mcarterbrown.com  

CCM Chipley Machine

Old 05-01-2008, 10:16 PM   #1 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Arrow 03 ccm J2

I was curious as to what the current market value is for this particular marker.
pntbllkd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 10:39 PM   #2 (permalink)
Ballin since 1989

Hey there, Welcome to MCarterBrown!!

You may want to post this in the "Ask the Experts" section under the main page.

Less Paint, More Balls! Play Pump!
stickyskunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 12:13 AM   #3 (permalink)
68 Cal Junkie

Value is in the eye of the beholder, and one may certainly hold different values from one buyer to the next. I recall 2 of these being sold on mcarterbrown recently after a dry spell of over 2 years. Being something of a J2 fan myself, and an owner of 2 different J2's over the years, I hold them in higher regard than other autococker bodies, as certainly CCM has distinguished itself over the years in build quality second to none (ask any pump autococker guru, CCM is the first, second, and third initial of the game). From the context of your post, I can only guess you are interested in one of the 2 currently for sale, and since my friend stickyskunk has also posted here, I can narrow down your intentions a little bit by some careful assuming. While I openly admit that the seller and I are friends, I will try and be objective and I will back up my estimations with as much proof as I can. Lets take for example the one being sold by stickyskunk. I give you the peoples exhibit a:

First the bad, this marker is not fully original and it has been drilled for eyes. Here in the mcarterbrown world that tends to devalueate a marker. the up side is that the nonoriginal parts are limited to the new style 86 degree gripframe, and well thats not really a bad problem to have. the newer gripframes have a more crisp brake to them and the pull is lighter and shorter. The 86 degree frame is a real plus, and the modern autotrigger makes this a formidible pro level marker. The grip/pump/autotrigger is the heart and sole of any autococker paintslinger, you could bolt any autococker body on there and blast your way to the pro tourney level. These are valued on ebay at $200 and worth every cent. CCM Chipley 86 Degree Auto Trigger Kit Pump Grip Frame - eBay (item 200092958743 end time May-16-08 21:10:15 PDT)

So you got a winner in the gripframe, the pump kit, and the autotrigger, but would you really bolt just any autococker body to it? no you'd want something made with tight tolerances by a reputable manufacturer. CCM comes to mind as one of those types, and the 03 J2's rarity coupled with CCM's quality certainly makes for an interesting paint-thrower. For reference, an older paintball news website did an in depth review of the 03 J2. Please check it out; ladies and gentlemen of the jury I give you peoples exibhit b: WARPIG - World And Regional Paintball Information Guide
a indepth review of the 03 J2, what it should look like originally, and what it was capable of. For the sake of argument, we will give it a low ball value of $80 for a vert feed non wgp body, even drilled for eyes. We will even figgure in that fancy high rise ccm feedneck and the original matching back block, barrel, and vert asa into that figgure. I am trying to be fair here after all.

CCM bolt, unsure of the vintage but certianly no slouch in any given year. new bolt $50.75 (shipped) Delrin Bolt CCM New - Black & White - eBay (item 150237913118 end time May-18-08 07:29:11 PDT)

Internals are ccm, I assume original. new internals $57.79 CCM Chipley Autococker Internal kit Lower Tube Kit WGP - eBay (item 200104001165 end time May-19-08 16:10:22 PDT)

Original cocking rod. new cocking rod $13.79
CCM NEW COCKING ROD PAINTBALL CHIPLEY AUTOCOCKER*(LOOK) - eBay (item 170180432945 end time May-20-08 16:41:27 PDT)

The regulator is a 03-04 vintage, and somebody correct me if I'm wrong but its the same internals as the current CCM regulators. They are nice, have a delrin piston, and work really well. This reg sells new for $68.75 (shipped) lets call it an even $40 cause its buggered up on the bottom.

modern ccm micro rail and on/off, $26.79 and $40.95 respectively
CCM Chipley Micro Rail Drop Forward Black/Silver dust - eBay (item 200092951249 end time May-16-08 20:23:48 PDT)
CCM Paintball On Off Adapter Black - eBay (item 180230572043 end time May-05-08 08:00:39 PDT)

The hose, while having a value (it would cost in the $30-40 to put macroline in its place), I will not add it into the total.

According to my estimations it would cost $510.07 to make a pump autococker (why does nobody say sniper anymore?) of similar actual value. No CCM fanboy factor goes into it, no rarity is calculated, just simple part values. I understand the current asking price to be $430. Because the asking price is lower than the estimated part out price, an enterprising soul might be tempted to buy it and part it out. However its a solid machine a straight shooter, and a unique looker. I wish I had the cash.

Any other estimations are welcome, if you think I'm off go ahead and let me know, but I'm going to guess that I'm not too far off the mark.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agglet View Post
Vampirism is no joke get tested.
spymongoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 12:22 AM   #4 (permalink)
VampiresTasteLikeChicken!

I wouldnt pay more then 250 to 275 for a drilled body.

DA.
DarkArmorPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 04:23 PM   #5 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Arrow

I would like to thank you for the comprehensive answer. After doing some additional research I have the information I need. Oh, and you guessed right

Thanks,

pntbllkd
pntbllkd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 07:40 PM   #6 (permalink)
Red

CCM Fan
Spymongoose,

1) one of the best answers I have ever seen.

2) there has been some changes to the reg latley. Different spring, Top hat, and adjustment screw.

TF

TF's MCB Trust.
Talfuchre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 10:20 PM   #7 (permalink)

I know around here I for a unaltered J2 the market has really seemed to drop out. A year of two ago they were going for 5 to 700 around here and now I've been seeing them in the 250 to 275 range .
Old 05-02-2008, 10:34 PM   #8 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Send a message via AIM to hvacman250

Its worth 300 tops

Al I have left for sale PB related is pump related headbands and tshirts.
hvacman250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 10:03 PM   #9 (permalink)
How's the view?

CCM Fan
'04 J2

How much could I get for a J2 like this one? All original internals, 86 slide trigger, S6 autotrigger pump kit and Triangular J2 beavertail.

I'm not selling, this is going with me to my grave!

Carter Machine
CCM

Last edited by hichucho; 07-29-2008 at 10:13 PM.
hichucho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 02:27 PM   #10 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Man View Post
I know around here I for a unaltered J2 the market has really seemed to drop out. A year of two ago they were going for 5 to 700 around here and now I've been seeing them in the 250 to 275 range .
I think you'd be suprised for a un-drilled J2, I still see people offering $500 plus. A bit more for the 04 version.
CCM CHICK is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCM