mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   CCM (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/ccm/)
-   -   ss-25 and ccm questions? (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/ccm/47339-ss-25-ccm-questions.html)

f.t.m. electra 08-05-2008 05:58 AM

ss-25 and ccm questions?

what does ss-25 stand for anyway, didnt know if it had a meaning like the series 5 and 6, and also j2

what was the first ccm gun and what did the first pump kit look like, because i saw at warpig a video of team ccm about 2000 playing in a tourney, looked like a wgp style handle but with the ccm guide systems

f.t.m. electra 08-05-2008 06:03 AM

found the vid

PigTV - Paintball Television

simmy952 08-05-2008 06:50 AM

One is Nelson based and the other Sheridan based. The main difference between the S5 and S6 is the milling. The J2 was an S5 with some cosmetic millwork. That is all I know. Talfuchre is the person to ask.

f.t.m. electra 08-05-2008 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by simmy952 (Post 476256)
One is Nelson based and the other Sheridan based. The main difference between the S5 and S6 is the milling. The J2 was an S5 with some cosmetic millwork. That is all I know. Talfuchre is the person to ask.

im not asking for the difference in the guns, if you READ i say what does the names of the ccm guns stand for, and im lost when you talk about the nelson and sheridan based guns, its like you post in the wrong thread or something, cuz your way off topic

A.C. Basbas 08-05-2008 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by f.t.m. electra (Post 476258)
im not asking for the difference in the guns, if you READ i say what does the names of the ccm guns stand for, and im lost when you talk about the nelson and sheridan based guns, its like you post in the wrong thread or something, cuz your way off topic

Bill Holstein tried to explain it to me recently like this:

Quote:

Originally Posted by CCmachinist
I will have to ask Jason. I forgot.
I know the first "S" and the 5 is from the Series 5.
The 2 was from the J2.
So he combined Them for SS25.
I just can't remember what the other s is for.

It's as good an explaination as any, and it's straight from the horses mouth so I'd take it as the truth. I can only wonder at that other "S", however...

Talfuchre 08-05-2008 09:15 AM

I wonder if the other S stands for Spyder - as that is the Valve it used.

The video looks like a bunch of stuff that Jason was milling by hand. Custom pump handles on some of them all with hand made auto triggers.

TF

Menso 08-05-2008 11:43 AM

I was just thinking about this when I was cleaning my SS-25 this weekend. For some reason, I always end up thinking "Super Stocker" when I see it :/

russc 08-05-2008 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by f.t.m. electra (Post 476258)

No need to get so snappy man, he was just trying to help you out.

Talfuchre 08-05-2008 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by russc (Post 476885)

Word...

TF

f.t.m. electra 08-06-2008 06:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by russc (Post 476885)

my bad, but when i try to get info on things, ppl always are off topic, maybe its cuz of pbn, sorry for getting snappy though to whoever