mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   CCM (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/ccm/)
-   -   S5 Velocity issues (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/ccm/34864-s5-velocity-issues.html)

ih8cornnuts 03-12-2008 12:54 PM

S5 Velocity issues

When I use the A/T and lay a string of 5-10 shots the velocity drops almost like the reg isnt recharging quick enough.

The last time I played with it after each shot it would leak down the barrel until it was recocked/pumped again and I had the velocity drop with the A/T. I increased the reg pressure while loosening the IVG and fixed the leak but I still get the velocity drop using the A/T for more than 3-5 shots.

The marker is factory stock minus the deadly wind barrel. I used HP air systems too. Any thoughts?

Thanks, John

spymongoose 03-12-2008 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ih8cornnuts (Post 340679)
The marker is factory stock minus the deadly wind barrel. I used HP air systems too. Any thoughts?

It might help if you ADD the deadlywind barrel :ROTFL:

Seriously though, its your reg, it needs a rebuild probably. Any air system should be able to keep up, and shootdown isnt caused by any other internals. The exact problem and exact solution isnt clear without some more troubleshooting. Could even be your tank reg, but thats an easy thing to troubleshoot. Most likely its the CCM reg not doing what its supposed to do.

Crash 03-12-2008 01:29 PM

It would be the in-line reg 99.9% of the time. If you feel comfortable doing it I would suggest a good cleaning and lubing it.

ih8cornnuts 03-12-2008 01:34 PM

The gun is practically brand new so I pretty much eliminated having to rebuild the reg. I'll give it a good cleaning this weekend and try it again.

You mean I have to shoot it with the barrel on?
Spy instead of a smiley you should have inserted a vid of your avatar

Mar 03-12-2008 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ih8cornnuts (Post 340679)
When I use the A/T and lay a string of 5-10 shots the velocity drops almost like the reg isnt recharging quick enough.

The last time I played with it after each shot it would leak down the barrel until it was recocked/pumped again and I had the velocity drop with the A/T. I increased the reg pressure while loosening the IVG and fixed the leak but I still get the velocity drop using the A/T for more than 3-5 shots.

Thanks, John

The leak down the barrel you described is caused by your tank being too low on gas: there isn't enough gas behind the valve to keep it shut, CHipleys are sprung VERY lightly

The velocity drop when you shoot 'ropes' (<--lol) with the AT in my experience is a 'timing' issue, rather than a reg issue. Are you familiar with how to adjust the lug on your hammer? If the hammer is sliding off the sear just a little bit early, it will have a substantial effect (decrease) on your velocity.

To adjust it to attempt to correct the problem:

Remove the bolt
Insert an allen key into the lug adjusting hole (on the top of the marker)
pull back slightly on your cocking rod; this will allow the allen key to enter into the hole on the hammer
give it a small turn CLOCKWISE, approx 1/16 -1/8 of a turn - picture a clock and turn it about an hour to start
re-insert bolt
with a full tank try some ropes

I'll look for pics and be back

PLEASE REFER to TF's amazing guide to CCM auto-trigger installation:

Pumpenstein CCM Auto Trigger Kit - Review.

Refer to step eight for images and instructions

ih8cornnuts 03-12-2008 02:40 PM

Both tanks I used were full but increasing the reg pressure fixed the leak down the barrel. I'll check the timing as well, I wouldnt have thought to do it as this if the only gun I've owned with an A/T.

Mar 03-12-2008 02:45 PM

my bad. Let me know how it works out! Take care to make any adjustments in small increments, very small (like an hour on a clock in turning radius)

EDIT:

Better instructions in TF's Unnoficial Series 5 and 6 manual here:

http://www.pumpenstein.com/manuals/U...MS6_Manual.pdf

With pics and cutaways!

Talfuchre 03-12-2008 10:00 PM

Check out my manual. This is either:

1) input pressure is too low.
2) reg needs cleaning.
3) Dirty lower tube causing intermittent drag on the hammer.
4) Timing is off and the bolt hole is not lined up during auto-trigger

PM me if you need to.

TF

Old Man 03-12-2008 10:18 PM

Hey, I had this problem last weekend and you'd of thought I could have figured this one out fairly quickly. What it turned out to be was that I was using a borrowed tank and when I screwed the on and off in to air up, I turned it all the way down like I have to with my tank. Well that didn't work with this tank. I guess I was pushing the pin down to far and somewhat blocking the airway. Once I backed it off a little it started working fine...

tedaut 03-13-2008 03:29 AM

since it happens when you use the autotrigger I have a suspicion that your lug is set too low and is releasing the hammer before the bolt is in the proper position. I had the same problem with shootdown with my series 5 .