mcarterbrown.com  

CCM Chipley Machine

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-24-2008, 08:30 PM   #1 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Amherst, Maynard, and Northampton Massachusetts.

Aluminum pump handle?

Are there any aluminum pump handles made for CCM pump kits?

Thanks!
A.C. Basbas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 09:25 PM   #2 (permalink)
Active Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Tampa, FL
Send a message via AIM to Grivooga Send a message via Yahoo to Grivooga

The carbon fiber handles have aluminum end caps. If you're looking to color-match with a marker anno annoing the end caps of a CF handle would probably look pretty good. Don't think I've ever seen an aluminum CCM pump handle that wasn't a one-off custom deal. I'm not exaclt a CCM connoisseur though so it's entirely possible they've slipped past withot me noticing.
__________________
Clinton - Feedback 0/0,
Tampa Bay Ground Pounders, Blitzkrieg Paintball - Lutz, FL
Gun-whore in training.
Grivooga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 09:39 PM   #3 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Amherst, Maynard, and Northampton Massachusetts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grivooga View Post
The carbon fiber handles have aluminum end caps. If you're looking to color-match with a marker anno annoing the end caps of a CF handle would probably look pretty good. Don't think I've ever seen an aluminum CCM pump handle that wasn't a one-off custom deal. I'm not exaclt a CCM connoisseur though so it's entirely possible they've slipped past withot me noticing.
Yeah, I've considered CF but the marker it's intended for is a turqoise/chrome mix with no black on it to speak of. I guess I was hoping someone made like an exact copy of the plastic ones in aluminum so it could be anno'ed to match (the clear light blue I've got on there now matches well, but not perfectly).

That said, once I get my trade from CCMachinist this thing'll be all PTP and CCM; no other parts involved (just some KAPP grips )
A.C. Basbas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 09:41 PM   #4 (permalink)
Post Whore
 
Brick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007

I've been thinking about making a run. I will see if I can get my hands on some alluminum (easy) and a CCM handle (just gotta get around to buying one.
__________________
MCB Feedback
TdotBallers Feedback
PaintballNation Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayvik View Post
Simple solution, put a big sign up that says "Honk if you love prison rape"
Brick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 09:45 PM   #5 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Amherst, Maynard, and Northampton Massachusetts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brick View Post
I've been thinking about making a run. I will see if I can get my hands on some alluminum (easy) and a CCM handle (just gotta get around to buying one.
If you can garuntee a decent-looking product I'd gladly donate a handle to the cause. I'm sure more people would sign on for one if they knew you could make them, too.
A.C. Basbas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 11:18 PM   #6 (permalink)
MCB Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007

CCM Fan
alum handles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grivooga View Post
The carbon fiber handles have aluminum end caps. If you're looking to color-match with a marker anno annoing the end caps of a CF handle would probably look pretty good. Don't think I've ever seen an aluminum CCM pump handle that wasn't a one-off custom deal. I'm not exaclt a CCM connoisseur though so it's entirely possible they've slipped past withot me noticing.
Nope,we never made any aluminium handles.Unless Jason made a couple of customs way back in the early garage days.We have never had any plans to do any production alum handles.They could become cost prohibitive.Unless they were totally custom and someone was willing to pay the price.
__________________
“Do not yearn too much for a sword made by a famous smith. This is because even if you give a good man a sword worth ten thousand coppers, he will not be able to beat a hundred men each holding a spear worth a hundred coppers.” - Asakura Takakage Toshikage, 1462-1482

Ecc. 9-10
Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with your might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, where you go.

NEW STORE http://store.chipleymachine.com/

DOOR GUNNER handgun mounts for gunsafes.

http://www.machineshopdpm.com/
CCMachinist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 11:21 PM   #7 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Amherst, Maynard, and Northampton Massachusetts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCmachinist View Post
Nope,we never made any aluminium handles.Unless Jason made a couple of customs way back in the early garage days.We have never had any plans to do any production alum handles.They could become cost prohibitive.Unless they were totally custom and someone was willing to pay the price.
I gotcha. Well, in that case I'll stick with the clear acrylic. They're comfy and they're CCM, what more could I possibly ask? By the way Bill, thanks for making my CCM dreams come true with this trade we've got going; that lower tube kit is being put to good use.
A.C. Basbas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 11:44 PM   #8 (permalink)
Active Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Tampa, FL
Send a message via AIM to Grivooga Send a message via Yahoo to Grivooga

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCmachinist View Post
Nope,we never made any aluminium handles.Unless Jason made a couple of customs way back in the early garage days.We have never had any plans to do any production alum handles.They could become cost prohibitive.Unless they were totally custom and someone was willing to pay the price.
Didn't say they were CCM produced. I'm sure I've seen atleast one gun running around the nation that had a custom aluminum pump anno'd and laser-engraved with the gun on what looked like a CCM front end. Really wouldn't be that hard to make. The most complicated part for an amateur to produce is the guides. Anyone with a lathe and a bunch of time could easily make a one off handle of similiar dimensions and drill the holes themself to match. Cost prohibitive to produce commercially but if you have the equipment and aren't charging yourself for your time the material costs wouldn't be terrible.
__________________
Clinton - Feedback 0/0,
Tampa Bay Ground Pounders, Blitzkrieg Paintball - Lutz, FL
Gun-whore in training.
Grivooga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 01:16 AM   #9 (permalink)
MCB Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grivooga View Post
Didn't say they were CCM produced. I'm sure I've seen atleast one gun running around the nation that had a custom aluminum pump anno'd and laser-engraved with the gun on what looked like a CCM front end. Really wouldn't be that hard to make. The most complicated part for an amateur to produce is the guides. Anyone with a lathe and a bunch of time could easily make a one off handle of similiar dimensions and drill the holes themself to match. Cost prohibitive to produce commercially but if you have the equipment and aren't charging yourself for your time the material costs wouldn't be terrible.

I agree.If you have machines to make stuff then it's just your time.The payment is self satisfaction knowing that you built something from solid material.
__________________
“Do not yearn too much for a sword made by a famous smith. This is because even if you give a good man a sword worth ten thousand coppers, he will not be able to beat a hundred men each holding a spear worth a hundred coppers.” - Asakura Takakage Toshikage, 1462-1482

Ecc. 9-10
Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with your might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, where you go.

NEW STORE http://store.chipleymachine.com/

DOOR GUNNER handgun mounts for gunsafes.

http://www.machineshopdpm.com/
CCMachinist is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCM

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:10 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO
© MCB Network LLC