mcarterbrown.com

CCM Chipley Machine

Old 04-23-2008, 09:27 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtaylor View Post
Or just stick some kind of stopper in there. A pencil works.
I made little lexan stoppers that fit inside the pump handle. Works brilliantly, and it's not even noticable in acrylic handles.
Andrewliu6294 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 11:37 PM   #12 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talfuchre View Post
This is actually easy to fix - drill and tap the end of the large pump arm and add a screw. Set it to limit overtravel of the hammer and bolt.

TF
I think I see what your talking about now.Your bolt is traveling back to far when you pump it and the lug is hitting the "back" of the lug slot.Is that correct?For some reason I thought the lug was rubbing the top of the grip frame.Duh.
Anyway,it sounds like your cocking rod is to short and allowing the back block to take it back to the limit.That's the only thing I can think of .Rod might have a clue as I'm sure he does.I'll ask him tomorrow.
“Do not yearn too much for a sword made by a famous smith. This is because even if you give a good man a sword worth ten thousand coppers, he will not be able to beat a hundred men each holding a spear worth a hundred coppers.” - Asakura Takakage Toshikage, 1462-1482

Ecc. 9-10
Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with your might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, where you go.

DOOR GUNNER handgun mounts for gunsafes.

http://www.machineshopdpm.com/
CCMachinist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 11:46 PM   #13 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwitch View Post
Hmm, pics of said marker?

Any way to put an oring bumper of some type on the lug to keep it from bashing the slot?
Are you talking about the bullet proof or mushroomed?here is the bullet proof.or not

“Do not yearn too much for a sword made by a famous smith. This is because even if you give a good man a sword worth ten thousand coppers, he will not be able to beat a hundred men each holding a spear worth a hundred coppers.” - Asakura Takakage Toshikage, 1462-1482

Ecc. 9-10
Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with your might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, where you go.

Old 04-24-2008, 12:28 AM   #14 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

No No .. those are HMR mushrooms, completely different issue entirely
Old 04-24-2008, 01:23 AM   #15 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorhead View Post
No No .. those are HMR mushrooms, completely different issue entirely
These mushrooms are definitely bad for your health

Ecc. 9-10

Old 04-24-2008, 07:59 AM   #16 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCmachinist View Post
These mushrooms are definitely bad for your health
heh, it only takes one.
Warwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 09:05 AM   #17 (permalink)
Blue - Red

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwitch View Post
But if its metal-to-metal contact there will still be metal fatigue. A bumper of some type would tame that impact a little. Of course, I base this on no engineering knowledge whatsoever. Im just spitballing here.

It is not metal to metal contact. It is metal to delrin.

TF

TF's MCB Trust.
Talfuchre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 09:06 AM   #18 (permalink)
Blue - Red

CCM Fan
Quote:
I think I see what your talking about now.Your bolt is traveling back to far when you pump it and the lug is hitting the "back" of the lug slot.Is that correct?For some reason I thought the lug was rubbing the top of the grip frame.Duh.
Anyway,it sounds like your cocking rod is to short and allowing the back block to take it back to the limit.That's the only thing I can think of .Rod might have a clue as I'm sure he does.I'll ask him tomorrow.
This is exactly right. I talked to Rod. It is always possible to push the lug into the slot in the body by simply over pumping the marker.

Adrenaline and wanting to autotrigger leads me to over pump often.

The question Rod and I had was why the slot in the body is the length it is. Why not make it longer so that the hammmer bottoms out on the spring before it bottoms out the lug on the body of the marker.

TF

TF's MCB Trust.
Talfuchre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 04:57 PM   #19 (permalink)
MQ2 Pumper!

Quote:
well,I proved it wasn't bullet proof.You proved it's not wear proof.Time for a hard ano gun.We did a brush finish the other day on a series 6 and had it black hard anoed.It looks very nice.We will do some testing.It may replace the dust.
Hard ano gun? You've got my attention. Just about every part of my current setup has taken on CCM parts other than the barrel, body, bolt, and feedneck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talfuchre View Post
The question Rod and I had was why the slot in the body is the length it is. Why not make it longer so that the hammmer bottoms out on the spring before it bottoms out the lug on the body of the marker.
I've wondered about this myself, and would like to know why as well.
mxmtl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 05:29 PM   #20 (permalink)
MCB Member

Fan of EMR
The back of the frame needs somewhere to thread in so there's not unlimited room for that slot, unfortunately. If the frame were to extend far enough back that it could use the beavertail screw hole that would give the room for the extended lug slot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HP_Lovecraft View Post
I'm no hippie, but I do lack any sense of style.
Murph is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCM