mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   CCM (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/ccm/)
-   -   Need some CCM guidance (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/ccm/37297-need-some-ccm-guidance.html)

Brick 04-09-2008 04:20 PM

Need some CCM guidance

Well I think it's time for a new (and possibly semi-final) marker, and I have decided to stop pushing my love for cockers away. My first cocker was a blast, I really regret selling it and in turn went through 5 or 6 since then to try to find that same feeling. Well I think that feeling will be had with a nice PUMP cocker. Which bring me to my dillema. I was looking long and hard at S6for a long time and really wanted one, but couldn't get past the whole, pump cocker for $500+ when one can be had on here for <$150. So I gotta ask, is the S6 significantly better, to the point that it is worth spending the extra cash on one? I know this may be a stupid question, but I guess I just need some real people (or at least their e-selves:P) to tell me straight up that it's worth it. Other than weight is there any real advantages?

fastev 04-09-2008 07:03 PM

In a word, yes.

They are a purpose-built, dedicated open class marker. If you know you want a Sniper based pump, there is no substitute.

On the other hand, you can not convert them to semi without some serious and probably irreversible work. If you think you might want to go that route, the next best option would be to pick up a Series 5 and you could slap a CCM front block kit on it and you're in business.

crash311 04-09-2008 11:22 PM

Dude they are so killer im having one custom made for me from CCM direct. Melissa is on it as we speak! They are worth every penny! I currantly shoot a custom S-5 and cant wait to get my 6. The pump stroke is the smoothest ive ever felt and light weight! You will see where the money goes when you get one.

CCMachinist 04-09-2008 11:43 PM

You really need a chance to shoot other pumps.Go to your local field and ask people to let you shoot their pumps.We have other makes of pumps at the shop that we take out and shoot just to see what they are like.We have found that all markers shoot or feel a little different.
Before you spend the big bucks just do a little research.You will be more satisfied with what you decide to get.

Brick 04-10-2008 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CCmachinist (Post 367058)
You really need a chance to shoot other pumps.Go to your local field and ask people to let you shoot their pumps.We have other makes of pumps at the shop that we take out and shoot just to see what they are like.We have found that all markers shoot or feel a little different.
Before you spend the big bucks just do a little research.You will be more satisfied with what you decide to get.

Oh I've shot a a few different pumps in my day. I guess that fact was a little clouded by my first post but

Open class cockers
SC phantoms
OC phantoms
A sterling

Ok so not a thrilling amount, but I really just find pump cockers to be really comfy, just not sure if the big bucks are worth it, no offense.

Frink 04-10-2008 12:13 AM

I was amazed at the difference between a normal sniper pump and an S6. I got the S6 in a trade, figured I'd try it out and then put it up for sale. There's no way I'll sell it after seeing how good they are.

If you can afford it, I say get one.

CCMachinist 04-10-2008 01:17 AM

quote:Ok so not a thrilling amount, but I really just find pump cockers to be really comfy, just not sure if the big bucks are worth it, no offense.

None taken.$500 + is a lot of money and you do have to ask what am I getting for what I'm paying.I can tell you how we make them.

#1 We start with about 7+ lbs of 6061 aluminium and end up with a marker weighting under 3 lbs.(The grip frame starts out at 44oz.of material)
#2 303 and 304 stainless steel for the steel parts
#3 "virgin" delrin for the bolt and trigger and pump handle
#4 18-8 stainless steel screws
#5 hand polishing,diamond honing the bolt bore,diamond polished sear,hand fitting and assembly, testing and tuning with paint
#6 there is a 17-4 stainless steel heat treated low friction roller bearing on the trigger where it engages the sear.this is new and is installed in all grip frames as of about a week ago.

There may be a few things I left out but this coves the big stuff. I hope this helps.

Heebs 04-10-2008 01:49 AM

Wow, I didn't realize how much alum you guys start with to make the S6. BTW Your eBay store doesn't have any S6's in stock!

CCMachinist 04-10-2008 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heebs (Post 367163)
Wow, I didn't realize how much alum you guys start with to make the S6. BTW Your eBay store doesn't have any S6's in stock!

Yes we have been out of stock on bodies for a few weeks.We expect some back from anodizing this week.

Brick 04-10-2008 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CCmachinist (Post 367143)
quote:Ok so not a thrilling amount, but I really just find pump cockers to be really comfy, just not sure if the big bucks are worth it, no offense.

None taken.$500 + is a lot of money and you do have to ask what am I getting for what I'm paying.I can tell you how we make them.

#1 We start with about 7+ lbs of 6061 aluminium and end up with a marker weighting under 3 lbs.(The grip frame starts out at 44oz.of material)
#2 303 and 304 stainless steel for the steel parts
#3 "virgin" delrin for the bolt and trigger and pump handle
#4 18-8 stainless steel screws
#5 hand polishing,diamond honing the bolt bore,diamond polished sear,hand fitting and assembly, testing and tuning with paint
#6 there is a 17-4 stainless steel heat treated low friction roller bearing on the trigger where it engages the sear.this is new and is installed in all grip frames as of about a week ago.

There may be a few things I left out but this coves the big stuff. I hope this helps.

Under 3 pounds for the full marker? Didn't know they were that light, wow. I think I am leaning greatly towards grabbing one now. The idea of being able to keep up with the semi's if I need to is comforting since my current team is looking to play in semi tournies (we're all pumper, most SC). I am a little bit confused on the styles of frames though. I know there is the 86* w/ rubber grips and one with built in grips ( or so I think), is there any specs as far as differences go? I've held the in frame grip style and loved how thin it is but I also love rubber grips so that's now basically the only decision holding me back. Bodies back next week? any Gloss black coming in?:)