mcarterbrown.com  

CCM Chipley Machine

Old 06-17-2014, 07:09 PM   #11 (permalink)
Newbie++

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by ves206 View Post
I'm at 250psi at 280/285... But its chuffy and drops off during autotrigger.
if u have drop off during autotrigger that is because u didn't time it properly.

Also the way I set s6.5 is that I put the IVG flush to the body and adjust the reg around 275 for 300 fps. I can turn the reg up or down to adjust my velocity.
Yes it is inefficient but i don't play with a 13cu tank or 12 grams so i don't really care

My MCB Feedback
noclue119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 01:36 AM   #12 (permalink)
OLD MAN

CCM Fan
FrankW is right, your pressure is too low,,,,I had the same problem before i made a regulator tester to set my regulator pressure. I set my pressure by sweet-spotting. When I made the tester, I found the sweet-spot on my CCMs varies between 280-300psi.

When I ran the sweet-spotted pressure, I needed to run the IGV all the way out, and sometimes needed to turn the regulator pressure below the sweet-spot to make 280fps. In some cases the regulator pressure bolt would be below the bottom of the regulator. With these settings the sound was muffled and almost farty and my consistency was about +/- 10-15fps...not that great.

The solution, I run my CCMs at 35-50 psi over sweet-spot, at 325-350psi. I run the IVG one to two turns in to make 280. I still get over 150 shots from a 13/3K tank and as bonuses the gun makes a better sound, more of sharp click and my shot to shot consistency, about +/- 3fps. I imagine that is why Rod at CCM sets them at 350 PSI from the factory.

If you have a regulator tester, try running you marker at 325-350 psi, if you do not have a tester, set your IVG at two turns in, then adjust your regulator to a higher pressure until your velocity comes down to 280. It is likely you will like the reslts.

Good luck.

My Pumps: Niche Nemesis #20 Sniper, CCM Series 6 (x2), CCM T2 (x2), CCM Series 5 RF #20, CCM Series 5 (x4), CCM SS-25 (x3), WGP Karnivor Mid-Block Sniper, WGP Black Magic Sniper, WGP '03 Vertical Feed SE Sniper, WGP '03 Vertical Feed Sniper,WGP 2K RF Sniper, FreeFlow Lotus Sniper, CCI Under-Cocking Phantom. Non-pump: CCM Series 5 Autococker.

Last edited by David A.; 06-19-2014 at 01:40 AM.
David A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 08:36 AM   #13 (permalink)
Six Point Five

OK. Still can't seem to chrono below 290/300.. Field limit is 280.. I usually have to turn the reg down til where it either chuffs or leaks due to low pressure.. Tried 280psi.. 300.. 325.. 350. :-(

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
ves206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 09:33 AM   #14 (permalink)
Six Point Five

Ok. I think I was able to fix it.. I have a spare set of springs.. I cut a coil off the main(hammer) spring. So now with the reg set at 300psi. I was able to turn the ivg in from sticking out to a little more in then flush and she's shooting 279/280.. Yay!.. No more shooting hot for me.

Old 07-24-2014, 09:55 AM   #15 (permalink)
Red - Black

CCM Fan
Wow. That was a fight huh? I know the T2, in my mind, runs lean. Meaning - it is a race horse. It runs properly - or it can fight you.

I am happy you got yours sorted out. Let me know if you need to talk through anything or need help. Ofcourse, a call to CCM and a talk to Rod solves most things too.

TF

TF's MCB Trust.
Talfuchre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 11:06 AM   #16 (permalink)
Six Point Five

My stock spring is 5cm long.. After trimming a spare spring to 4 1/2 cm long it works wonderful. Crazy... I know. Had me stumped for a while.

Old 07-26-2014, 09:11 PM   #17 (permalink)
Six Point Five

Played a few hours today. Shot amazing. Not one issue

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCM