mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   CCM (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/ccm/)
-   -   T2 shredding paint (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/ccm/232774-t2-shredding-paint.html)

WestPointer 05-04-2013 08:02 PM

T2 shredding paint

Hey, my T2 has developed a nasty habit of shredding paint. Most of the breaks look like they are happening in the feedneck. I initially thought it was my hopper, so I switched hoppers. Same issue.

*edit* - I also switched barrels to a bigger bore and checked the paint. The paint was not overly brittle

I started checking the velocity and found I was shooting hot. I followed Talfurche's set-up guide to try to bring the pressure down, thinking it might be air coming up out of the top tube into the feedneck and blowing up balls in the stack. The only problem is that my reg adjuster screw, when set just far enough in to stop the leak down the barrel, is not even flush with the reg body, which makes me nervous.

BLUF: My T2 is shredding paint; I think it is a pressure issue; Reg adjuster screw is sitting beyond flush which doesn't seem correct.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

belbert 05-04-2013 09:18 PM

Is your maker timed? Are you firing before the ball drops?
I'm concerned that you have the reg turned all the way out, where's your IVG adjusted to and what velocity are you achieving?

I'd recommend that you follow TF's videos to set your marker up starting with reg pressure, baseline IVG adjustment and timing.

Have you ever resprung the marker? I've always had good luck by aligning the T2 from baseline.

Talfuchre 05-04-2013 09:21 PM

Something is up.

Set your marker up at 1 turn in on the IVG and 300 PSI in the Reg. Let me know when you get there.

I would wager you IVG is in a ways.

TF

WestPointer 05-04-2013 09:39 PM

IVG is all the way out - as far out as you can get it with the back cap on.

marker is timed as per TF's video

velocity was up at 300-320, dropped to 250-270 when I backed the reg screw out

belbert 05-04-2013 09:59 PM

Ok, do you have the stock springs in? Or have you changed the spring combo to something else?

I've got a new and an old T2. With the reg set at 350 the new one takes 2 or so turns and the older one is right at 3 1/2 turns on the IVG to get 280ish FPS. Do you have a pressure tester to the reg output? Both of mine are turned in about 3/16" to get 350 psi...

I'm curious what other feedback you'll get.

WestPointer 05-04-2013 10:15 PM

stock springs, ordered last January (2012) if that makes a difference.

Ir0nExpress 05-04-2013 10:25 PM

Is your reg assembled properly? I know people screw up the tophat part and it makes the reg all weird.

WestPointer 05-04-2013 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ir0nExpress (Post 2701039)
Is your reg assembled properly? I know people screw up the tophat part and it makes the reg all weird.

I have never taken the reg apart

Ir0nExpress 05-04-2013 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WestPointer (Post 2701031)
stock springs, ordered last January (2012) if that makes a difference.

Quote:

Originally Posted by WestPointer (Post 2701056)
I have never taken the reg apart

You've owned the gun for a year and a half and never took the reg apart? You might want to give it a cleaning and some lube.

shredxcam 05-05-2013 12:41 PM

I had mine for a couple years without rebuilding the reg. don't fix what ain't broke.

Grab a reg tester and some fresh paint and chrono