mcarterbrown.com  

CCM Chipley Machine

Old 04-22-2008, 01:44 PM   #1 (permalink)
Red - Black

CCM Fan
Had a little mushrooming Sunday...

No - not THOSE types of mushrooms!

Mmy Series 6 (which I play aggressively with and often) took a little beating Sunday when the slot cut into the bottom tube mushoomed slightly (from the lug hitting it I am guessing) and caused drag on the bolt.

A little emory cloth cleaned it up with no issues - but just be warned if you get odd velocity fluctuations and you have an older marker (or you treat yours like a monkey on a suitcase) then this may be something to check out.

TF

TF's MCB Trust.
Talfuchre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 03:49 PM   #2 (permalink)
Rec Poster

"like a monkey on a suitcase...." is that what kids call it these days?
mojojojoaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 09:46 PM   #3 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talfuchre View Post
No - not THOSE types of mushrooms!

Mmy Series 6 (which I play aggressively with and often) took a little beating Sunday when the slot cut into the bottom tube mushoomed slightly (from the lug hitting it I am guessing) and caused drag on the bolt.

A little emory cloth cleaned it up with no issues - but just be warned if you get odd velocity fluctuations and you have an older marker (or you treat yours like a monkey on a suitcase) then this may be something to check out.

TF

I'm not sure what caused that.I saw it happen on a Series 5 years ago.But it was operator error.He had set the lug way to low.Since I know you know what you are doing,I would check out the lug and make sure the lug clearance is cut long enough.Do you see what I'm talking about.If it was short cut then the threads would be hitting the frame.other than that I'm kind of stumped.
“Do not yearn too much for a sword made by a famous smith. This is because even if you give a good man a sword worth ten thousand coppers, he will not be able to beat a hundred men each holding a spear worth a hundred coppers.” - Asakura Takakage Toshikage, 1462-1482

Ecc. 9-10
Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with your might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, where you go.

NEW STORE http://store.chipleymachine.com/

DOOR GUNNER handgun mounts for gunsafes.

http://www.machineshopdpm.com/
CCMachinist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 08:19 AM   #4 (permalink)
Red - Black

CCM Fan
Honestly Bill,

Grab a marker - use way too much strength and ram that lug into the body. It will mushroom slightly no matter what. This was simply wear. No biggie at all.

TF

TF's MCB Trust.
Old 04-23-2008, 09:56 AM   #5 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
well,I proved it wasn't bullet proof.You proved it's not wear proof.Time for a hard ano gun.We did a brush finish the other day on a series 6 and had it black hard anoed.It looks very nice.We will do some testing.It may replace the dust.
“Do not yearn too much for a sword made by a famous smith. This is because even if you give a good man a sword worth ten thousand coppers, he will not be able to beat a hundred men each holding a spear worth a hundred coppers.” - Asakura Takakage Toshikage, 1462-1482

Ecc. 9-10
Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with your might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, where you go.

NEW STORE http://store.chipleymachine.com/

DOOR GUNNER handgun mounts for gunsafes.

http://www.machineshopdpm.com/
CCMachinist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 11:09 AM   #6 (permalink)
MCB Member

Fan of EMR
Should've seen the slot on my first autococker. I got a used 2k1 centerfeed for a hundred bucks in 03. And it was a store that priced it at that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HP_Lovecraft View Post
I'm no hippie, but I do lack any sense of style.
Murph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 11:20 AM   #7 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCmachinist View Post
well,I proved it wasn't bullet proof.You proved it's not wear proof.Time for a hard ano gun.We did a brush finish the other day on a series 6 and had it black hard anoed.It looks very nice.We will do some testing.It may replace the dust.
Hmm, pics of said marker?

Any way to put an oring bumper of some type on the lug to keep it from bashing the slot?
Warwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 01:18 PM   #8 (permalink)
Red - Black

CCM Fan
This is actually easy to fix - drill and tap the end of the large pump arm and add a screw. Set it to limit overtravel of the hammer and bolt.

TF

TF's MCB Trust.
Old 04-23-2008, 01:57 PM   #9 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
This is actually easy to fix - drill and tap the end of the large pump arm and add a screw. Set it to limit overtravel of the hammer and bolt.

TF
But if its metal-to-metal contact there will still be metal fatigue. A bumper of some type would tame that impact a little. Of course, I base this on no engineering knowledge whatsoever. Im just spitballing here.
Warwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 06:53 PM   #10 (permalink)
Ran out of characters.

CCM Fan
Quote:

TF
Or just stick some kind of stopper in there. A pencil works.
mtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCM