mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   CCM (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/ccm/)
-   -   T2 velocity issue (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/ccm/235652-t2-velocity-issue.html)

MrBig 06-15-2013 05:19 PM

T2 velocity issue

After SPE, I took my T2 apart to clean it. I left the pump on and didn't take out the valve. When I went to use it again I couldn't get it over 245 fps. Last week, I took the reg apart and checked the orings. (They all looked good.). I took out the hammer and there was no foreign material on it or in the chamber. I made sure the bolt wasn't upside down. (I've made that mistake before.) I put it all back together.

Today, I finally had the time to gas it up and try again.

Still cannot get over 245fps.

What could I have done?

I have barely had to even touch the reg or IVG since getting this gun a little over a year ago. I have taken it apart before. I am stumped.

It is not leaking air, so I still haven't gotten into the valve. Should I?

shredxcam 06-15-2013 08:00 PM

Set it all back to factory

someasianballer 06-15-2013 08:44 PM

Run a swab in ur lower tube.

The tolerance in the bottom tube is very right even a bit of normal grime from just regular use will mess with it

Tinman 06-15-2013 10:29 PM

I'd try backing out the reg and the ivg all the way on a .682-4 back with our paint.. put over the crono and walk the reg in till the velocity begins to drop. Then use the ivg.

Jwalker has a box of main springs (mine) get one from him if the above does not help.
If all else fails find jacob or jordan at the field, yup the kids they are becoming quite good at trouble shooting.

Gunz 06-16-2013 09:23 AM

Check the input pressure of your reg. it should be set at about 325 psi. Your IVG should be turned in at about 3 full turns from flush. This should get you up to speed unless you hammer spring is worn out.

MrBig 06-28-2013 04:42 PM

Finally had some time to tear into this marker and try to fix the velocity issue.

Quote:

Originally Posted by someasianballer (Post 2734709)
Run a swab in ur lower tube.

The tolerance in the bottom tube is very right even a bit of normal grime from just regular use will mess with it

I tore it completely apart and cleaned everything and checked all o-rings. O-rings all looked ok.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tinman (Post 2734808)
I'd try backing out the reg and the ivg all the way on a .682-4 back with our paint.. put over the crono and walk the reg in till the velocity begins to drop. Then use the ivg.

Jwalker has a box of main springs (mine) get one from him if the above does not help.
If all else fails find jacob or jordan at the field, yup the kids they are becoming quite good at trouble shooting.

I got it up to velocity but reg is flush and IVG is about 5 turns in. That seems a lot to me. Maybe it is the main spring.

I used a .684 insert with the field's Evil paint.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gunz (Post 2735005)
Check the input pressure of your reg. it should be set at about 325 psi. Your IVG should be turned in at about 3 full turns from flush. This should get you up to speed unless you hammer spring is worn out.

I don't have a pressure checker for my reg and haven't taken the time to build one. May be something to do later this summer.

Thank you everyone for your suggestions. With some fiddling I got it up to speed. Seems that it may still need a little fine tuning, but I can at least use it for now.

someasianballer 06-28-2013 08:04 PM

What's the reg pressure at?

MrBig 06-28-2013 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBig (Post 2745276)
I don't have a pressure checker for my reg and haven't taken the time to build one. May be something to do later this summer.

Quote:

Originally Posted by someasianballer (Post 2745424)
What's the reg pressure at?

^^

someasianballer 06-28-2013 08:58 PM

Sorry. Skimmed the thread

PumpFreak 06-28-2013 11:13 PM

CCM factory specs are 350 psi for the reg.. I run 320-325 and 1 1/2 or 2 turns IVG with a hush bolt.