mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   CCM (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/ccm/)
-   -   Which one? (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/ccm/238427-one.html)

Fatal 07-24-2013 11:30 AM

Which one?

Hi guys, I'm going to get a CCM once they get new body's in. But I still don't know which one to get. I would prefer the smoothest one. Any recommendations would be appreciated! Thanks guys!

Hook 07-24-2013 02:47 PM

They are all equally smooth. At this point, I'd recommend getting the one that you visually like best. I had a T2 and later bought an S6.5, performance-wise both were the same, but in the end, I preferred the lines of the S6.5.

A fellow teammate has an S6, and again, it performs just as flawlessly as the other CCM models.

Pumplayer 07-24-2013 02:51 PM

*cough* j12 *cough*

Hook 07-24-2013 02:52 PM

Sure, if you don't mind waiting 2 years to get one :p

noclue119 07-24-2013 04:09 PM

At this point anything that is up for sale.... Since you know CCM doesn't have spare markers sitting around.

Fatal 07-25-2013 08:48 AM

Thanks guys, have any of you noticed one being quieter than the other?

Dr. PhunkyPants 07-25-2013 08:59 AM

I've been exchanging PM's with a guy on PBN who has a dust black T2 with an Eclipse POPS ASA and no barrel for $425 shipped.

I'm not going to pick it up since I have four other CCM's on the bench right now. If you want the guy's contact info, pls let me know (this goes for other MCB'ers as well).

Cheers...

Dr. PhunkyPants 07-25-2013 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fatal (Post 2765032)
Thanks guys, have any of you noticed one being quieter than the other?

Sound signature varies more with the barrel used. All these markers use highly similar internal components.

One thing you will need is some sort of barrel kit which has different sized backs. Most people use either the CCM factory barrel kit or a freak barrel kit (deadlywind barrels, in particular). Sniper pumps (CCM and others as well) rely on friction to hold the ball in place at the back of the barrel. If you try to use a barrel that doesn't match your paint, it will roll out...hence the need for a flexible approach to sizers.

Fatal 07-25-2013 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. PhunkyPants (Post 2765037)
Sound signature varies more with the barrel used. All these markers use highly similar internal components.

One thing you will need is some sort of barrel kit which has different sized backs. Most people use either the CCM factory barrel kit or a freak barrel kit (deadlywind barrels, in particular). Sniper pumps (CCM and others as well) rely on friction to hold the ball in place at the back of the barrel. If you try to use a barrel that doesn't match your paint, it will roll out...hence the need for a flexible approach to sizers.

I have a deadly wind freak kit already, I have a phantom now so I know all about the roll outs haha. Fixed that with the dentent rings. But is it true if you don't hold the pump handle forward the shot will be quieter due to velocity drop?

Dr. PhunkyPants 07-25-2013 02:35 PM

You should definitely keep the pump handle held forward when firing. On any sniper style pump (not just CCM--all cockers), the bolt has a hole in the bottom of it which when positioned fully forward aligns with the interior air passage from the valve in the lower tube.

If you attempt to fire while the bolt is not correctly aligned to the forward position, the hammer hits the valve, the valve opens, but due to restricted airflow not all the air goes through the bolt to hit the ball. The result is low or NO velocity on the ball. In fact, the bolt pin will keep the hammer from hitting the valve somewhat, so you may not even cycle.

A more common problem is shooting without a hand on the pump grip. If you do this, the gun will shoot but you will lose velocity. The reason is that (1) some of the kinetic energy from the air moving through the bolt is diverted to pushing the bolt rearward and (2) as the bolt moves rearward, it cuts off airflow. Less air and energy hits the ball--thus lower velocity. It also happens to be quieter.