mcarterbrown.com

CCM Chipley Machine

Old 05-17-2008, 08:28 PM   #1 (permalink)
Vagabond

Arrow Problem With SS-25 Pump Stroke

I'm really confused on this one. The last two times I've been out to play, I'll cock the marker all the way back, and it will just LOCK up. The backblock is all the way back, obviously, but I can pull on the pump handle, push the backblock, and after a while of shaking and pulling, it will come back to normal, but this happened like 10 times today, and I need to know how to fix it. HALP.

Oh yeah, last game of today. 1 on 1. I run out of paint, and I'm running all over the field trying not to get shot and looking for one decent ball to shoot in hopes I at least get close to hitting the guy. I find one, I wait for him to run to his next bunker, he runs and I, shoot, right on the mask. I was shocked. But seriously, someone help me with fixing this problem.
Menso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 08:33 PM   #2 (permalink)

Check your alignment of the pump rods.

One could be bent, or just the secondary rod is not aligned vertically, causing rubbing and binding.
Andrewliu6294 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 08:34 PM   #3 (permalink)
Mar
All nail Drum!

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
have you removed the pump handle before? Have you changed the rubber bumper on the cocking rod? Is the cocking rod backing out?

This happened to me with my s-5. It was a ball pinching, it didn't seem like it was, because I was totally unable to bring the handle forward. I know it seems a simple solution, I didn't believe it myself...

Look down the feedneck and pull the handle back, check how far back your bolt is travelling...

Has this ever happened with no balls in the marker? If not, then what I mentioned is likely correct. If it happens with no hopper and balls, check what the above poster said....

Just check the cocking rod. Make sure your bolt is going back far enough, if not spin your back block 1 full turn (out) and try that...
Mar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 09:14 PM   #4 (permalink)
Here we go again...

Check your autotrigger cam. My S6 acts up like that from time to time. The cam will slide out of the frame just enough to lock it up completely.
Old 05-17-2008, 09:19 PM   #5 (permalink)
Custom Gunslinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastev View Post
Check your autotrigger cam. My S6 acts up like that from time to time. The cam will slide out of the frame just enough to lock it up completely.
This should be your first thing to check as this is a situation that I have seen happen a couple of times.

My Gallery
Feedback at MCB
Feedback at SCP
Cleric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 01:27 AM   #6 (permalink)
Vagabond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrewliu6294 View Post
Check your alignment of the pump rods.

One could be bent, or just the secondary rod is not aligned vertically, causing rubbing and binding.
Checked the guide rods, straighter than Brad Pitt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar View Post
have you removed the pump handle before? Have you changed the rubber bumper on the cocking rod? Is the cocking rod backing out?

I've removed it before. Haven't touched the rubber bumper. Cocking rod seems to be just fine.

This happened to me with my s-5. It was a ball pinching, it didn't seem like it was, because I was totally unable to bring the handle forward. I know it seems a simple solution, I didn't believe it myself...

I'm not too sure about that. I'm not a body builder, but if it was a ball pinching, I think I would have chopped it with the bolt because I pull on the handle full force and the mother won't budge.

Look down the feedneck and pull the handle back, check how far back your bolt is travelling...

The bolt is clearing the breach, by a good distance I'd say. I can feel some space between the bolt and the top of the body when I stick my finger in there.

Has this ever happened with no balls in the marker? If not, then what I mentioned is likely correct. If it happens with no hopper and balls, check what the above poster said....

Never happens when I dry fire or just mess around with it with no paint.

Just check the cocking rod. Make sure your bolt is going back far enough, if not spin your back block 1 full turn (out) and try that...
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastev View Post
Well, the times when it locks up, I never gave any attention to the cam, because it seems to happen when I'm in a squeeze and I'm just frantic on getting it shooting again. But, I was just messing around the cam now, trying to push it out or get it to where it could cause the locking up, but that doesn't seem like that's the problem. Granted, this was without paint and air.
Menso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 06:54 AM   #7 (permalink)
Blue - Red

CCM Fan
Check the bottom tube. Take out the IVG, Hammer, and main spring. Make sure that the bottom tube is smooth - especially around the hammer slot.

TF

TF's MCB Trust.
Talfuchre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 07:05 AM   #8 (permalink)
Mar
All nail Drum!

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menso View Post
I'm not too sure about that. I'm not a body builder, but if it was a ball pinching, I think I would have chopped it with the bolt because I pull on the handle full force and the mother won't budge.

I do dips with an additional 135 lbs from a belt with a chain...and it happened to me bud, and it was a stupid ball pinching...it behaves like an egg from end to end, all the strength in the world...I couldn't believe it myself. Try messing with your backblock, and put some paint through it.

edit: if it happens again, stop what you are doing immediately, remove the hpper and look down. If there is not a ball pinched(ing) and you still cannot move handle, then my diagnosis is wrong. I am still willing to bet she is right though. Try moving the back-block in a full spin, (I said out before, didn't I?) I meant you want to increase the travel of the bolt backwards...anyways, give her a try...

Last edited by Mar; 05-19-2008 at 07:13 AM.
Old 05-19-2008, 03:15 PM   #9 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
OR..... Call us directly and we'll be more than happy to walk you through any issues you may have. Thanks,
~Mel @ CCM
1-877-412-6850
CCM CHICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 05:11 PM   #10 (permalink)
Mar
All nail Drum!

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Hey Menso:

What ended up being the problem buddy? You gotta let us know for future reference! Did you get it fixed?

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCM