mcarterbrown.com  

CCM Chipley Machine

Old 04-29-2014, 05:52 PM   #1 (permalink)
SOPC member. I want a T2!

HELP: Thinking about T2/S6.5

I finally want to pull the trigger and get a CCM pump I have always been dreaming of. I've read through the stickies, but still can't seem to find my answer.

Are there any real differences between the T2 and S6.5? I am seeing that there are some new parts for the T2 that CCM has been shipping out on their latest batch. What's the breakdown on those?

I know that in the long run, they all will be great shooting pumps, but what (if anything besides looks) really sets them apart from one another?

Also, if I want to order one directly from CCM with my own specs, is there anywhere that I can see the price breakdown, customization options, colors, etc.?

Thanks to all for the help!
5N1P3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 06:01 PM   #2 (permalink)
.67cal Buwwets!

CCM Fan
The newest parts for the T2's being produced is the Quad Rod pump kit. It adds a pump guide rod into the vertical air adaptor and makes the pump much more stable than the original design. The original T2 pump is not flimsy by any means but to me just didn't feel as solid as their normal deluxe kits.

There is a thread with some prototype T2 bodies and valve bodies but those are not in production yet. Testing phase.

If you go T2 I personally would go with the Quad Rod setup hands down. The little play in the original pump handle was the only thing I didn't like about the T2. With the new quad rod option it comes down to looks with my recommendation, they will both feel and perform exactly the same. You just need to pick which one you think is prettier. You can't go wrong with those choices tho.
crazyorigin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 06:06 PM   #3 (permalink)
Newbie++

CCM Fan
IF you want to swap ur frame over to another cocker body get the S6.5

My MCB Feedback
noclue119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 12:50 AM   #4 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
S6.5 > T2, it is all preference, I have owned both and still have my S6.5
Old 04-30-2014, 02:06 AM   #5 (permalink)
OLD MAN

CCM Fan
Talk about a Win-Win choice....you will not loose on either.

I own three CCM T2s and like them a lot, ok, it's love. That said, I have shot and admired their S6.5 as well.

The internals are all the same, so they have the same sound and efficiency. Build quality and materials are the same. They both have the same frame options and depending on the configuration and options, weight within a nanogram of each other.

The S6.5 has one cocking rod, it also has a third fixed pump guide rod that stabilizes the handle and keeps the pump-stroke smooth by reducing handle wobble. It also has a the same dual detents on the sides of the breach, as the Full-block S6...which brings me to looks. The S6.5 looks like a Half-block version of the S6, for some they like that look.

The T2 has two cocking-rods, some say it is smoother, any difference is less than marker-to-marker variation. I can say the pump handle on the T2 is more prone to twisting, Bill remedied that with introduction of the T2 Quad-Rod, which combines the advantages of both. The T2 has a "hidden" detent located on the bottom, center of the breach, it is accessed by removing the Top-Tube(the top-tube on the S6.5 does not come off, nor does it need to). Also there is a vanity cap over the IVG, again making for a smoother more finished look and another color option, for those like like a lot of color.

At the end of the day, it is going to come down to looks. Some like the look of the "Half-Blocked" version of a full-block. It has the additional milling and the option of a different colored detent cover and of course you can make the different parts whatever colors they have (a lot)...oh yah, the regulator on the S6.5 is the same as the S6 too. Then the S6.5 is for you.

If one prefers smoother lines, less milling, removable Top-Tube, and more pieces to anodize in whatever colors are available - then the T2 may be a better choice. I chose the T2s for the smoother lines, all mine are a single color. None are Quad-Rod, as I prefer the sleeker line and smaller pump-handle.

Really, you have made the good decision already by choosing a CCM, between the S6.5 and T2 is more about looks than anything else.

Good luck and enjoy your CCM, it is the best choice in paintball.
Old 04-30-2014, 09:13 AM   #6 (permalink)
Total wreath

CCM Fan
WIth the t2 you have to buy a torx driver to take it fully apart

Go try both out , see which one you like.
shredxcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 01:26 PM   #7 (permalink)
SOPC member. I want a T2!

Thanks for all the help so far guys! I found a good deal for a T2 and hope to have it hear on Saturday! I'll be wearing my GoPro so I hope to get some good footage with it! Thanks to all who helped!
5N1P3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 10:59 AM   #8 (permalink)

I love both but ended up getting a T2 insertbody ( can only get those used now) and my only complaint was the torx heads. I swapped mine for hex heads just so I could keep less tools in my gear bag.

But to echo near everyone. You can't go wrong with either. (tho the wait list for the 6.5 is way longer
Peppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 09:48 PM   #9 (permalink)
OLD MAN

CCM Fan
Updated for the new Series 6.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by David A. View Post
Talk about a Win-Win choice....you will not loose on either.

I own three CCM T2s and like them a lot, ok, it's love. That said, I have shot and admired their S6.5 as well.

The internals are all the same, so they have the same sound and efficiency. Build quality and materials are the same. They both have the same frame options and depending on the configuration and options, weight within a nanogram of each other.

The S6.5 has one cocking rod, it also has a third fixed pump guide rod that stabilizes the handle and keeps the pump-stroke smooth by reducing handle wobble. It also has a the same dual detents on the sides of the breach, as the Full-block S6...which brings me to looks. The S6.5 looks like a Half-block version of the S6, for some they like that look.

The T2 has two cocking-rods, some say it is smoother, any difference is less than marker-to-marker variation. I can say the pump handle on the T2 is more prone to twisting, Bill remedied that with introduction of the T2 Quad-Rod, which combines the advantages of both. The T2 has a "hidden" detent located on the bottom, center of the breach, it is accessed by removing the Top-Tube(the top-tube on the S6.5 does not come off, nor does it need to). Also there is a vanity cap over the IVG, again making for a smoother more finished look and another color option, for those like like a lot of color.

At the end of the day, it is going to come down to looks. Some like the look of the "Half-Blocked" version of a full-block. It has the additional milling and the option of a different colored detent cover and of course you can make the different parts whatever colors they have (a lot)...oh yah, the regulator on the S6.5 is the same as the S6 too. Then the S6.5 is for you.

If one prefers smoother lines, less milling, removable Top-Tube, and more pieces to anodize in whatever colors are available - then the T2 may be a better choice. I chose the T2s for the smoother lines, all mine are a single color. None are Quad-Rod, as I prefer the sleeker line and smaller pump-handle.

Really, you have made the good decision already by choosing a CCM, between the S6.5 and T2 is more about looks than anything else.

Good luck and enjoy your CCM, it is the best choice in paintball.
Well, there have been some changes to the Series 6.5 since this post. The NEW Series 6.5 has some changes that make it more like a T2. The new 6.5 has a removable top-tube and the single center detent, so the double detents and external detent covers are gone. It also has the option of a different colored top-tube.

So now the differences are even less than before. It is really mostly about looks now....
Old 05-12-2014, 09:25 PM   #10 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
Buy both markers=win-win

Savage Paintball Team
honculada is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCM