mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   CCM (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/ccm/)
-   -   CCM S6 LP or HP? (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/ccm/38873-ccm-s6-lp-hp.html)

Narayan 04-28-2008 05:50 PM

CCM S6 LP or HP?

I know that S6 accepts both tanks... But what is preferred? I'm purchasing a new tank solely for this gun so I may as well get the one that will benefit this marker the most.

Thanks

Phantom Power 04-28-2008 09:26 PM

The HP tank is a better bet. In order for regulators to recharge effectively you want at least a 200psi pressure difference between upstream and downstream.

Plus the up side is then you can use your HP tank on other markers if you choose.

Narayan 04-28-2008 09:52 PM

Well doesnt LP tank output 450psi? so that 200 psi pressure your talking about should be covered easily

Duzzy 04-28-2008 09:57 PM

It will cover the 200 psi difference (Although I'd always heard it should be twice as much to allow proper recharge rates...), but it won't cover a HP marker should you ever buy one.

Besides, these days the only real reason to buy a LP tank IMHO is because either you have a junky secondary regulator after the tank regulator, or you aren't running a regulator.

Other than that I can't actually see a good reason to own one, but again that's IMHO.

Narayan 04-28-2008 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duzzy (Post 385065)
It will cover the 200 psi difference (Although I'd always heard it should be twice as much to allow proper recharge rates...), but it won't cover a HP marker should you ever buy one.

Besides, these days the only real reason to buy a LP tank IMHO is because either you have a junky secondary regulator after the tank regulator, or you aren't running a regulator.

Other than that I can't actually see a good reason to own one, but again that's IMHO.

Thanks for the input, I'm starting to lean towards HP now

Anyone else???

Talfuchre 04-28-2008 10:54 PM

I have used LP since my S5. Never an issue - use a HP on my SS-25.

TF

Narayan 04-28-2008 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Talfuchre (Post 385164)

TF

Aren't there some pumpenstein players who have the S6? Do they use LP or HP?

Duzzy 04-29-2008 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Talfuchre (Post 385164)

TF

But you have both correct?

I suppose the question I would ask is whether or not you see a marked difference between the HP and LP tanks?

I guess I don't think that the difference should have any effect on the CCM regulator, and again, if you're only going to get one air tank I would go the HP route.

Narayan 04-29-2008 12:08 AM

Well i decided to go LP after all... Im in the mix of getting a Angel A1 so a LP tank is the one for me...

Thanks for the input

Talfuchre 04-29-2008 08:08 AM

Three of us use S6's and shoot them with LP.

One of us uses a S6P and uses 650 output.

One of us uses an S5 B and uses a LP tank.

One of us uses a SS-25 and uses 650 output.

One of us uses a S5 and uses LP.

With all of us this said - I have seen no difference between a LP tank on a S6 or HP. I don't even adjust the reg when I switch.

TF