mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   CCM (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/ccm/)
-   -   86 or 45 Frame for the S6 (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/ccm/40815-86-45-frame-s6.html)

xluben 05-21-2008 02:05 PM

86 or 45 Frame for the S6

I've decided that I really like playing pump so I am considering
getting an S6. They are avaible with the option of either an 86 degree
frame or a standard 45 frame, and I'm not sure which to get.

I know it comes down to personal preference, but since I will be unable to
hold/try the 86 degree frame before purchase I would like your advice.

I normally play speedball (electro's), and have gotten pretty used to using a
45 frame and a 68/4500 tank with Myth regulator on it (very short reg). I
also have a 2k2 Autococker with CCM Economy kit right now. It has the
stock 45 degree, single trigger, slider frame.

I would still be using the S6 pretty much exclusively for speedball with the
same tank, so I don't know if I'd like the 86 degree frame. I *do* like very
thin frames and I hear the 86 frame w/inset grip panels is quite thin, but I'm
just not sure if I will like the angle.

Right now I'm just thinking of getting the 45 frame because it is something I
would be more familiar with. If the grips are too thick I can always just
throw on a thin(ner) set of panels or wraparounds.

What do you think? Which frame do you prefer and why?

Thanks!

Lunchbox 05-21-2008 02:08 PM

Go down to your local shop and hold an angel, their frame is similar to the 86 if I remember correctly.

Captainneeda 05-21-2008 02:10 PM

86... I also slapped two of those bad boys on my phantoms. I just really enjoy the 'thin-ness' of the way the grip feels (referring to the actual cross section). I have somewhat large hands, and the grip just feels more natural to hold. Personal preference I suppose. One BIG negative is the choice of available panels/ aftermarket grips for the 86.

dundadun 05-21-2008 02:15 PM

any cz75 grips will fit the 86*
I replaced my phantom 45 with a CCM 86*, I think it's more comfortable depending on arm length as well, my wrist feels more natural when I hold it up tight to my body, but if you going full length stock or tank to shoulder the 45 may be more comfortable

Frink 05-21-2008 02:59 PM

I like the .45 personally. If your used to the feel, it could be a good way to go.

Cunha 05-21-2008 03:26 PM

Phantom 86 frames are not 86 frames. They are almost .45 but have a nice round shape.

S6 86* frames are actually nearly vertical.

I prefre the feel of the 86 by a long shot - it is way more ergonomic. However, with a cocker or sniper with a back block, it means the rear of the gun is closer to my mask, which means my lense takes even more damage from the back block than it normally does.

Because of this, i prefer a .45 frame on any cocker. 86* frames they have on the cockers are a bit narrow without the hogues and with the hogues the top finger groove is too small. On the phantom grip blocks they are practically perfect from what I can see, though ive never used one :D

Good luck, id go 45.

.45 frames are also more ergo when holding the gun 1 handed on sprints and other situations like that.

Milkshake 05-21-2008 08:47 PM

I have not had a problem getting used to my 86* on my prototype, been using 45's forever and thought it would be a big difference but it has not.
I like the feel of the 86*, thin and very comfortable in your hands, make the stock 45 feel wider than a brick. I do not have any problems going back and forth between the two with various markers. Look around and I am sure you will find someone with one and you can feel the difference for yourself. It is a tough decision, be sure to research it thoroughly before you decide. I wish I could put 86's on other markers, love them myself.

xluben 05-21-2008 09:00 PM

I've held/shot an Angel-type 90 degree frame on an Impulse before and I wasn't a fan.
But that was from the standpoint that it was an electro and the trigger shape wasn't as
easy for me to walk as other frames/triggers. Also, it is just as wide as any other 45
frame so that's not much of a comparison.

I highly doubt that anyone around me has an S6 with an 86 frame, but I could be wrong.
If you're in MN and have one, let me know :D

Big Boy 05-22-2008 10:49 AM

Just look at it like how you like to hold your gun. Do you normally have it closer to your face or more stretched out? I always liked to have my gun as close to my face as possible, and the 86 is far more comfortable like that.

Your wrist is just at a more natural angle. Hold your arm up from your side with your left arm out like you are holding a reg. Now put your arm that would hold the trigger frame out. Does it feel more comfortable to twist your wrist forward to where it is level with the regulator hand, or is it more comfortable to leave it in it's natural straight position? I don't know if much of that makes sense without showing what I'm saying...but yeah.

xluben 05-23-2008 05:39 PM

I found more pics of the delrin grips on the S6 and they do look very nice (much better
than the Houge's). If/when I get one I think I'll go for the 86 frame.