mcarterbrown.com  

CCM Chipley Machine

Old 03-05-2014, 09:35 PM   #1 (permalink)

CCM S6 Velocity Woes

So, this isn't a major "woe," but I recently bought a brand new S6 from CCM (the green acid wash from CCI). Anyways, the reg has sweetspotted right at 300 PSI, but the IVG seems way too far in. It is only about 3/4 of a turn from screwed all the way in. It shoots consistently in the 290's at that IVG setting, but I'm just not sure if that is normal. The S6 has about a case through it. Maybe it just needs some more time to break in? It also seemed somewhat "kicky." Maybe a break-in related issue as well?

I am also using the CCM barrel kit, and the case I shot was small paint (used .675 sizer). Could the small sizer and large bore barrel be part of the problem?

Thanks for your input and help!
BassDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 09:58 PM   #2 (permalink)
Serving Tea for CCM

Send a message via AIM to senghing27

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
IIRC, the IVG should be roughly three full turns in.

You could always let the marker break in a bit and let the springs settle.
~My Feedback~
senghing27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 10:16 PM   #3 (permalink)
Red

CCM Fan
Bump input up to 350 and back the IVG out to two turns. Get fresh well fit paint and try again.

Report back.

TF

TF's MCB Trust.
Talfuchre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 11:55 PM   #4 (permalink)
Formerly lancecst

CCM Fan
I run my S6 at about 350psi. The IVG is a few turns in.
Old 03-06-2014, 12:36 AM   #5 (permalink)
OLD MAN

CCM Fan
First of all, congratulations on your new S6, I just to theCCM website to re-look at your new acquisition...very nice.

Second, 350PSI is what Rod suggest, TF likes 325PSI, you are at 300PSI, so you might be a bit low.

That said, you are in the range and very close to the “right“ pressure for your marker...So how under-bore is the barrel insert? I have found 0.006 underbore gains about 15-25 fps over matched bore.

Good Luck!

My Pumps:
CCM Series 6, CCM T2 (x2), CCM Series 5 RF #20, CCM Series 5 (x3), CCM SS-25 (x3), WGP Karnivor Mid-Block Sniper, WGP Black Magic Sniper, WGP '03 Vertical Feed SE Sniper, WGP 2K RF Sniper, FreeFlow Lotus Sniper, Bob Long Black MVP, CCI Under-Cocking Phantom, Palmer's 1K Blazer Pump. Non-pump: CCM Series 5 Autococker.
David A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 01:10 AM   #6 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
Ignore all this bad advise, it is broke, ship it to me and I will give you $200 for it...sound fair?
Old 03-06-2014, 09:57 AM   #7 (permalink)

When I played last weekend, I turned the reg to 350 psi and the IVG two turns in. I was shooting 140 fps...I backed off the reg and immediately my velocity was better. 300 psi on my reg tester (gauge may not be super accurate) was right where it sweet spotted. Any higher or lower and velocity went down. That's when I had to crank down the IVG to 1 turn from all the way in.

My paint match was not ideal. I was using the smallest sizer with my CCM kit (.675) with the paint and it was holding it, but it was a very slight underbore. Maybe just a case of small paint?
BassDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 10:17 AM   #8 (permalink)
MCB Member

I wish I could offer help but in the end TF gave me the best advice and really helped. I'd follow his advice again and see if maybe a slight increase to the 310-325 range works. I'm sure he will chime in with more.

Good luck man.
Feedback
Slappadapink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 11:08 AM   #9 (permalink)
Custom User Title

CCM Fan
when i built my cocker everything was new so i just set the ivg at 3 turns in and then just adjusted the velocity through the reg. i know thats not the way to do it but im just waiting for everything to break in. Also, whats a good break in period? i have about 2 cases though mine. just wondering when i need to start sweet spotting everything
cjanderson_90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 05:03 PM   #10 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by BassDude View Post
So, this isn't a major "woe," but I recently bought a brand new S6 from CCM (the green acid wash from CCI). Anyways, the reg has sweetspotted right at 300 PSI, but the IVG seems way too far in. It is only about 3/4 of a turn from screwed all the way in. It shoots consistently in the 290's at that IVG setting, but I'm just not sure if that is normal. The S6 has about a case through it. Maybe it just needs some more time to break in? It also seemed somewhat "kicky." Maybe a break-in related issue as well?

I am also using the CCM barrel kit, and the case I shot was small paint (used .675 sizer). Could the small sizer and large bore barrel be part of the problem?

Thanks for your input and help!
Feel free to call Rod our Tech as well with any questions you may have. He can be reached M-F 7am to 3:30pm PST 1-877-412-6850
CCM CHICK is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCM