mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   CCM (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/ccm/)
-   -   lug, hammer, timing question (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/ccm/238013-lug-hammer-timing-question.html)

hoov7888 07-18-2013 04:25 PM

lug, hammer, timing question

Has anyone ever had a lug wear out? I think mine got rounded over. My t2s timing was being very inconsistent so I swapped the lug with a stock wgp I had laying around and it seems to be fixed..... Is this possible or am I crazy?

Thanks for the input guys and gals.

pirhana92 07-18-2013 11:17 PM

How old is your T2? I've had mine for a little over a year and put about 15 cases through it no problem. Could be must a bad hammer.

David A. 07-18-2013 11:38 PM

Not likely the lug, an eight of a turn and the sear contact would be on a new surface. Did you contact Rod?

hoov7888 07-19-2013 12:02 AM

I talked to Mel about it, I was going to send it into her but Jonas of xendata suggested that I try swapping out the lug since I already tried the set screw in the hammer with no luck.

I figured that if its a timing issue then it has to be the lug or sear

Also its a acid wash blue t2.... I think it was made in 08....im thinking 5 years of action could probably have rounded an already polished lug tip

hoov7888 07-19-2013 12:08 AM

I'm pretty sure its fixed. Its been giving me heart ache since I got it 2 or 3 months ago.... I'm sure the previous owner was having problems with it too but didn't care to mention it.

I just figured I'd share in case someone else comes across this problem

super_stanchy 07-23-2013 05:15 PM

some people prefer rounded lugs to flat lugs....

rounded seem to shoot quicker (release quicker)
flat seem to be more consistent

bob long told me a story about how he would hand grind lugs to be perfectly shaped for his cockers, it would take 10-15 min of work by hand to make it perfectly round and shoot amazing and such.....

Menso 07-23-2013 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by super_stanchy (Post 2763590)
some people prefer rounded lugs to flat lugs....

rounded seem to shoot quicker (release quicker)
flat seem to be more consistent

bob long told me a story about how he would hand grind lugs to be perfectly shaped for his cockers, it would take 10-15 min of work by hand to make it perfectly round and shoot amazing and such.....

I've never heard of anyone doing that before. You have the tools and I'm sure a spare lug laying around, why don't you try it?

super_stanchy 07-23-2013 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Menso (Post 2763604)
I've never heard of anyone doing that before. You have the tools and I'm sure a spare lug laying around, why don't you try it?

i do...

most of my cockers i build are round lug

i have no idea what my t2 is.... i try not to bring it to the shop for its own good ;)

SeuDog 07-23-2013 11:22 PM

A rounded lug is preferred on mech cockers, however CCM sends all of their pump markers out with "flat" lugs that are polished. Per Rod Thompson of CCM, it is easier to time their pump marker.

EgoPossum 07-24-2013 08:13 AM

I have never heard of a T2 or any CCM hammer lugs wearing out.
My personal T2 is one of the brindle camo T2s that I bought at LL2 and I have thrown I don't know how many cases of paint through that gun. It still has the same hammer in it.

The only part I have replaced on it was my trigger (on my second one - I am that hard on my autotrigger). When the trigger gets a divot in it, it can cause a few issues in regards to timing.

Again phone up Rod and talk to him. He knows those guns inside and out and can help you get your gun shooting amazing.