mcarterbrown.com

CCM Chipley Machine

Old 04-24-2013, 04:23 PM   #21 (permalink)
rec poser

Fantastic work TF. Thank you so much.
swamphawk5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 09:51 PM   #22 (permalink)
The Game

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Instead of making a new thread ill just ask my question in here. My T2 isn't very consistent over the chrono. It spikes alot. It will shoot 285, 290, 278, 300. I'm using a good paint to bore match. What could it be? I do chrono it in the morning when it's somewhat cold. Could that affect? Should I take apart my reg and maintain it and set the pressure back to 350psi?

Thanks.
pirhana92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 10:43 AM   #23 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
Smile Ss-25 & co2

TF,
I was just reading thru your SS-25 manual, (which I think is fantastic) looking for info about the possibility of setting up the SS-25 in a Stock Class configuation using 12 grams. I attend the Spring Pump Event in Central IL in April and they are pushing to have more games with Stick feed and 12 gram markers. I would like to do it but I would prefer to do it as simply as possible. I would like to play certain games stock and the rest open class with a hopper and HPA without too much time disassembling and reassembling.

In researching I saw that the SS-25 was initially intended to meet the Stock Class "niche". I also saw that people recommend running the CO2 thru the ASA into the reg and possibly adjusting the reg to a different setting. In one of your videos, I saw that you mentioned in passing, that the SS-25 can be fairly efficient on 12 grams.

What is your experience with CO2 with the SS-25? Are changes in spings necessary? Can it go unregulated? Or does it have to go thru the reg? Should I adjust the reg to compensate for the difference in pressure?

I have watched most of your tech videos and have learned a bunch. In fact a couple days ago. I pollished my hammer and guide rods. The cocking rod is in a matte finish, I assume to match the look of the marker. Is it benefitial to polish that too?

One thing that I noticed that might need correction in the SS-25 Manual, is under Xll Maintenance: it says that an "Autococker Valve Tool" is needed. It isn't needed because it has a "Spyder Valve" as I remember you saying in a video.

Thanks in advance for your response.

Best Regards,

Mark
Woodsballer57

shhu-shhck Is The Sound That I Hear....Just Before YOU Hear SPLAT!

See My Feedback http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...=Woodsballer57
WoodsBaller57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 09:29 AM   #24 (permalink)
Red

CCM Fan
Mark - I hit you up on PM - but I will answer here.

1) I have found that 12 grams work fine on the SS-25 valve train - IF you regulate them. So - put a changer in the bottom line - and go for it. I think you will get about 30 - 35 shots with all other things working well.

2) If you want to truly run it off 12 grams without the reg - you can expect a bit of a long road. You will need to work on minimizing space within the VRA chamber and different springs.

Honestly - it will never be truly stock class - and a 12 gram run through the reg simply makes it easier. That is the way it will go - and also - if you are running a 12 gram pump on a stock class feed in today's 20 BPS forever world - you are working enough in my mind.

3) You do not need a cocker tool for your marker. In fact - I wouldn't take the valve body out UNLESS you get a leak. Getting it back in without cutting the o-rings can be tricky for the unitiated - take this slowly if done and watch my videos for help. A dowel that allows you to push the valve from back out the front (like 8 inches or something) is all you need.

Good luck bro - one of the best body types out there. Our team captain still uses his SS-25 and it took us to a lot of podiums - still works just fine.

TF

TF's MCB Trust.
Talfuchre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 12:06 AM   #25 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
TF
Thanks for your input. I had some yesterday fun shooting with 10 round tubes and Constant Air. I am not sure if I will try going going with 12 grams or not.
I really appreciate the videos that you have out, both the tech videos as well as the "So You Are New to Pump" series. I am not new but I have picked up some good tips none the less. The tip to let non pumpers shoot your pump after they have asked questions, is a GREAT way of being a Pump Apostle, Spreading the Pump Word.
My Son with his T2 and Me with my SS-25 went up against a number of players who had never seen a pump till yesterday. It was fun educating players.
Thanks Again
Mark
Woodsballer57

shhu-shhck Is The Sound That I Hear....Just Before YOU Hear SPLAT!

See My Feedback http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...=Woodsballer57
WoodsBaller57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 12:13 PM   #26 (permalink)
Newbie++

CCM Fan
So I shared this on my facebook but forgot to post it here.

And here is a list of parts
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...rive_web#gid=0

My MCB Feedback

Last edited by noclue119; 04-16-2014 at 08:20 PM.
noclue119 is online now   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCM