. Getting the DW fibur barrel with freak inserts is a good idea. Almost any barrel that accepts freak inserts will be a good investment as inserts are easily found, cheap, and have a control bore length that is actually useful.

If you're wanting a the DW fibur barrel I would suggest to buy just the barrel new without inserts, and then buy a set of used inserts to save some money. Or if you aren't worried about money, just buy the kit new from Deadlywind.

As for the kit I prefer...I play with one of the older Empire barrel kits and I have a full range of bores from .681 all the way to .696. It only cost me $40 too. It's got a good 6 or 7 inch control bore, is pretty lightweight, and the inside is just as polished and smooth as every other barrel made.
Old 04-10-2013, 01:19 AM   #3 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

I prefer my ccm kit It works well and is ascetically pleasing.
I'm not convinced that any carbon fiber barrel can ever be truly round.. I own a deadly winds with a extensive freak kit, I find that lately It has been collecting dust so I put it up for sale and it's pending locally.

It seems to me:
The barrel inserts on the ccm system seem more like ball retainers (to prevent rollouts) with a immediate overbore for the tip.. I do not have the tools to measure and confirm this. With bad paint I shoot alright, with good paint I can drop in shots on people i never would have thought possible.
I find i have less breaks in the barrel during uncooperative weather. So, in short it works for me.

Last edited by Tinman; 04-10-2013 at 01:29 AM.
Tinman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 09:55 AM   #4 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Kilt Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
I prefer my ccm kit It works well and is ascetically pleasing.
I'm not convinced that any carbon fiber barrel can ever be truly round.. I own a deadly winds with a extensive freak kit, I find that lately It has been collecting dust so I put it up for sale and it's pending locally.

It seems to me:
The barrel inserts on the ccm system seem more like ball retainers (to prevent rollouts) with a immediate overbore for the tip.. I do not have the tools to measure and confirm this. With bad paint I shoot alright, with good paint I can drop in shots on people i never would have thought possible.
I find i have less breaks in the barrel during uncooperative weather. So, in short it works for me.
^^^^ This!!!!!!!

I love my CCM barrel kit so much that I use it on all of my markers. I also own a Deadly Wind, along with a full set of freak inserts, and it only gets used occasionally.

Rocking it for the Fringe Division!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Fring...616810?fref=ts
Broch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 02:55 PM   #5 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Well, for some reason I decided to back down and order new instead. So I'll be waiting for my brand new Silver/Red T2. So I'll just have a CCM Barrel and order a few sizers to match instead.
Old 04-10-2013, 04:24 PM   #6 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Kilt Fan
You have chosen wisely!

Rocking it for the Fringe Division!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Fring...616810?fref=ts
Broch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 08:58 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr3mium View Post
Well, for some reason I decided to back down and order new instead. So I'll be waiting for my brand new Silver/Red T2. So I'll just have a CCM Barrel and order a few sizers to match instead.
Good choice!
SeuDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 10:24 PM   #8 (permalink)

Go for the best of both worlds like me insert body with a DW Null love it!!!
Peppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 11:27 PM   #9 (permalink)
Sniper

CCM Fan
Tin man has my vote
hoov7888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 10:23 AM   #10 (permalink)
Made To

CCM Fan
I've gone back and forth about what to get for mine, but in the end have decided to just stick with the CCM kit.

Boston Creepers
MCB Feedback
tlane77 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCM