mcarterbrown.com  

CCM Chipley Machine

Old 04-17-2008, 04:04 PM   #11 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwitch View Post
Looks like the "fins" are less pronounced where the barrel goes on too. Good view on that second pic.
Good catch.we whacked those ears off.They are also gone on the new run of bodies.No more dings there.Also got the x-box today.I'll get it hooked up tonight.Thanks
“Do not yearn too much for a sword made by a famous smith. This is because even if you give a good man a sword worth ten thousand coppers, he will not be able to beat a hundred men each holding a spear worth a hundred coppers.” - Asakura Takakage Toshikage, 1462-1482

Ecc. 9-10
Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with your might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, where you go.

NEW STORE http://store.chipleymachine.com/

DOOR GUNNER handgun mounts for gunsafes.

http://www.machineshopdpm.com/
CCMachinist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 05:16 PM   #12 (permalink)
Post Whore

So if labor costs are greater then material costs, and you've cut your labor expenses...

You get where I'm going with this...
Shiba-Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 06:01 PM   #13 (permalink)
Red

CCM Fan
I like the loss of the 'fins' as well.

TF

TF's MCB Trust.
Talfuchre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 10:53 PM   #14 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiba-Kun View Post
So if labor costs are greater then material costs, and you've cut your labor expenses...

You get where I'm going with this...
It's more about freeing up machine time.It takes 3 mills to run bodies.4 mills if you run the asa job.Combine your parts and now you have more mill time for another job.Our guys run 2-3 machines at a time when the jobs permit it.The guy running bodies usually runs a second mill and sometimes a lath.If I had a person and machine for each part the series 6 would cost $1200 (est.)

We have to try to cut cost somewhere.coolant($12gal),way lube ($10 gal),wd-40 ($15-$20 a gallon) and not to mention that material such stainless steel,aluminium(body material went from $3ea to $9ea) and all base metals are now traded on in the global market place.Material alone goes up every month now.The only stable thing out there right now is the sun and the moon.It is all about the oil.No oil, no parts, no nothing.Welcome to the New World.

here is a site I visit on a regular bases.The metal prices you see is what a steelmill would pay

Kitco - Base Metals - Industrial metals - Copper, Aluminum, Nickel, Zinc, Lead - Charts, Prices, Graphs, Quotes, Cu, Ni, Zn, Al, Pb
“Do not yearn too much for a sword made by a famous smith. This is because even if you give a good man a sword worth ten thousand coppers, he will not be able to beat a hundred men each holding a spear worth a hundred coppers.” - Asakura Takakage Toshikage, 1462-1482

Ecc. 9-10
Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with your might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, where you go.

Old 04-17-2008, 11:57 PM   #15 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCmachinist View Post
Good catch.we whacked those ears off.They are also gone on the new run of bodies.No more dings there.Also got the x-box today.I'll get it hooked up tonight.Thanks

Its awesome that you guys continue to revamp an already stunning marker. All those little details really add up to a machine that is really in synch. I definitely plan on getting one out of the new batch. So keep at least one raw.
Warwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 08:02 AM   #16 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to MassDestruction00 Send a message via Yahoo to MassDestruction00

DO WANT!
just like I told Mel on the phone, if you need a test pilot for those just let me know JK

Alan
MassDestruction00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 10:36 AM   #17 (permalink)
Merc

Send a message via AIM to JOESPUD27

CCM Fan
I know you said it'll be ready later this year, but did you have a more specific time frame in mind? I may hold off on ordering my S6 till those bodies are available.

Jay

Best Field in STL
JOESPUD27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 10:44 AM   #18 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOESPUD27 View Post
I know you said it'll be ready later this year, but did you have a more specific time frame in mind? I may hold off on ordering my S6 till those bodies are available.

Jay

I'm thinging closer to the end of the year before we do a production run or untill we burn thru our current stock.

Ecc. 9-10

Old 04-18-2008, 11:18 AM   #19 (permalink)
Merc

Send a message via AIM to JOESPUD27

CCM Fan
Hmm..I don't know if I can wait that long...

Jay

Best Field in STL
JOESPUD27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 10:35 PM   #20 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to Sly1

agreed, I really like how that looks.

the s6 is really the top of the line in the pump world.. you guy's have done a great job.
Feedback-
Sly1 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCM