mcarterbrown.com

CCM Chipley Machine

Old 05-26-2013, 10:47 AM   #1 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
Scarab Arms First Strike

I really don't know what is going on with Scarab Arms and the FS round.

I know they are making some molded skirt that holds a 50cal paint ball.

I have no idea how it shoots but we all know what will happen if it don't shoot as good as a FS.

If it's a fail I think they need to make solid foam or what ever plastic compound that molds really good practice rounds. Give that a thought for a few minutes.

We made some delrin rounds and the shot really well.

The practice rounds would be a must have item for practice without going broke.

I have shot 700 rounds of FS in the past months and I haven't been to a game.

We use reball to test our markers. We haven't bought paint in months.

I am not advocating a direct copy of the First Strike product .There are plenty of designs that will produce the same ballistic results. I am a staunch supporter of the First Strike round. I after all built the SR1 for the First Strike.

I would like to see Perfect Circle make a reusable FS round but that would be self defeating to the sale of the FS.

I talked to Eric at Tiberius about this a couple of years ago that I had made some delrin rounds for practice. His response was something like they were going to do something like that.?? That's to the best of my recollection of how the conversation went.

It also means if they don't someone else will.

I think we need to voice our opinion to Scarab.Here is there FB page if anybody agrees.

https://www.facebook.com/scarabarms

Or Perfect Circle themselves http://www.pcpaintball.com/
“Do not yearn too much for a sword made by a famous smith. This is because even if you give a good man a sword worth ten thousand coppers, he will not be able to beat a hundred men each holding a spear worth a hundred coppers.” - Asakura Takakage Toshikage, 1462-1482

Ecc. 9-10
Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with your might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, where you go.

DOOR GUNNER handgun mounts for gunsafes.

http://www.machineshopdpm.com/

Last edited by CCMachinist; 05-26-2013 at 12:06 PM.
CCMachinist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 03:16 PM   #2 (permalink)
Vagabond

I've never seen a First Strike paintball in person so forgive me if this sounds stupid, but would it be possible for a company to make the outer shell minus the paintball inside? Allowing you to shove the paint of your choice in the outer casing? Is that essentially what you did with the delrin rounds? If so, why hasn't a company capitalized on this?
Old 05-26-2013, 04:28 PM   #3 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
As usual I got a little long winded in my thoughts.

What I am asking is for a company to make practice solid rubber or foam first strike rounds
for practice so you could shoot them over and over .

Like reball is.
“Do not yearn too much for a sword made by a famous smith. This is because even if you give a good man a sword worth ten thousand coppers, he will not be able to beat a hundred men each holding a spear worth a hundred coppers.” - Asakura Takakage Toshikage, 1462-1482

Ecc. 9-10
Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with your might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, where you go.

Old 05-26-2013, 08:53 PM   #4 (permalink)
Rec Poster

A person on the tiberius forums made some reusable rounds I think with a 3D printer. I think tiberius asked him not to sell them publicly due to the damage they could do to people.

Proudly sponsored by MILSIG Industries
milsimteampaintball.ca/forum

"Now I am become death, the destroyer of worlds" - J. Robert Oppenheimer
sbrooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 10:43 AM   #5 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbrooker View Post
A person on the tiberius forums made some reusable rounds I think with a 3D printer. I think tiberius asked him not to sell them publicly due to the damage they could do to people.
The same thing could be said about reball.

As long as the FS was made to the same specs as a paintball size,weight,soft tip ,ect.

Just follow some guidelines.

Ecc. 9-10

Old 05-27-2013, 05:45 PM   #6 (permalink)
Fortune and Glory

Send a message via AIM to Crimson Death

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Yea I'd buy some for testing and tuning purposes only.
Crimson Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 05:50 PM   #7 (permalink)
I got 99 Problems

I know I'm not an sr1 owner, but I'd also buy some reusable FS rounds to test/tune with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider! View Post
I'm gonna pop some aggs.
Only got 20 rounds in my pocket.
I'm huntin'
Looking for some cover,
This is ****ing awesome.
moving_target is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 05:55 PM   #8 (permalink)
DSA
One in the Pipe!

Send a message via Skype™ to DSA

Bill I love your idea and would love to add, wouldn't it be cool if the made little round foam balls that when dipped and shot would mark the target. As a matter of fact, " Wonder Twins Power Activate," Bill what about we hit them up to offer pourous foam balls that could be Velcro-ed in place and dabbed prior to shooting for their current 121 round.

My Feedback Redux Knowledge Base My Email Line SI Knowledge Base
Quote:
Originally Posted by russc View Post

All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to shoot nothing.
DSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 10:34 PM   #9 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
From the first pics of Scarab's first strike round till now looks like they are doing a work around.

I believe practice rounds would sell very well.

Shooting practice rounds in a competition would be fun also.

Maybe start a whole new game?

Ecc. 9-10

Old 06-13-2013, 10:12 PM   #10 (permalink)

CCM Fan
I've been using a sheet hung up behind a paper target with really good results to be able to reuse FS rounds. I've shot them at least 15-20 times each and the majority of time, they do not have any damage on them. At that rate, the price comes down to regular paintball prices. I think that the ones that have ended up with cracks on them either bounced off the sheet and hit a hard surface or I shot them thru a .683 HH fin for testing and it appears that using that tight of a bore cracks a lot of them.
DJmatt123 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCM