mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   CCM (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/ccm/)
-   -   Dyeing CCM plastics? (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/ccm/50531-dyeing-ccm-plastics.html)

Ryantuomi 09-07-2008 07:50 PM

Dyeing CCM plastics?
 
I was looking at the new clear plastic S6 back block
Back Block CCM New - Clear Series 6 - eBay (item 150288868227 end time Sep-28-08 09:45:00 PDT)

I am curious if it would be possible to dye this and say the clear plastic pump handle.

spud01 09-07-2008 07:51 PM

I know you can dye the pump handle because it is acrylic. I am not certain on the backblock because it is made from Lexan. You are probably safe though seeing as the lexan can take a bullet it should be able to stand up to the heat of the dying process.

Mel 09-11-2008 06:08 PM

We have seen a guy use the Rit Dye on the trigger and pump handle. He did Red and it was pretty sweet...

Chemical-X 09-11-2008 06:10 PM

The acrylic and lexan can take coloring but it will fade, The best route is to MFG the item from a chemically colored plastic such as what the pump kits are made out of.

A.C. Basbas 09-11-2008 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chemical-X (Post 516448)
The acrylic and lexan can take coloring but it will fade, The best route is to MFG the item from a chemically colored plastic such as what the pump kits are made out of.

...Which I'm sure they'll start doing, after reading this thread. *hint hint*

Lil Demon 09-11-2008 08:47 PM

Just got word from Mel @ CCM on a similar question, she basically suggested using RIT fabric dye to tint the color of clear parts - I'll probably be doing this with some grips, either that or painting (with model paint) a symbol on the inner face that will show through, I'll experiment with that first to see how it goes. Another thing I want to try is getting vinyl stickers cut by a sign company and place them on the inside surface.

Anyone know of someone making custom grips for the S6? If none of my ideas work I am in the market for buying some made for me ;)

I just got this thing, haven't even played with it yet, and already working on customizing it lol

Mel 09-12-2008 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A.C. Basbas (Post 516502)
...Which I'm sure they'll start doing, after reading this thread. *hint hint*

We used to make colored triggers, but we had issues with them snapping so we have discontinued them....

CCMachinist 09-12-2008 07:25 PM

There is dyes on the market for dying lexan (polycarbonate) products.The dye is a little expensive but works very well.The whole process can be found on google.They use the dye for sunglass lens.

spud01 09-14-2008 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil Demon (Post 516601)
Just got word from Mel @ CCM on a similar question, she basically suggested using RIT fabric dye to tint the color of clear parts - I'll probably be doing this with some grips, either that or painting (with model paint) a symbol on the inner face that will show through, I'll experiment with that first to see how it goes. Another thing I want to try is getting vinyl stickers cut by a sign company and place them on the inside surface.

Anyone know of someone making custom grips for the S6? If none of my ideas work I am in the market for buying some made for me ;)

I just got this thing, haven't even played with it yet, and already working on customizing it lol

yes the RIT fabric dye works well if you follow the instructions. if you are feeling artsy you can creat designs bye dying the part, then draw your design on the part using super glue or nail polish and then dying the part in your second color.

Custom grips for both the 45 and 86 frame's can be made by stinger paintball designs.

SPD Web Store - Viper Custom Paintball Marker Hand Grips - Paintball Grips - Paintball Gun Grips for Sale


Quote:

Originally Posted by CCM CHICK (Post 517586)
We used to make colored triggers, but we had issues with them snapping so we have discontinued them....

I was sad when mine snapped. Are the clear triggers still available?


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:50 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO
© MCB Network LLC