mcarterbrown.com  

CCM Chipley Machine

Old 06-09-2013, 02:02 AM   #1 (permalink)

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Are there any upgrades for the S6?

I want To upgrade my s6 to have a lighter pump stroke smoother shot etc.
Mustachespizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 02:47 AM   #2 (permalink)
It's All In The Reflexes.

Send a message via AIM to Crimson Death

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
MQ valve it.
Crimson Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 08:55 AM   #3 (permalink)
A.B.K.

CCM Fan
Go to the gym. Seriously. Don't do anything to it. Except caress it and polish it.

Try polishing the guide rods. When you use the marker, sand, dust, tidbits of **** will get on the guide rod and as you pump it, it scuffs the rod causing it to be rough. Also could give the marker a good cleaning inside. Polish the hammer, swap out hammer springs etc.

Or you could Mq valve it. But thats alot of work.

Or you could send it to me. It will be the lightest pump stroke ever, cuz you won't get it back.
SOGAmember666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 11:10 AM   #4 (permalink)

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOGAmember666 View Post
Go to the gym. Seriously. Don't do anything to it. Except caress it and polish it.

Try polishing the guide rods. When you use the marker, sand, dust, tidbits of **** will get on the guide rod and as you pump it, it scuffs the rod causing it to be rough. Also could give the marker a good cleaning inside. Polish the hammer, swap out hammer springs etc.

Or you could Mq valve it. But thats alot of work.

Or you could send it to me. It will be the lightest pump stroke ever, cuz you won't get it back.
That's all? Well the guy I bought it from got it when they first came out. Is there anything I should replace on it
Mustachespizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 11:49 AM   #5 (permalink)
It's All In The Reflexes.

Send a message via AIM to Crimson Death

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustachespizza View Post
That's all? Well the guy I bought it from got it when they first came out. Is there anything I should replace on it
Only the best paint you can afford.
Crimson Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 12:00 PM   #6 (permalink)
Walking without rhythm

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
The only upgrade a ccm needs is the player...

If CCMs needed an upgrade, CCM would have included it.

That being said, the only thing I changed on my S6 was putting a freak barrel on it...and that's only because I don't like carrying multiple barrel kits for all my other guns...

My business card says "Your in luck, I do two things..."
Stilgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 12:13 PM   #7 (permalink)
Ninja

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustachespizza View Post
I want To upgrade my s6 to have a lighter pump stroke smoother shot etc.
Give it to me??

JF Paintball & Airsoft
Grass Valley, CA
(530) 273-3582
Everything to Get You in the GAME!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha434 View Post
We don't lower the bar so that everyone can get an A. That's a foolish notion.
dack maddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 12:14 PM   #8 (permalink)
mag shooter

actually if its a s6A like mine it has the old style cup seal and i would look into getting the new one as its rebuildable and the old one was not/ not easily rebuildable

but for the most part its a prefrence thing. i changed my reg because i didnt liike the way the ccm reg had the macro fitting off to the side. i also changed the asa on mine to one that vents when you unscrew it. but by no means are these necessary changes.

feedback(http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html)
superman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 12:15 PM   #9 (permalink)
Hawkeye: Finest Kind

CCM Fan
Some or the early CCM asa are worth replacing. The knob that actuates the tank has a poorly designed seal. The threads can chew up the oring. Remove the asa knob and check the oring. If there are cuts than replace the oring or the asa. This wont get you any more eliminations but it will get you in the game and not the parking lot.

To improve the pump stroke clean everything. Pump rod, cocking rod, lower tube, bolt. Anything that is rough polish it. It is worth watching some of talfurche (sp) videos. They are stickied at the top of the ccm page.
Marathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 01:23 PM   #10 (permalink)
OLD MAN

CCM Fan
First of all congratulations, you have a truly great pump marker, so real upgrades are going to be more about maintenance or modifications to suit your style of play and preferences. I set my ups up for compactness and light wieght; small tanks, shorter barrels, small hopper,s etc.

If this is an older marker, the first thing I would do is break it down and replace all the O-rings, springs and replace any worn parts. Call Mel at CCM, she is a lot of help and a really nice person.

Since I use a smaller tanks, 13/3000 Ninjas, efficiency is important. Assuming you have sweet-spotted your regulator, the only thing left is to use an underbore barrel with a control bore that is long enough to increase velocity, and therefore allow you to turn down your IVG, so you use less air per shot, increasing the shots per tank.

If you are using an older stock CCM barrel, the control bore is only a couple inches, and in fact is really a sizer, more that a control bore. While it works great to keep the paint from rolling out of the barrel, they make little difference in the velocity. If you like the look of carbon fiber, you could get a Deadlywind Fibur. This barrel is a “one piece” design that uses Freak barrel inserts. These inserts are 5 inches, so going from a .691 insert to a .679, depending on the size of your paint, gets an additional 30-40 fps. That is a about a 10-12% increase in efficiency or an additional 15 shots on this small tank. These barrels are very light weight and very high quality, and the “one piece” design means you will not get a barrel back stuck in the receiver, with the pump handles in the way. If your marker is black, or do mind a black barrel, Lapco make a great one-peice barrel called the Tightstick. It is 14 inches overall and has a 10" .681 control bore. It has a great look to it and is very efficient, though it is a bit heavy. There are other nice barrels (kits) as well, so you have a lot of other choices, I prefer the Deadlywind Fibur.

If you like the look of the stock barrel, CCM is now making a a new barrel kit that uses 3 inch sizers, they may make more velocity difference and you will still have the high quality, stock CCM product.

With that said, if you are using a big electronic hopper and a big tank, then the weight savings and efficiency will not make any real difference. So while this is more like a “set-up” and not truly an upgrade, it may make your marker suit you better.

Again, congratulation on your new purchase.

Good Luck!

Last edited by David A.; 06-09-2013 at 01:37 PM. Reason: spelling
David A. is online now   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCM